Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on the Telstra mobile network?

Options
  • 03-12-2011 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I've been texting been people in Ireland, the UK and Africa over the past few weeks but have only just discovered none of them have received any of the messages! :eek:

I have just texted my own Irish and UK mobiles and although my Aus phone says "message sent successfully" they were not received. :( I can receive international texts allright, it's the ones I send that aren't being delivered.

I've been trying to get some sense out of Telstra today but 5 calls later and I have to wait 5 working days for them to investigate further. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else on Telstra having the same problem? And if so, were you able to resolve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

In regards to Irish messages I presume you are using the +353 code instead of the initial 0....so a number would read +353851111111 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sirsok wrote: »
    In regards to Irish messages I presume you are using the +353 code instead of the initial 0....so a number would read +353851111111 for example

Thanks for that! :)

Just tried texting my own Irish mobile and dropped the +11 and it worked. :D

Telstra told me yesterday to use +11 353 871111111. In fact that's what they told me months ago when I first got the phone.

Bloody hell though, all those texts not delivered due to Telstra and their shoddy call centre advice. They are very similar to and even worse than BT in the UK. I wonder if they in any way affiliated.

Advertisement