Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off Galway

Options
  • 02-12-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

So my missus was hungry and went out for a quick munch came back with this for 8.20 from one of the Kettle of Fish outlets:

Scampi & Chips
    op61jo.jpg

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Viidya

>kettle of fish

Theres your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Surely she should have complained there and then, what satisfaction will ye get from posting on here?

It's a measly portion, but I went to McDonagh's last week, got a gigantic portion for roughly the same price, and it was practically inedible.

EDIT: Don't see how this means that Galway as a whole is a rip-off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

hoody wrote: »
    Surely she should have complained there and then, what satisfaction will ye get from posting on here?

It's a measly portion, but I went to McDonagh's last week, got a gigantic portion for roughly the same price, and it was practically inedible.

EDIT: Don't see how this means that Galway as a whole is a rip-off either.
    "practically inedible." What do you mean?

Kettle of Chips in fairness have won numerous awards for there quality of food, (not the price) they do use better ingridents, then other fast food outlets! Go to McDonalds if you want cheap chips and nuggets.

However, Mc Donaghs, is AMAZING:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Do let the owner know. I had a nasty experience there that unfortunately soured me on the place - but in fairness the owners were apologetic and tried to make up for it. I've a feeling that it's one particular employee - if they're still there - doing a lot of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Their chips arent cooked in veg oil either :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

They are in Gort too

Do they still do the Mars bar in batter ? sounds really unhealthy. One for the fat tax in budget

try McDonaghs

Kettle of fish never had big portion sizes if thats what you were after, after a feed of pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jesus wept.
    8.20, and greasy scampi too by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

In fairness it does look like they nearly missed the box when they threw the chips in.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

inisboffin wrote: »
    I had a nasty experience there that unfortunately soured me on the place.

Me too - Never went back! - Seanie Fitz or Jack Fitz or whatever their called, where the aul butcher shop used to be at the bottom of shop street does great fish & chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Harry Fits isn't it? I find their chips are like cardboard, just really overdone (even with lashing of vinegar to soften them up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

inisboffin wrote: »
    Do let the owner know.
    This

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement