Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Piano Pieces?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 3:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to learn a few new pieces on the piano in the next few weeks. I'm sick of playing the same ones over and over the past few years. Much of what I'm finding on the internet is accompaniment, and I'm finding it quite difficult to find stand alone pieces. On top of that, a lot of what I'm finding is 'Jingle Bells for Beginners' or the likes.

Any recommendations here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Christopher Norton has a Christmas Microjazz series, he's the guy that is usually in every RIAM grade book up to gr5,,, he sure knows how to churn em out... check out here ...

I am in no way affiliated with that Norton fella but wish I was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

oh and Christopher Norton: Carol Jazz For Piano too while yer at it, dunno if they're the same tunes though..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Check out the 'Carol of the Bells' arrangement by George Winston on youtube. Its a beauty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Dr Gradus wrote: »
    Check out the 'Carol of the Bells' arrangement by George Winston on youtube. Its a beauty.

Have been motoring along with that now since you recommended - thanks a lot!

Any more recommendations welcome!

Advertisement