Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing UCC student

• 02-12-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Taken from collegeroad.ie facebook page:

A UCC Student is missing. His name is Caolan Mulrooney and he was last seen in the early hours of last night (1 December 2011).

If you have seen this student please contact Irlaith Kennedy on 085- 749-2398 or Anglesea Guards.

Details: 19 Years of Age, Tall, Brown Hair – Last seen outside Cubins nightclub.

392762_10150989802260471_244184210470_21803833_2139984369_n.jpg

Really hoping this has a happy ending.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

hope hes found...really sad to hear of a student going missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I hope he is found safe and well. I have put this on my Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Really hope he is found safe and well soon:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Feck, hope hes found safe :( We just had two seperate groups of students call to the door trying to talk to us. I'm assuming we'll get more as the night goes on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was just coming on to post this after seeing it on Facebook

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just saw this on facebook earlier too...hope the chap is found safe and well.

Lads search group is meeting at the lee rowing club at 10 am tomorrow if anybody is around to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Search continuing this morning. Please god he will be found.

There was a massive turnout for the search today. Starting again tomorrow at 10am from the lee rowing club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Saw him play hurling only a while back, hopefully he'll turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

One of the Coast Guard Helicopters is hovering over the City Center at the moment. Probably doing a more thorough search of the river and river banks.

Hogzy wrote: »
    One of the Coast Guard Helicopters is hovering over the City Center at the moment. Probably doing a more thorough search of the river and river banks.

Yea, its been hovering over my house for the past hour or so! It was around last night as well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hogzy wrote: »

They have one helicopter that is specially equipped to find bodies in rivers, was responsible for finding that person in Ballincollig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but they may have found him. As mentioned, the helicopter was overhead for an hour or so and as I was coming back from town, the search party seems to have stopped just down from the Beamish Brewery and Garda divers were suiting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

This whole thing is terrible. I hope they haven't found him in the river tbh...when I saw the pictures of him on FB a couple of days ago, I thought he was familiar...turns out he's friends with a load of girls who were in my year in school...he was at my debs and everything...it's so sad, and so surreal.

Byron85 wrote: »
    Not to be the bearer of bad news, but they may have found him. As mentioned, the helicopter was overhead for an hour or so and as I was coming back from town, the search party seems to have stopped just down from the Beamish Brewery and Garda divers were suiting up.

On the Quay?

Byron85 wrote: »

Might not necessarily be him - heard recently that there were about 10 or 15 bodies pulled from rivers in the last two weeks. Common enough occurance for them to be searching for one person and end up finding a couple of others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

They have one helicopter that is specially equipped to find bodies in rivers, was responsible for finding that person in Ballincollig

I think the heli picks up on body heat only, so I think the Ballincollig body was discovered by search and rescue.
    Hope he's found soon.

Edit...its still hovering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Might not necessarily be him - heard recently that there were about 10 or 15 bodies pulled from rivers in the last two weeks. Common enough occurance for them to be searching for one person and end up finding a couple of others

Sorry to go off-topic, but I've never heard that before:eek: How do we never hear about stuff like this? That's horrible:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

From the whole of Ireland? I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Sorry to go off-topic, but I've never heard that before:eek: How do we never hear about stuff like this? That's horrible:(

It happens quite often indeed. A lot of the time families class it as "accidental death" as opposed to suicide, so it never really makes the news. Not that all of them are suicides, but the rate is a lot higher than people realise. Anyway, don't want to get too much off topic.

omerin wrote: »
    From the whole of Ireland? I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Sadly not from the whole of Ireland - it was only in Cork

People don't hear about bodies getting pulled from the rivers - I heard it from a fire officer, because they have to go down if it is a body being pulled from a river, its the Gardai go if it is a death in any other case

_meehan_ wrote: »

As Byron said, its classed as accidental death - you would only hear about it if you were directly involved tbh.

Thats why there are so many being found, as there have been one or two searches in the past few weeks that we know of, including that man in Ballincollig, plus the river has been swollen

Whats even sadder is that afaik equipment being used to look in the river by boat was donated by the late Brian O Tuamas family, the young man who drowned around this time 2 years ago

Went for a wander round Beamish and O'Sullivans Quay. Just seems to be loads of people staring at the river. Didnt see any emergency personnel though and the copter seems to have moved over toward the Lough region!

UCCSU is asking ALL students located near St. Finbarr's Cathedral, Barrack Street and College Road to check their gardens, bushes and bins for Caolans phone. Especially students who have been away for the weekend. The phone is an LG cookie, see picture below. Any student who finds the phone should immediately contact the Gardaí!

380476_10150996754330471_244184210470_21828625_400260314_n.jpg

Phone was active in that area until five on Friday, so if you are looking, have a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

omerin wrote: »
    I think the heli picks up on body heat only, so I think the Ballincollig body was discovered by search and rescue.
    Hope he's found soon.

It does but they have the advantage of being above the water instead of looking along it, I'm pretty sure during the day the thermal camera(picks up body heat) can be used as a normal camera for searching.

I think searches stopped at 7pm tonight and start again at 10am tomorrow.

UCCSU is asking ALL students located near St. Finbarr's Cathedral, Barrack Street and College Road to check their gardens, bushes and bins for Caolans phone. Especially students who have been away for the weekend. The phone is an LG cookie, see picture below. Any student who finds the phone should immediately contact the Gardaí!

380476_10150996754330471_244184210470_21828625_400260314_n.jpg

Phone was active in that area until five on Friday, so if you are looking, have a good look!

Fairly important that people do it tonight or really early tomorrow as most of the bins around St.finbarrs cathedral/college road are collected tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Fairly important that people do it tonight or really early tomorrow as most of the bins around St.finbarrs cathedral/college road are collected tomorrow morning.

Checked ours and nadda. I hope everyone does check! Checked other bins around where I live as well and saw nothing either!

Has anyone heard anymore news? I went for a walk today and all the posters up are heart breaking :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement