Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man feeds live kitten to Burmese Python

• 03-12-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭

There are some really sick people on this planet, sometimes it would almost make you ashamed to be human.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3976106/Catch-the-sicko-who-fed-a-kitten-to-a-python.html

A TWISTED pet owner was being hunted last night over a vile "Christmas video" of him feeding a playful kitten to a PYTHON.
    The monster — in his 20s — callously places the cuddly bundle of fur called Jasmine into a Santa hat to carry her to her doom in a bedroom.

The kitten is seen in the warped internet video being put on to the bed — which she gingerly begins to walk across.

Wary of the yellow Burmese python half-hidden under a pillow, the kitten keeps her distance — so the man deliberately distracts her until she turns her back on the lurking menace.

Then the python pounces, instantly coiling around the cat in a death grip.

Once the kitten's tail stops flapping the snake swallows her whole — head first.

The crushed kitten's cries of agony as the life is squeezed out of her are drowned out by the strains of Christmas song Little Drummer Boy.

Chillingly, a footnote to the seven-minute footage — entitled "Python Christmas" — promises more "feeding videos". It was posted on a site called Flix from an account registered in Islington, North London.

The RSPCA last night asked Sun readers to help them track down the individual behind the "sickening" clip.

He faces six months' jail and a £20,000 fine for causing unnecessary suffering under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

Among the few clues to the lout's identity are that he is a fan of the Disney film Aladdin. Images and songs from the movie have been posted on his YouTube site.

An RSPCA spokeswoman said: "There is no excuse for feeding a live cat to a python."

Vet Pete Wedderburn said: "The kitten is probably no older than four months. It has no hiding place and can't get away.

"These are the actions of a sadistic human being."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Bad form, but technically isn't the kitten dead when the python starts eating it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Sick, Sick, Fu*ks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Would it be as 'horrific' if it was a live rat.
    We eat animals that spend their lives in cages. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Almost as bad as eating Turkey for Christmas dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I know we keep cats as pets, and we have empathy for them, but in terms of a developed brain and the ability to feel pain, fear and suffer is there really much difference between a 4 month old kitten and a 4 month old rat?

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's a video I'd want to watch, but logically if we're happy with live mammals being fed to snakes does it really matter which ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Live feed of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I knew we'd be greeted with comments like this.

You think its ok for anyone to post a video on youtube of his pet burmese python killing a live kitten which are widely kept as pets in houses across the country.

The fact he brought the kitten into the bedroom in a christmas stocking shows the sick nature of this person.

If you think theses actions are perfectly ok, you my friend have issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think the issue hee is that the video was uploaded and filmed for entertainment. People Eat pigs but I wouldn't want to see a Christmas video of a man playing with a pig before killing it and eating it for my entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Riamfada wrote: »
    I think the issue hee is that the video was uploaded and filmed for entertainment. People Eat pigs but I wouldn't want to see a Christmas video of a man playing with a pig before killing it and eating it for my entertainment.

Why? Does it ruin the illusion for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

This is a job for 4chan

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

OMG! Thats so ****ing cruel,I hope they catch the person for this and How can people be so cruel to animals?seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

The fact of the matter is that OP is a feline furry.
    Whats weirder about feeding a cat to a python than feeding a cat canned meat that spent its entire life in food factories or a letting it catch a mouse.

Mice and rats are both common enough pets but no one would bate an eyelid at a python or cat killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

pockets3d wrote: »
    Whats weirder about feeding a cat to a python than feeding a cat canned meat that spent its entire life in food factories or a letting it catch a mouse.

Mice and rats are both common enough pets but no one would bate an eyelid at a python or cat killing them.

Incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

The guy looks younger than 20s to me.

That is sickening. Absolutely sickening thing to do. I hope they get the sick freak.

Incorrect.

[citation needed]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

People that torture animals like this are usually the ones that progress to peeping toms, rape and serial killing. Well so criminal minds has thought me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I knew we'd be greeted with comments like this.

