Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New feature for IE9 Users

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just tried out the hotmail webapp and it seems the login issue seems only to apply to the boards.ie webapp, i could close and reopen hotmail in both the webapp and normal IE9 without one affecting the other and without constant logins, so it's definitely something peculiar to the boards.ie webapp. also, with regard to my earlier comment about the lack of a "home" icon near the address bar in the boards.ie webapp, apparently this is completely normal, strange and all as it is!

hotmail_webapp_screenshot.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

I've done some testing in our dev environment and it looks like the issue where you have to login every time you open the pinned site is caused by pinned sites not accepting HttpOnly cookies.

I can fix the problem by turning off the HttpOnly flag for 'Remember Me' cookies, however this isn't really an option since it massively increases the risk of XSS attacks.

I'm afraid until I have an epiphany (or better yet Microsoft fix the problem) this goes in the "won't fix" pile.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm afraid until I have an epiphany (or better yet Microsoft fix the problem) this goes in the "won't fix" pile.

You can download it here: http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/
    Cool of you to cater for nice browser users too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

I've done some testing in our dev environment and it looks like the issue where you have to login every time you open the pinned site is caused by pinned sites not accepting HttpOnly cookies.

I can fix the problem by turning off the HttpOnly flag for 'Remember Me' cookies, however this isn't really an option since it massively increases the risk of XSS attacks.

darn, i was going to suggest changing the target to https://www.boards.ie, like the secure hotmail login, but that again comes with it's own issues, such as the prompt to display only secure content,(on boards it did there anyway!) which would get just as frustrating, unless the user themselves disables it, again leaving themselves open to all sorts... bummer... :(

Advertisement