Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scruffy buildings in waterford that should be flattened to the ground

Options
  • 03-12-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

just walking round the town this morning and tis a disgrace the amount of sh1tty ugly buildings that are still standing....
    a few to mention....

o briens on stephen street
    the old stand
    all the buildings from revelution up to the usa stores
    sinnotts next door to mulldoons
    and many many more along the quay,

do you think the council should have the power to flatten them if the owners are neglecting them ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You want Coney Island, the barbers, Hillbilly's, Geoffs, Shortt's, Crystal and more all flattened to the ground?

Feck off they aren't neglected.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Reginalds Tower,been an eyesore for as long as i can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

You want Coney Island, the barbers, Hillbilly's, Geoffs, Shortt's, Crystal and more all flattened to the ground?

Feck off they aren't neglected.

the buildings above most of them places are a disgrace.

they should have knocked that thing into the river years ago and that other thing on the top of castle street

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

We should knock the city walls and put up more apartments. If the Celtic Tiger taught us anything, it's that we can always use more apartments... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

We should knock the city walls and reginalds tower and all other useless structures that are a massive drain on city funds.Then we could use the rubble to build a toll less bridge across the river,better idea then a cable car.Not too sure about more appartments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Have to agree with the OP, the council should have the power to knock any building where they don't like the colour of the paint also.

Also, scruffy looking people should be kept in the ard rí between the hours of 6pm and 6am in order to keep the town looking tidy for any visitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Hotel Inexpensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

Is there any plans with Jurys on the hill? It seems more money has gone into it to try and keep people out than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

and dont forget about that certain scruffy building on the corner junction of the mall and catherines street that shall not be named for legality reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

just walking round the town this morning and tis a disgrace the amount of sh1tty ugly buildings that are still standing....
    a few to mention....

o briens on stephen street
    the old stand
    all the buildings from revelution up to the usa stores
    sinnotts next door to mulldoons
    and many many more along the quay,

do you think the council should have the power to flatten them if the owners are neglecting them ????

Is that you Brendan Mc Cant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Max Powers wrote: »
    Is that you Brendan Mc Cant:D

Sinnots does look neglected in all seriousness though

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

the buildings above most of them places are a disgrace.

Not many people look up above shopfronts tbh. They don't need knocking down, they need painting and re-guttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Maybe not knocked down completely, but Madigan's looks fucking awful. It really needs tidying up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I reckon we could do with a Monorail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

the de la salle center...what a waste along with other buildings like the old cinema and the former besco's.
    i wonder just how many unoccupied buildings there are in the city center?and the amount of money the council are losing in rates etc?
    our city center is in real danger of becoming pretty much a ghost town soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I don't know about knocking stuff, but a lot of the place on John St could do with a serious paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

You could suggest public works schemes to give people out of work something to do and give them some work experience while making the city look nicer but you'll more than likely get your head ripped off if you suggest something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

dayshah wrote: »
    I don't know about knocking stuff, but a lot of the place on John St could do with a serious paint job.

It should a by law that all commercial properties are kept clean and tidy with paint that is not faded or chipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ya think we have it bad i drive through new ross everyday with work and there,s a hill in new ross up through the centre of town and nearly every shop on it is closed down and i,d say it,s like this with years

• Advertisement

and dont forget about that certain scruffy building on the corner junction of the mall and catherines street that shall not be named for legality reasons

the mary land ? that is one scruffy looking horribal building.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

Here's a small thing: when they put in the glass flood barriers along the Quays, they never bothered to stain or varnish the wooden handrails along the top. I noticed they're already cracking from the sun and looking quite shabby.

I'd do it for them for free if they wanted.

Here's a small thing: when they put in the glass flood barriers along the Quays, they never bothered to stain or varnish the wooden handrails along the top. I noticed they're already cracking from the sun and looking quite shabby.

I'd do it for them for free if they wanted.

fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

ya think we have it bad i drive through new ross everyday with work and there,s a hill in new ross up through the centre of town and nearly every shop on it is closed down and i,d say it,s like this with years

Leave mary street alone!

only us Rossonians are allowed to give out about it, or put it in a music video if you're maverick sabre...

http://youtu.be/GZNtticFI60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Junior wrote: »
    I reckon we could do with a Monorail ?

Did you say Monorail?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

the mary land ? that is one scruffy looking horribal building.

Have you looked at it lately? It's a lot better than it was. It at least seems to have been repainted. The main problem is that awful awful sign over the door in those big seventies letters. It actually looks dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

You gotta be French.....LMFAO!

kryogen wrote: »
    Did you say Monorail?

i know a song about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Where else can you flatten something to? is there a choice? this won't harm any unicorns will it? remember Railway square!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i say flatten waterford alltogether it's a kip up the Dubs

Advertisement