Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December "Ding-Dong" Meetup

Options
  • 02-12-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

So it is finally december which means time for a new thread!! Start getting your suggestions for meetups in :)

I am visiting Cork from Thu 15th Dec to Sun 18th Dec so I am free for drinks on Sat 17th. Anyone fancing drinks (and possibly dinner with me that day) ??

I have already created a facebook event for it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wish I could, enjoyed the last meet I was at, but doing one of those 12 pubs of Christmas pubcrawls that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

No-one interested in meeting up on Saturday 17th December? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'll be there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I might be up for it. Will know more after this weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I'll be there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I might make it, depends on how I feel that day.Think Steve is also coming down that weekend.

Ok so for those not in the facebook group the plan for Saturday 17th Dec is as follows:

Dinner for 8 people at 8pm in Panda Mama Chinese Restuarant (Parnell Place), I booked this today and confirmed so far are: Me, nursemar88, Ainu, corkcomp and deRanged. That leaves 3 places left, if you want one then either post here on in the facebook group.

After dinner (I guess around 9.30) we will go drinking!! Suggestions for nice bars are welcome, if you need my number for the event send me a private message (if you had it from before well it has not changed :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Might make it myself, not met anyone on the thread yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Link to facebook group? Dinner at 9.30pm? Or drinks at 9.30pm? Nice to see a meetup in Cork, just trying to figure out can i make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

KittyKat wrote: »
    Link to facebook group? Dinner at 9.30pm? Or drinks at 9.30pm? Nice to see a meetup in Cork, just trying to figure out can i make it.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/131027820341063/

It wont let me view the page. Whats the name of it? I'll try look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

Dinner is at 8 in Panda Mamas. I think there are some places left! Some other start at Soho earlier and we all meet there for drinks after dinner, no clue what time tho :o oh and it's called "Cork City Outings!!"

It wont let me view the page. Whats the name of it? I'll try look it up.

Sorry, I can see it cause I'm a member of Cork City Outings. If you send a request you'll be able to see it. Just search in Facebook for Cork City Outings like Ainu said.
    The actual title is "Dinner with two hot men at 8pm and then drinks somewhere afterwards" (the first part is spose to be ironic I think :)

Ainu wrote: »
    "Cork City Outings!!"
    lukin wrote: »
    The actual title is "Dinner with two hot men at 8pm"

Having no joy finding the page. Facebook is returning no results for both titles. I might make it at 8 yet. :)

We are planning on meeting up with people after dinner. Will text Kingtut to find out where you all have wandered off to when we are ready to meet up :D

Having no joy finding the page. Facebook is returning no results for both titles. I might make it at 8 yet. :)

You are right; I got a friend to search for "Cork City outings" on Facebook and it didn't come up.
    You should be OK though;I think you are allowed come to a meetup even if you are not part of the Facebook group (correct me if I'm wrong kingtut). As long as you say you are coming on the meetup thread (ie this one).
    That's how used to do it before Facebook went viral anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

The Facebook Group was mainly for sharing pics anyway. And there where a few people who weren't on boards that came to the meet-ups too! So its the same as its ever been: everybody is welcome!

I just tried the Facebook search. Just saw that the group is a "Secret Group". Not sure why, but because of that it can only be seen by members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭braintoxic

Creepy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

all are welcome at these meetups, the facebook group is for people who have been to a meetup already :-) If anyone is interested in dinner at 8pm in Panda Mamma send Kingtut a PM for details / contact number.. A few of us will be in soho from 7.30ish, send me a PM if you need a contact number. We'll all end up in the same venue at some point later in the evening:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

As your overlord I demand entry to any secret societies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

castie wrote: »
    As your overlord I demand entry to any secret societies!

see you on Saturday night so?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

roll on saturday :pac::pac::pac:

Hi everyone, just to explain the facebook group. It was originally set up when I was living in Cork and actively setting up events. It was a way of sharing photos of events without "strangers" seeing them (so people had to come to at least one meetup before they can enter)...

As the group is not as active how to the current members feel about me changing it to an open group but that in order to join people have to send me a message when they send a request with their boards username? I am aware that it is the internet and some people like their privacy....

Dinner is booked for Saturday night in Panda Mama for 8pm (booked for 8 people but so far we only have me, nursemar88, deRanged, Ainu and corkcomp) - if you intend on going also please let me know. Drinks afterwards! If anyone needs my number let me know and I'll send it in a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

kingtut wrote: »
    Dinner is booked tomorrow in Panda Mama for 8pm

you mean Saturday right?

deRanged wrote: »
    you mean Saturday right?

Oops :o:o:o

Post edited, just to be clear everyone it is on SATURDAY!!! Thanks deRanged!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

corkcomp wrote: »
    see you on Saturday night so?:pac:

Unless you want to move the venue to downtown Hong Kong I will have to refuse :)

Don't forget dinner is at 8pm in Panda Mama tonight (parnell place) see you all there and for drinks afterwards, if someone needs my number send me a private message!! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to explain the facebook group. It was originally set up when I was living in Cork and actively setting up events. It was a way of sharing photos of events without "strangers" seeing them (so people had to come to at least one meetup before they can enter)...

As the group is not as active how to the current members feel about me changing it to an open group but that in order to join people have to send me a message when they send a request with their boards username? I am aware that it is the internet and some people like their privacy....

Dinner is booked for Saturday night in Panda Mama for 8pm (booked for 8 people but so far we only have me, nursemar88, deRanged, Ainu and corkcomp) - if you intend on going also please let me know. Drinks afterwards! If anyone needs my number let me know and I'll send it in a private message.

Im not happy with it being a public page on facebook. Its for people who have MET UP, not for random people to be able to see what we look like just for the sake of it. So if you are changing it let me know before so I can delete myself. Thank you!! And Im not a crank if it comes acrodd like that sorry. See ye tonight..:D;)

• Advertisement

Something has come up and we are not going to be able to meet up :(

Have a great time!

Advertisement