Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance to reduce in budget - Will it drop the floor in private rental prop ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Newaglish wrote: »
    Was there a change to RA? I couldn't see any mention of it.
    Ra hasn't changed but apparently the local councils will be changing it. The only actual change in the budget is the amount the tenant pays has gone up. I think it is gone from €6 to €30 couldn't find it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Was there a change to RA? I couldn't see any mention of it.

There will be new limits applied in 2012 according to Minister Burton.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

singles now pay €30 instead of €24 , couples now pay €35 instead of €24

I grew up in a ****e neighbourhood , you could call it a welfare neighbourhood , and this middle/upper class idea that people on welfare procreate for commercial gain is stupid , people like this have loads of kids because they they are ignorant , because they know no better, very few have an extra kid for an extra €20 a week , and many that I know are stuck tenfold kids because abortion is not an option in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Slasher78

Getting off the point.....I worked since i was fifteen..... 18 years later I am made redundant.....Get on a course that will allow me to go to college......

But I CANNOT get rent allowance as the government has deemed you can only have a place that costs 529 euro..... I have paid my taxes to this land for years...... now if I want to got to college..... I have to become a criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Slasher78 wrote: »
    Getting off the point.....I worked since i was fifteen..... 18 years later I am made redundant.....Get on a course that will allow me to go to college......

But I CANNOT get rent allowance as the government has deemed you can only have a place that costs 529 euro..... I have paid my taxes to this land for years...... now if I want to got to college..... I have to become a criminal

Are you telling me you can't find somewhere for €529 per month? I think you might want to spend a little more time on Daft before you switch to a life of crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Are you telling me you can't find somewhere for €529 per month? I think you might want to spend a little more time on Daft before you switch to a life of crime.

I think he is more annoyed that the allowance won't let him rent a good one bedroom apartment or better to himself where he wants. Ironically because the rental prices are propped up by rent allowance.

Rent a studio apartment or house share. Like the rest of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

I think he is more annoyed that the allowance won't let him rent a good one bedroom apartment or better to himself where he wants. Ironically because the rental prices are propped up by rent allowance.

Rent a studio apartment or house share. Like the rest of us do.

The key point to all the whingers tbf!

Advertisement