Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking stuff with the fryingpan

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

i always end up burying meat on the outside and raw in the inside when i cook it on the frying pan. what is the write way to cook a standard burger from the butchers. my hob has numbers 1-6. what number should i put it as and when should i put in the oil and when should i put in the meat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

When frying stuff like burgers, I try to keep at a medium heat so maybe 3 or 4. Your best bet is to listen to it, if its really sizzling loud its too hot. Trial and error is your best bet, its all about practice and getting used to your equipment. Hope this helps.

Edit: Missed the end of your post, add the oil in at the start, hold your hand over it (well above it, dont want any nasty accidents :p ), when it feels warm,add in your meat. If your cooking steak, heat the pan to hot, put the oil on your meat, not the pan, and add it to the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

It all depends on how your burner is adjusted if it is gas. Electric are preset but gas needs adjustment, so don't cook your burgers too high. It will ruin your pan and burger will not be done in center. Season burgers on both sides before frying. Don't make burgers too thick either. When burgers are done juices run clear and they have a firmer feel. If too much water is cooking out of the burgers drain liquid from pan and return to heat. "Boiled Burgers" aren't very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Medium heat ...I never use oil for burgers as the fat should be enough....pan hot at the start....as Deki says...not too big....make them wide rather than high...bringing them to room temperature for about 10mins before cooking them can also help them cook more evenly.....

Advertisement