Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Truffles

Options
  • 03-12-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I made a batch of home made chocolate truffles the other day using butter, cream and chocolate and they came out fantastic. I tried to make a second batch with double the recipe to have more. However even though I left the mixture in the fridge overnight this time they haven't set. I've obviously gotten some the measurements wrong. Is there any way I can redeem this batch? if I heat the mixture and add more chocolate will it set better? Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I would imagine that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Sorry Truley, I had replied to this before but I dunno where my post is gone?!

How runny is the mix? If its still pretty wet then I would chance adding more chocolate, but melt the chocolate and add to the cool mix and then refrigerate again rather than reheating the entire thing. If it's quite thick and not too runny then it might just be a matter of dividing the mix into two shallow dishes and leaving to set-there might be too much mixture at the moment for it to properly set.

Advertisement