You think its ok for anyone to post a video on youtube of his pet burmese python killing a live kitten which are widely kept as pets in houses across the country.

The fact he brought the kitten into the bedroom in a christmas stocking shows the sick nature of this person.

If you think theses actions are perfectly ok, you my friend have issues.

Gesh :rolleyes:.Where exactly did I say it was okay? I'm a vegetarian. I'm just pointing out the utter hypocrisy of some people. Condemning animal cruelty with one hand while eating a mc chicken burger in the other. Gob****e.

Ah come on, there's a huge difference in just feeding a snake a rat or mouse and feeding it a domesticated house cat.

Whats sick is that, the person did this for ENTERTAINMENT!! And its a very very safe assumption to make that the kitten was used because it would get more of a reaction. Thats both cruel AND unnecessary!!

Whats worse is they promised more videos, if they are starting with kittens where will they progress to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We should feed all carnivorous like snakes and lions quorn and Linda Mccartney burgers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

The fact he playfully rubs the kitten and kisses it, etc. giving the kitten a false sense of safety is sickening. Then deliberately distracts the kitten so the snake can attack.

This sort of thing is sadistic to say the least. Video is on LiveLeak.

I'm sure 4chan will get this cúnt.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Why? Does it ruin the illusion for you?

No, not at all. I'm just not as sadistic as some people, strange you had to have that explained. Do you see nothing wrong with the video?

If they got the bin cat lady they will get this guy. Also why the **** would you keep a python as a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

brimal wrote: »

I'm sure 4chan will get this cúnt.

And order pizza to his house as a prank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

YouTube is FILLED with videos of people feeding live prey to snakes and reptiles. A kitten really is no different to the animal getting its dinner, but for entertainment it really isnt very nice, especially to cat lovers. There are too many sickos out there doing things like this to get a kick.

cassi wrote: »
    Ah come on, there's a huge difference in just feeding a snake a rat or mouse and feeding it a domesticated house cat.

Whats sick is that, the person did this for ENTERTAINMENT!! And its a very very safe assumption to make that the kitten was used because it would get more of a reaction. Thats both cruel AND unnecessary!!

Whats worse is they promised more videos, if they are starting with kittens where will they progress to.

as if every person that owns a snake or goes to the zoo isn't entertained by the gruesome feeding habits of nature.

The guy with the cat was just bringing this fascination to its logical conclusion in order to gain attention from pussys(excuse the pun) like yourselves. You are in fact giving him everything he wants by being shocked by this, making him feel special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

poor darling :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Oh for fucks sake why are people such cunts?

Hope he rots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

People feed all sorts of things to pythons as treats, usually rabbits etc. maybe he had an excess of kittens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I eat meat and don't generally give it a second thought. It would be a bit hypocritical of me to be internet forum "outraged" by this.

Fair enough, he shouldn't have filmed it for entertainment purposes but the python has to eat too. Why does it matter which kind of animal it is? Aren't they all equal or does an animals cuteness define it's worth?

Aren't they all equal or does an animals cuteness define it's worth?

Haven't you seen/read animal farm? http://ykyuen.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/all_animals_are_equal_but_some_animals_are_more_equal_than_others.jpg

as if every person that owns a snake or goes to the zoo isn't entertained by the gruesome feeding habits of nature.

The guy with the cat was just bringing this fascination to its logical conclusion in order to gain attention from pussys(excuse the pun) like yourselves. You are in fact giving him everything he wants by being shocked by this, making him feel special.

No, not everyone that owns a snake or goes to the zoo is interested in seeing feeding. Also this is NOT nature, its a guys bedroom. At least in the wild the prey is givin a chance, this kitten was literally handed to the snake.

I also fail to see how feeding a kitten to a snake brings a logical conclusion to anything. :confused:

Do you really think the guy made the video for the benefit of people that are horrified by it?? No he made it for other people that would find it entertaining.

