Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What make up counter to have make up applied for a wedding?

• 03-12-2011 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a wedding next week and want to my have make up applied. Is there anywhere people would recommend in either Dundrum or Liffey Valley? I had it done in MAC before and really liked it (despite bad reports from some, the girl I got was really good) but they are booked unfortunately out so they are out of the equation.

Would be delighted to hear your recommendations ladies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Hi there

I have a wedding next week and want to my have make up applied. Is there anywhere people would recommend in either Dundrum or Liffey Valley? I had it done in MAC before and really liked it (despite bad reports from some, the girl I got was really good) but they are booked unfortunately out so they are out of the equation.

Would be delighted to hear your recommendations ladies :)

Bobbi Brown do really nice soft looks, what type of make up look are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Well I'm not really a fan of the au naturelle look but don't want to look like a drag queen either:D. Just maybe nice defined eyes and I like foundation with good coverage...Was thinking of trying Bobbi Brown alright - would you recommend them yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

Hey there, try BT2 or Brown Thomas, take a look at the assistants make up, Benefit could be funky and give good coverage....Make up Forever in Claredon Street is good too. Also spotted a new make up store (with lesssons) on Drury Street but no idea of shop. He's s a bloke if that helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Hey there, try BT2 or Brown Thomas, take a look at the assistants make up, Benefit could be funky and give good coverage....Make up Forever in Claredon Street is good too. Also spotted a new make up store (with lesssons) on Drury Street but no idea of shop. He's s a bloke if that helps..

Ken Boylan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Make up counters can be hit and miss with different brands and assistants. You might be better going in and seeing the kind of make up the girls are wearing themselves? I got my make up done by dior a few times with the same girl and its was gorgeous loved it felt really great got loads of compliments. She was one of the natural but much much better type girls. Went back another time and a girl who was caked in make up and eyeliner did my make over and i felt like an absolute street walker. I really felt horrible and like people were staring at the state of me ended up buying cleanser in boots and taking it off in the bathroom nearly crying. Estee lauder did my make up too and i felt i looked like an orange. I also got in done in Chanel it looked great at the time but about an hour later the shadows had creased and my foundation looked manky.

All of these are in Dundrum by the way. So i think you should think about what you actually want then see if anyone reflects that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

That inglot makeup is lovely, and the girls working there always have fab makeup, there's one in Liffey valley

Advertisement