Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 New Cars

Options
  • 02-12-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

What 2012 cars are people interested in for between 25k - 30k and why?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

The same ones as this year?

What sort of car are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Which cars? None

Why? Because I wouldn't buy a 25-30K car new. I'd instead spend the money on a well-specced used 40-45K (new) car.

That's just a personal preference though. I don't currently drive a premium marque, my car cost nothing like 25K, and I'm not saying you can't get excellent cars for that money. It's just that standard spec would be woeful (to me), and the extras are difficult to justify with the VAT&VRT-inclusive cost.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like to have newer and nice-looking cars, but for me interior and spec is more important.

And I get the new car thing, I really do, but my current new car entry level would be a Volvo S60, at SE-LUX trim. I'm far from being able to afford that, so my next car will (probably) be the best used compact exec with a good spec, that fits my budget of the future.

If pressed on it though, I'd probably be looking at a cross-over like a Kuga, Qashqai for something more interesting (not necessarily different). I simply couldn't buy a mass-market family hatchback or saloon new.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If I had to buy a new car next year:

If it wasn't my money, I'd look at the Giulietta. Depending how desperate the dealer was to shift metal you might scrape a 170ps Veloce in to budget. Cracking little car, good fun to drive and has a lot more soul than anything else in it's class.

Bit of bargaining would see you in an Insignia 160ps SE. Sensible middle of the road choice.

Sporty (ish) but still practical, the Boards favourite of the Octy VRs.

Superb 140 in Ambition or perhaps Elegance at a push.

What I'd probably end up going for though is a Superb 140ps Ambition with a decent set of wheels. It's just a great alrounder, and fantastic value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

R.O.R wrote: »
    What I'd probably end up going for though is a Superb 140ps Ambition with a decent set of wheels. It's just a great alrounder, and fantastic value for money.

Win, win, win! Such a nice car

Win, win, win! Such a nice car

What I actually meant to type there was Superb 140ps Ambition Combi - soooo much better looking than the ugly duckling hatchaloon that only very strange folk like the look of ;)

• Advertisement

What I actually meant to type there was Superb 140ps Ambition Combi - soooo much better looking than the ugly duckling hatchaloon that only very strange folk like the look of ;)

I be strange

I be strange

That you be lad, that you be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

I cant help but think of this every time somebody mentions a Skoda Superb. You can see why!

i091993.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Nixer Jim wrote: »
    I cant help but think of this every time somebody mentions a Skoda Superb. You can see why!

i091993.jpg
    I think I'll go watch that episode of Top Gear now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What would I buy? Nothing

If I had the moneys what would I buy? A clapped out banger.

No fun in buying a new car, it all works perfect, nothing to take apart :(

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    What would I buy? Nothing

If I had the moneys what would I buy? A clapped out banger.

No fun in buying a new car, it all works perfect, nothing to take apart :(

LOL, come on now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

LOL, come on now :P

Point taken!

Had a gander through this.... :eek:

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/recalls/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Toyota FT-86. Should be around 25-30k. Bargain. If I had the money of course.

toyota-gt-86-9_460x0w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

New Astra GTC.

I was at the dealer launch last night and they had a rather nice 2L CDTI in SRI trim :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

myself : the 2012 V6 diesel navara , the 2012 d-max and new ford ranger

People on here and enthusiasts : toyota ft-86 and a few others

the general irish public : any shítheap in tax band A with an engine that rivals a shot glass for capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I like the look and spec of the Citroen DC5 hybrid. 200bhp 4wd 70mpg when needed. Lovely interior an sharp looks.

I'll wait for a couple of years until like all citroens, it's lost 70% of it value and buy one then :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Robdoo wrote: »

Its a beauty but I reckon that the 25-30k will be the UK price. Try higher 30s here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The GT-86 is starting from GB£30k so expect it to cost upwards of €40k here. Cannot imagine they will sell many here at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

bazz26 wrote: »
    The GT-86 is starting from GB£30k so expect it to cost upwards of €40k here. Cannot imagine they will sell many here at that price.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Robdoo wrote: »

toyota-gt-86-9_460x0w.jpg

rofl! more like 40k

That's one expensive hyundai coupe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

pajo1981 wrote: »
    rofl! more like 40k

That's one expensive hyundai coupe.

From reading up about it it will be nothing like a Hyundai Coupe.

Decent engine, decent power, RWD, nothing like a Hyundai coupe, stupid comparison.

Cannot imagine Subaru's version being any cheaper either.

From reading up about it it will be nothing like a Hyundai Coupe.

Decent engine, decent power, RWD, nothing like a Hyundai coupe, stupid comparison.

i was only winding ye up, would ye relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Eh ......

516029.1-lg.jpg

Not exactly twins but .....

Sure you might as well compare it to the Nissan 370z too dude if you think that looks like it!!! :P

Sure you might as well compare it to the Nissan 370z too dude if you think that looks like it!!! :P
    Nah, the 370z looks like a fat hyundai coupe/toyota ft84 (same car, basically)

That is the Hyundai Genises. It is alot bigger and more expensive than the Coupe. It is aimed more at the 370Z.

This is the new Hyundai Coupe:
    Hyundai-Veloster-2012-%E2%80%93-Front-Side-View-610x457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Eh ......

516029.1-lg.jpg

Not exactly twins but .....

But that is a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, totally different car to the Coupé. The Genesis is an absolute beast of a machine - RWD, ~300bhp - so being compared to that is nothing to be ashamed of.

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Nah, the 370z looks like a fat hyundai coupe/toyota ft84 (same car, basically)

Right

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    That is the Hyundai Genises. It is alot bigger and more expensive than the Coupe. It is aimed more at the 370Z.

This is the new Hyundai Coupe:
    Hyundai-Veloster-2012-%E2%80%93-Front-Side-View-610x457.jpg

****, that looks exactly like a megane coupe...

what the **** is going on?

Advertisement