Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Underlay Main concern is Acoustics, Is it worth it?

• 03-12-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Carpet Underlay Effective Sound Barrier or not really
    Hi am getting carpet This Particular carpet does not require underlay . I know it gives extra comfort underfoot and helps with heat insulation but my main concern is its acoustic properties. Is it worth the premium for its acoustic properties only? A lot of sound transfers from the down stairs to upstairs and vice versa (wooden Floors Upstairs)
    The carpet i Ordered does not need actually need underlay but if it helps with sound dampening I would spend the extra few hundred euro. ANyone had any experience with same? The underlay is about 10mm.
    Strangley enough a different carpet supplier that i got a quote from said underlay can add to it wearing sooner than it should becuase of the extra movement the carpet undergoes?! Never heard of that before
    Any thoughts?

Advertisement