Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will you get a fill of diesel before the budget?

• 02-12-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

ordered 1000 litres of green this morning €890 :eek: what will it be after the budget, pure madness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

whelan1 wrote: »
    ordered 1000 litres of green this morning €890 :eek: what will it be after the budget, pure madness

have it ordered a few days..no sign of it yet though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Got a fill of kerosene for the house all right 2 weeks ago, when I first heard of the potential carbon tax increase... think it was 86c/litre :(

71c/litre when I got oil in the house first - and that was only 18 months ago :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Got 1000 of green and 1000 of white last saturday. €885 and €1440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

reilig wrote: »
    Got 1000 of green and 1000 of white last saturday. €885 and €1440

I got a Topaz fuel card. Just pull into and Topaz station and fill up with white. Looking at my November statement, I see I averaged a bit under €1.43 a liter for the month. Last fill was at €1.441 just last Monday. I pay by direct debit twice a month.

I used to buy bulk, but it seemed to me anyway, that the bulk price over past couple of years always seemed to be at pump price or even marginally over.

Change to the card system, which gives me a monthly statement etc, and also avoids the potential for the occasional Hi-Ace van to pull into my yard and fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

I think AXA give you a topaz diesel card and you paid monthly, they gave at least 10% discount, I didnt take up the offer cause I would never keep the money in bank till end if month, would be wrth looking into anyway, maybe he was just trying to seal the sale by telling me this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

BeeDI wrote: »
    I got a Topaz fuel card. Just pull into and Topaz station and fill up with white. Looking at my November statement, I see I averaged a bit under €1.43 a liter for the month. Last fill was at €1.441 just last Monday. I pay by direct debit twice a month.

I used to buy bulk, but it seemed to me anyway, that the bulk price over past couple of years always seemed to be at pump price or even marginally over.

Change to the card system, which gives me a monthly statement etc, and also avoids the potential for the occasional Hi-Ace van to pull into my yard and fill up.

To be honest, my main reason for the white diesel is that I have had to put 3 diesel filters in the jeep in the last 12 months because they fill up with muck. I was supposidly buying from reputable places. I just got tired of it. 1.44 is cheaper than I can get from any pump around here, and I have a nice new filtration system on my tank which is locked away in a shed - out of sight from prying eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

See petrol is cheaper than diesel in our local shop, thats a first:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Still cheaper than white Diesel, if your mad enough to use it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breeder

Diesel cost seems to be excessive anybody know of best deals available ? willing to travel for a bargain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

We rang them thursday to fill all the tanks and the prices i got was
    white 1.43
    tractor 0.89
    kerosene 0.86

Was looking at the barrels of oil aswell and the 15w40 seemed to be getting low so I priced that but was told it was e510 for a barrel of Maxol 15w40 Engine oil so I held off in that for awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭limo_100

Grecco wrote: »
    Still cheaper than white Diesel, if your mad enough to use it :rolleyes:

sure we al have to do what we have to do. its cheaper up the north to red diesel....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

limo_100 wrote: »
    sure we al have to do what we have to do. its cheaper up the north to red diesel....:rolleyes:

How much of a difference is there?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭limo_100

blue5000 wrote: »
    How much of a difference is there?

bout 83c or on there id only get it if im up the north which is more during the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I got €500 euros worth on thursday

Advertisement