Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Intake 2011/2012

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Does anybody no when the next intake will be I no the December intake was this weekend but what bout the next one will it be in the new year. Anybody !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Hard to say really. I personally think it will be a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

smiley963 wrote: »
    Does anybody no when the next intake will be I no the December intake was this weekend but what bout the next one will it be in the new year. Anybody !!

Hey there, welcome to our GRR forum.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if their were to be an in-take in February 2012 to be honest.
    Their is still an on-going Garda Reserve Recruitment campaign and they have not yet reached the 10% target so I would suspect a few in-takes next-year possibly starting in February.

kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheBigLt

Guys, I'm currently going through the security clearance phase. I had my interview in October. I would doubt that they would interview candidates in autumn 2011 and wait until autumn 2012 to train them. I could be wrong but i'd imagine early in the new year more reserves will be trained. In the budget it said that reserves will be relied on more due to shortage in other resources. So hopefully early 2012 more reserves will begin training.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

TheBigLt wrote: »
    Guys, I'm currently going through the security clearance phase. I had my interview in October. I would doubt that they would interview candidates in autumn 2011 and wait until autumn 2012 to train them. I could be wrong but i'd imagine early in the new year more reserves will be trained. In the budget it said that reserves will be relied on more due to shortage in other resources. So hopefully early 2012 more reserves will begin training.

As far as I am aware there is another batch of reserves going down in Febuary they have not yet being picked. I do no that the clearance and take a long time especially on how Many family members you have down also.

Smiley963

Advertisement