Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEASE BREACH

Options
  • 02-12-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I need some advice if anyone could please help. I had opened recently a small coffee shop.When I signed the lease with the landlord and the Agency rep,we agreed to a monthly rent + rates + water charges.As the coffee shop had kitchen equipment, we agreed to pay half when we signed the lease and half in 4 monthly instalments. This happend at the beggining of October.After we opened, we found that on the back of the coffee shop there is another unit( kitchen factory) which is conected at the same ESB meter as the coffee shop, and the ESB bill come to the coffee shop.If the owner of this small kitchen furniture business would not tell us that he is conected to the same metre we would not know a thing. So basiccaly there is one ESB metre for both units, but the bill come on the name of the coffee shop. We were shocked and upset that the landlord didnt tell us this.Now, after a month of trade, one day a couple come over to the coffee shop saying that all the kitchen equipment blong to them, and that when they left ( that was last December) the landlord told them he will pay them for the equipment.This never happend.They were very upset,and they said that they did try several times to cantact the landlord with no success.When they were there, they called the landlord and left him a mesage that they are at the coffee shop.Imediately the landlord called them, talk to them, and they did go very upset.When we opened we take the meter readings for Gas and ESb, but because there bills in arrears none of these companies dont want to open an account for our business until the bills are paid.We did contact the landlord, he said he will sort it out, but this didnt happend. Couple of weeks ago we had a ESB engineer over to disconect, but person who have the furniture talk to them they said they will come back in 2 weeks .Today, another women called in coffe shop saying that she operate the coffee shop before us, and the kitchen equipment it belongs to her, and she wants her money for it, and if she will not get the money,Monday morning she will have someone with a truck over to take all the equipment.I have emailed the Estate Agent and did ring the landlord( who did not take the call).So, bassicaly the landlord used the equipment and the sell it to a third party, who left with the promise she will get the money,and the sold the equipment to us.I think that our landlord breach the lease on many points.What do you think?We dont know what to do know, if the landlord dont contact us back by Monday?What should we do if this person do come with a truck and load all appliances?Should a call the Gardai?I have no ideea....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Go seek legal advise on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement