Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to cut your own Christmas tree....legally!

Options
  • 03-12-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

It seems all the tree cutting places I can find online are up near Wicklow or Dublin. Anyone know of a place to go choose your tree and cut it yourself near waterford? Mind you, legally. I'd rather not be running from the gardai 5 months pregnant with a toddler in tow into a Hi-ace van.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I wouldn't mind knowing myself.

There's Caplice's in Skeheenarinky in Tipperary, between Cahir and Mitchelstown but it's a bit of a trek for a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Anywhere around Dublin or outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

:Dif you go out by waterford airport in the night time with balaclava on head and bushman saw in hand,
    im getting mine out there for the last 3 years:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

place in monvoy in tramore think they do it there just on the main road

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

TonyFella wrote: »
    Anywhere around Dublin or outside?

http://www.christmastreefarm.ie/trees.php

Killakee Road, Dublin 16 (near The Hell Fire Club)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

yeah you can pick whatever tree you want but you have to pay for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

tried this place yesterday and met a guy who didn't speak English so he called someone else. The friend said at first they didn't sell trees to the public, but then changed his tune. DH was a little skeptical so he passed plus the trees were a little Charlie Brown-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

:Dif you go out by waterford airport in the night time with balaclava on head and bushman saw in hand,
    im getting mine out there for the last 3 years:D

So you are a robbing thief, some farmer probably has those planted as part of his retirement fund.

Max Powers wrote: »
    So you are a robbing thief, some farmer probably has those planted as part of his retirement fund.

do you mean some POOR farmer :D
    im broke and cant afford to buy one, so feck the farmers and there retirement fund.

do you mean some POOR farmer :D
    im broke and cant afford to buy one, so feck the farmers and there retirement fund.

bringing the ignorance quotient up a few points on this forum single-handedly and no doubt in public also. The increase in ignorance is usually inversely correlated to intelligence....admitting that you thief your Xmas tree could see your details submitted to the Gardai. Did you think about that Pig.

• Advertisement

bringing the ignorance quotient up a few points on this forum single-handedly and no doubt in public also. The increase in ignorance is usually inversely correlated to intelligence....admitting that you thief your Xmas tree could see your details submitted to the Gardai. Did you think about that Pig.

a shut up ya big boring dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

that'll do pig.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Banned - Personal Abuse isn't welcome on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

this is fine sully? but calling somebody a boring dope is classed as abuse? seems bit strange in fairness

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

alphapa wrote: »
    this is fine sully? but calling somebody a boring dope is classed as abuse? seems bit strange in fairness

Abuse / Insulting same thing. In general, the policy on Boards is "Attack the Post, and not the Poster".

alphapa wrote: »

My comments were I agree a bit strong and (as the proverbial footballer caught with his pants down says) i apologise for bringing the site into disrepute. In my defence boasting about breaking the law and stealing from others makes my blood boil

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lendaredev

moonvoy in tramore

Advertisement