Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Argos discounts for real? 50% off Mattress etc ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think the previous price has to be the advertised price for at least 30 consecutive days immediately prior to the discount.

Also as a chain retailer I believe they are allowed to use any price in any branch in this country as the reference price. For example if the mattress was advertised at €1126.99 in one branch in Cork but €700 in other branches then they can legally say the previous price was €1126.99.

[Edit]
    The 30 day thing is unlikely to be law. According to the NCA the guideline is that the old price should be on display for 28 days in the previous 3 months.
    [/Edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I must ask. Who in their right ****ing mind would buy a mattress without trying it out first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm skeptical about Argos price reductions too. I bought a few half price toys yesterday and noticed this product was advertised as 20% off in the toys booklet, but a different reduction here! Makes you wonder about their other price reductions.

Advertisement