Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - PHP or ASP.NET?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I could be wrong but PHP is still the most used server side language? By a long way too.

That means absolutely **** all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I could be wrong but PHP is still the most used server side language? By a long way too.
    According to this you'd be right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I believe that's just public facing sites though. I'd suspect that in intranet and internal application use ASP.Net and Java would fair a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I know it does not mean a lot, but it does mean PHP is heavily used which is important to the discussion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I know it does not mean a lot, but it does mean PHP is heavily used which is important to the discussion.

Very true. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't interpreted to mean ASP.Net isn't also heavily used :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm quite surprised that the stats show that to be honest. Maybe it's down to interpretation. The likes of vBulletin, PHPBB and Wordpress are quite popular, probably more so than their .NET-based competitors. Taking those out might show a different picture.

Advertisement