Also if being sickened by some weirdo feeding a defenseless animal to a snake for fun makes me a "pussy" than im absoluetly fine with that!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sick sick sick bastard,he should get his balls chopped off for being so cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I got here late!

Are we complaining because the kitten was live?

Or that it was a kitten?

Or that the snake ate it?

Or that it was a snake?

Or that some random faciltated the snakes natural prey instinct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Fcuking dirtbird, deserves to have his fingernails pulled off with pliers in addition to that sentence:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

The problem is that this was filmed, right? Not that he did it? Or are people getting wound up about a "man feeds predator it's natural prey shocker". They eat dog in some countries....it's not a reach to say that cute little pussy cats are eaten in sone countries too! Who knows what's on your skewer in a Bangkok street market!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

id be suprised if anything happens to him, if he gets done for feeding a kitten o a snake, why shouldnt people who feed mice to them be done... wont watch the vid not my thing really but really people need to come back down to reality here

Fcuking dirtbird, deserves to have his fingernails pulled off with pliers in addition to that sentence:mad:
    Sick sick sick bastard,he should get his balls chopped off for being so cruel.

No, no, no, no, no you can't feed one animal to another but it's alright to cut off someones balls and pull their fingernails out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I don't enjoy seeing snakes being fed mice, rats or any other rodent :( So hearing about this is sad. I'm not a huge meat eater either so all in all not a fan of the eating of animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

What's the difference? That a kitten is furry and cute? That you like kittens perhaps, and not so much mice or rats? I'm pretty certain that a pet mouse or rat has as much nerve nerve endings and capacity for fear and dread under their skin, as a fluffy little kitten has under its skin.

So you're not outraged so much by him feeding the kitten to the snake, but rather that he chose to record it?

Maybe cute rabbits? Perhaps guinea pigs? Maybe he'll do the decent thing and just go back to feeding live mice and rats to his snake, and that way everyone will be happy because no young mammals will be killed in such a horrific way. Er, wait...
    At least in the wild the prey is givin a chance, this kitten was literally handed to the snake.

So are rats and mice, and yet only the likes of PETA would complain about that. And they'd probably be mocked for doing so, but at least they're consistent.
    I also fail to see how feeding a kitten to a snake brings a logical conclusion to anything. :confused:
    A logical conclusion to the snake's hunger perhaps? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Guill wrote: »
    I got here late!

Are we complaining because the kitten was live?

Or that it was a kitten?

Or that the snake ate it?

Or that it was a snake?

Or that some random faciltated the snakes natural prey instinct?

You're just disappointed that is wasn't a a clip of a human eating another human! :p

A rats brain is closer to a humans than a cats, hence why they're studied in laboratories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it was a rat, nobody would care. Snakes eat live things.

That said, I don't want to even talk to somebody who enjoys doing that and filming it for entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Kittens are cute though.

It's just like people, only the good looking should have rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I agree. People have a huge double standard when it comes to animals; it's ok to feed rats to snakes, but not cats. It's ok to eat pigs, but not dogs, even though pigs are smarter. It's ok to eat chickens but not peacocks. People's opinions are hugely swayed by how pretty the animal is.
    pH wrote: »
    I know we keep cats as pets, and we have empathy for them, but in terms of a developed brain and the ability to feel pain, fear and suffer is there really much difference between a 4 month old kitten and a 4 month old rat?
    A 4month old rat would be basically an adult, so a lot more developed, relatively, than a kitten. The difference between a 17 year old and a 3 year old.
    MiseryCat wrote: »
    OMG! Thats so ****ing cruel,I hope they catch the person for this and How can people be so cruel to animals?seriously!
    Should he let the snake starve to death? Wouldn't that be cruel? Is it ok to be cruel to ugly or scary animals?
    What's the difference? One is a mammal, the other is a mammal. One is intelligent, the other is intelligent. Be honest; the only difference is that rats are 'ugly' whereas cats are 'cute'.
    Whats sick is that, the person did this for ENTERTAINMENT!!
    He did it to feed his pet. Do you have pets? Do you stay up all night heartbroken about the little baa-lambs and chick-chicks that get slaughtered for their dinner?
    And its a very very safe assumption to make that the kitten was used because it would get more of a reaction. Thats both cruel AND unnecessary!!
    Actually, I'd say he used a kitten because that's how much meat the snake needed. Why kill two rats when you can kill one cat? Surely it's better to end one life than two?
    The elderly, I guess, or babies. :rolleyes:
    No, no, no, no, no you can't feed one animal to another but it's alright to cut off someones balls and pull their fingernails out.
    +1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Most responsible snake owners feed frozen/thawed and only frozen/thawed...idiots trying to show off feed live in order to provoke a reaction.

