Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable/ Record Player

Options
  • 02-12-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a turntable or record player for vinyl records and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals?

Ideally I would like one with a built in speaker but I could probably manage with just the turntable if needs be. Budget of around €100 so any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eeme

can this aldi one just play normal records?!
    Does it function like a normal record player?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thanks for the suggestion. That may just do the trick.

@eeme, yes it does play records normally, you'll just have to hook it up to some speakers to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi i saw a turntable today in either pc world or currys, cant rememeber exactly which store but was definately one of them and i think it was €119.. looked very nice ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

Hi, I just bought a very nice retro record player a few weeks ago from the Dublin Flea Market for 95 and it had built in speakers. They are having another market on this weekend in Smithfield Square so you might pick up another one there.

Just an option anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi is that flea market on all weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

Yes, its on Saturday and Sunday this week in Smithfield Square, its called block T and Dublin Flea, here is the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Dublin-Flea-Market/144081015625205

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cheers for that Dubguy but I won't be able to make it to Dublin unfortunately.

Thanks Zookey, didn't think PC World did that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Harvey Normans have a "retro" one with CD player built in :rolleyes:

http://www.harveynorman.ie/itek-it55-50s-style-record-player.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

scuby wrote: »

I have had bad experiences with both LIDL and ALDI with electronics.

First, I purchased a DVD hard drive recorder in LIDL a few years ago for €300, not cheap but it seemed a great spec at the time. I had nothing but trouble with it, starting less than a month after purchase. The DVD wouldnt scan properly and there were also issues with the hard drive. As we didnt watch many DVD's the time would pass before I would have to go through the whole process of registering calls, packing the product, etc etc and then we didnt have it for a few weeks. We would have to be at home for the delivery back.

in the end I lost patience with the company contracted to fix it & I came to an agreement to get 50% of the cost back.

I also (stupidly in hindsight) bought a camera for my daughter in ALDI. She hardly used it ever (less than 50 photos). She stored it in her drawer. Anyway, one day she turned it on and the screen was only displaying on one half & the other had an array of colours. As she wasnt using it we left if for ages and I finally remembered and sent it back to some repair crowd in England. I had checked the screen for damage and it was perfect.
    A few weeks later i got a very formal response from the crowd in England saying that the camera had been damaged and it wasnt their responsibility.

I couldnt see any damage & my daughter swore nothing happened. To be honest I dont have the time to be going to and fro to LIDL/ALDI with these things. The 3 year warranty soiunds good but in my opinion a warranty from a "normal" shop is better. I just decided to never again buy electronic stuff like that from Lidl/Aldi.

That's my rant over now.

P.S. - if you check the Richer Sounds section they have had a good turntable with a usb etc. i would deal with them / Philips shop / Currys / Harvey N anyday ahead of LIDL/ALDI for electronics. If you do need to go back at least you are dealing with someone who knows something about the products. In LIDL / ALDI the person you are dealing with just wants to get back to sweeping the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bounce1993

Argos sell them for around 80 quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

If your in dublin check out Da Rage on fade street,where Road records used to be. They have record players with built in speakers for 75 euro and it comes with a 25 euro voucher for anything in the shop.

http://www.facebook.com/TheRageDublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bounce1993

They sell them in the georgia street arcade for 70 quid, they also sell cheap records. Saw them yesterday.

Advertisement