Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Meteor Phone so that it can be used on any Network?

Options
  • 03-12-2011 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

If someone buys a new Prepay Phone and wants to change Networks can they just ring Meteor for the Unlocking Code?

Do Meteor have to give it?

Does anyone know the name of the Program the Internet Shops use for Unlocking Phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They will want you to spend €150 in topup first. Depending what phone it I you can get it unlocked yourself for cheap enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Thanks Davy, do you know the name of the Unlocking Program by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at www.fastgsm.com

Have a look at www.fastgsm.com
    Did you try that Program Kristopherus?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

My sister has trouble unlocking her phone with meteor. She has the phone a year so has spent all the credit required. She went into the meteor store, they said she would have to phone the meteor customer care number. The first time she phoned the call dropped after being on hold for ages. She has just spent 40 mins on the phone to meteor now again. The staff member said that she didn't know how to unlock her htc phone (which she bought from meteor) and asked around and none of the other staff could unlock it either. She then said she would research how to do it if my sister didnt mind holding. Then after doing all her research she informed my sister that she was not able to unlock the phone! She just got off the phone now and the woman eventually said that she would have to call into a store to get it unlocked.

• Advertisement

Did you try that Program Kristopherus?
    Yea, I got a Samsung Europa unlocked by them. It was locked to Three.

Yea, I got a Samsung Europa unlocked by them. It was locked to Three.
    Is it free to use?

Is it free to use?

No. $20 (US). Well worth it IMO. Cuts out all the possible hassle and it will be done via email in 30 to 40 mins.

Advertisement