Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe in Smithfield

• 03-12-2011 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

The menu advertised 'egg, bacon,toast' the so called bacon closely resembled the old photographic negatives in size and thickness,with the lean inseperable from the copious fat. To call it bacon was false adverstising. Does anyone know the name so I can send a letter of complaint? was near the luas stop. Expensive too and unfriendly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Why didn't you complain before you paid?

Bacon comes in lots of forms. Some people like streaky bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How were the eggs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I paid before I received and got a call in the middle of the meal and left, The so called bacon was as thin as paper and at least half fat. The scrambled egg was ok. I'll look up their name on line and send them a complaint. Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Freiheit wrote: »
    ... I'll look up their name on line and send them a complaint. Terrible.

Probably a waste of time: the best time for complaining is gone.

If people generally feel as you do about the value given, the business will not survive. If the business survives, then either your view is a minority one, or you experienced bad luck on a particular order.

[You didn't tell us how much you paid; that should relate to the quality of what was served to you.]

Advertisement