Feed items are euthanised in a humane way and then frozen for snake owners to purchase whether that be mice,rats,gerbils,hamsters,guinea pigs,rabbits.

On one occasion Ive had to feed live with a particular python that wouldnt eat.Live feeding in that case was required and I sought a vets opinion before doing so--it was a case of feed a live mouse or loose a 500+ euro snake.

Once the snake fed once on live food it started to eat frozen/thawed and continued to do so.

The sick **** that posted that video is NOT a responsible snake owner and some users here shouldnt tar all snake owners wuth the one brush.Hes an idiot that should be jailed.

A kitten in my opinion is not a feed item for a snake--there are enough feed items available to buy without having to resort to feeding a kitten.

Hes a sick fook and should be hunted down and jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

When people lack empathy, they can do anything.:rolleyes:

There was an article in the UK papers a few days ago about people maiming and killing their pets just to fiddle the insurance.

http://money.aol.co.uk/2011/11/15/owners-maim-or-kill-pets-for-cash/

Evil fücks!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Kudos to the RSPCA and the Sun for standing up for what's right. Society needs to be protected from the likes of this cutthroat.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Most responsible snake owners feed frozen/thawed and only frozen/thawed...idiots trying to show off feed live in order to provoke a reaction.

Feed items are euthanised in a humane way and then frozen for snake owners to purchase whether that be mice,rats,gerbils,hamsters,guinea pigs,rabbits.

On one occasion Ive had to feed live with a particular python that wouldnt eat.Live feeding in that case was required and I sought a vets opinion before doing so--it was a case of feed a live mouse or loose a 500+ euro snake.

Once the snake fed once on live food it started to eat frozen/thawed and continued to do so.

The sick **** that posted that video is NOT a responsible snake owner and some users here shouldnt tar all snake owners wuth the one brush.Hes an idiot that should be jailed.

A kitten in my opinion is not a feed item for a snake--there are enough feed items available to buy without having to resort to feeding a kitten.

Hes a sick fook and should be hunted down and jailed.

Ridiculous.

kylith wrote: »

What's the difference? One is a mammal, the other is a mammal. One is intelligent, the other is intelligent. Be honest; the only difference is that rats are 'ugly' whereas cats are 'cute'.

He did it to feed his pet. Do you have pets? Do you stay up all night heartbroken about the little baa-lambs and chick-chicks that get slaughtered for their dinner?

Actually, I'd say he used a kitten because that's how much meat the snake needed. Why kill two rats when you can kill one cat? Surely it's better to end one life than two?

The elderly, I guess, or babies. :rolleyes:
    +1

SERIOUSLY!! Have you actually watched the video or read the article??!!

The difference and im talking in the case of the video he made not feeding in general, is that he used a PET kitten and not a wild rodent.

He put the cat in a santa hat, put it on the bed where he had hidden the snake and then distracted the cat when it went into defensive mode after spotting the snake!! If you think thats the normal feeding habits of snake owners then you've just insulted alot of decent people.

It had nothing to do with the snakes hunger or the amount of meat needed, he didnt for entertainment, its plain as day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement