Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA

Options
  • 02-12-2011 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

MBNA are pissing me off. I can't make the minimum payments for the moment, I've told them that, but I will pay €100 a month for the next 4 months. But the phone keeps ringing, and they're charging me extra fees.

Anyone else having hassle with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

MBNA are pissing me off. I can't make the minimum payments for the moment, I've told them that, but I will pay €100 a month for the next 4 months. But the phone keeps ringing, and they're charging me extra fees.

Unfortunately charges will come with being unable to meet the minimum requirements and that is unavoidable.

In the long term if you have difficulties with money you should seek advice from MABS.

www.mabs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

First, down load the budget sheet from the mabs website, fill it out.

Download the letter to creditors from the same site and send it to mbna ASAP. Include a copy of your budget and recent payslips etc as proof of your means.

Include you offer of €100 and a date when you think you will be able to review this. Ask for all interest and charges to be suspended, they dont have to do this but may do.

According to Mabs, the creditor can only contact you 3 times per calendar month.

Follow this guide:

http://www.mabs.ie/self-help-guide/

Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Triman111

If you want my opinion on MBNA, don't bother with them. I wanted to close an account with them and asked them in writing and they closed the account but because there was a debit balance on the account, they allowed the interest charges to accrue for three months after asking them to clsoe the account, need I say more.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Triman111 wrote: »
    If you want my opinion on MBNA, don't bother with them. I wanted to close an account with them and asked them in writing and they closed the account but because there was a debit balance on the account, they allowed the interest charges to accrue for three months after asking them to clsoe the account, need I say more.

You owed them money and you asked them to close the account. Did you offer to pay them the money you owed them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

I had the same issue with them last year, constant calls even though I was making the payments as agreed.

I've recently asked them for a copy or audio recording of agreement to payment protection, not a peep from them, am thinking going down the legal route to get back PP that I have no recollection of signing up for.

Hateful company to deal with, I cannot wait to close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Triman111

Hi Liam, thanks for your question, yes at the time I offered to pay the money due and they agreed and closed the account, but the charges kept coming. Intolerable. Finally sorted yesterday only after long insistence and much time. Stay away from this awful company folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Triman111 wrote: »
    Hi Liam, thanks for your question, yes at the time I offered to pay the money due and they agreed and closed the account, but the charges kept coming. Intolerable. Finally sorted yesterday only after long insistence and much time. Stay away from this awful company folks.

If you have a record that you paid off everything that you owed and they charged you after this, I hope they refunded you such charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't pull up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement