Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size nappies to buy?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

I'm due baby in January and am going to purchase a few packs of eco friendly nappies online. I'm just wondering about the size and which to go for they have newborn size 4-11 pounds or mini size 6-13 pounds. I kind of think I'm better off with 6-13 pounds ones but need some advice. Also if I was to go for 6-13 pound ones how long would baby be using this size approximately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

yeah they seem to be the best size to get. They might be a bit big on your baby in the first couple of weeks but you can just fold them over slightly. You should get maybe a month up to 8 weeks on them, but all depends on how tall you baby will be and how quick they put on weight. You will notice that the sizes all overlap so you might feel after a month that they are a bit snug that you might change to the bigger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My baby was 7lb 14oz and was in the size 1 huggies for 6 weeks, then about the same again of size 2. That said I wouldn't bulk buy too much just in case they don't suit your baby. Get enough for 3/4 weeks maybe and then you can re-order all going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd go for the mini size. My son was 7lb at birth but he moved through sizes very quickly and I think he was in size 2 before 8 weeks old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks guys was only going to get about 6 packs first which is about 180 nappies. I might buy 1 pack of the newborn ones just incase they are too big as I really don't want to use regular nappies on my newborn due to all the strong chemicals and bleach in them.

Advertisement