Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man feeds live kitten to Burmese Python

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Kasabian wrote: »
    I hate snakes, not too fond of kittens either but I really fcuking hate sad little pricks like the guy that filmed and posted this video. IMO this little sh!te is on a path to gratuating to much more sinister things.

The whole debate on the feeding of the python is very much secondary to the fact someone gets his kicks posting this on the internet.

A "blame the camera" type argument? Not too bothered by the actual events but outraged that someone would film them? No one forced this video down anyone's throat - I haven't seen it because watching a kitten being killed by a snake is not something I personally want to watch - those who watched it solely to be "outraged" and "disgusted" amuse me slightly.

Reminds me of the "outcry" about bow-hunting videos a while ago, animals being killed by red-necks with bows = OK and perfectly legal, but filming it and selling a video of the same thing = massive indignation and outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm on the "only because it's cute" side in this.

Obviously the dude is a demented freak who will no doubt go on to kill bigger and better things and end up on the news again. Based purely on the pageantry and entertainment he's associating with the whole feeding ritual.

But I really doubt there'd be this much outrage if he did the exact same thing with a rat.

There's no difference whatsoever, other than people's instincts are 'kitten = cute, rat = not cute/diseased'.

People can be forgiven for having emotional reactions to things, and I certainly would also find it more instinctively distasteful to see a kitten being eaten than a rat. But when people get indignant about it, and try to argue that there's some distinction between the two, then it gets a bit annoying.

Fair enough if you accept that it's an emotional response instead of a rational one. But you're allowed to think things through beyond emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

eh, no, the cat is dead because he fed the cat to the snake!!
    The description of the video is enough for me,thanks, I reckon that people are choosing to attempt to defend the indefensible out of a contrarian attitude rather than any deeply held belief that it is ok to cuddle a kitten, and then feed it to a snake..oh and by the way, who did the kitten belong to in the first place??

daithi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

daithi1970 wrote: »
    eh, no, the cat is dead because he fed the cat to the snake!!
    The description of the video is enough for me,thanks, I reckon that people are choosing to attempt to defend the indefensible out of a contrarian attitude rather than any deeply held belief that it is ok to cuddle a kitten, and then feed it to a snake..oh and by the way, who did the kitten belong to in the first place??

daithi

so its not ok to cuddle with a cute pig then slit its throat and it eat for dinner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

In response to the "Hypocrites!" comments - I think humans are generally more upset by the thought of cats or dogs being injured because they feel, I suppose, more responsibility towards those two particular animals, because we've had such a historically symbiotic relationship. Humans chose to domesticate cats and dogs, and both played such an important part in human development either as hunting aids, guard animals or pest controllers. Humans have bonded with them in a way that they just haven't with other animals (with, perhaps, the exception of horses), so of course cruelty to cats or dogs is more upsetting to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Poor little mite, pets are one of the family, you wouldn't put your 4 month old baby down to be eaten by another member of the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

People that torture animals like this are usually the ones that progress to peeping toms, rape and serial killing. Well so criminal minds has thought me.

That is jumping the gun a tad too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Poor little mite, pets are one of the family, you wouldn't put your 4 month old baby down to be eaten by another member of the family.
    Are you comparing a kitten to a baby?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. The pet in this case was the snake which was not fed to anything:confused:

Dudess wrote: »
    Comparing the snake to a baby or comparing a baby to a pet. Whacky post!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Now thread is just stupid.

Get this motha****in' snake thread off my motha****in' forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

what I would like to do, is find this ballsack and feed him whilst he is alive to a starving big bear!.. eye for an eye!

CamperMan wrote: »
    what I would like to do, is find this ballsack and feed him whilst he is alive to a starving big bear!.. eye for an eye!
    Yes. That would teach him not to be a psycho alright:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kylith wrote: »
    It wan't necessary, but something was going to be fed to the snake and if it wasn't the kitten it'd be something else so I don't see what's to get bent out of shape about. As I said; thousands of rats and mice are fed to snakes and I don't hear anyone yelling about the poor defenseless little creatures.

All this guy did was film it in a tasteless way and put it on the internet. Whether he'd filmed it or not the cat was going to be just as dead.

Tasteless? That's beyond tasteless - that's a sadistic, disgusting human being, and the argument regarding a snakes diet is irrelevant to the most disturbing aspect to that clip - that someone went to such lengths to lull a kitten into a false sense of security and greatly emphasize the kittens status as a domesticated, and seemingly beloved pet by putting it in a stocking and kissing it - and then feed it to a snake for his own enjoyment. No-one ever said they're indifferent to the potential plights of mice/rats/any other of a million and one animals that perish each and every day as a result of nature taking a course, that was never an issue. Feeding a live kitten to a pet snake in such a manner - as that conducted in the video - is not natures course, it's a sick individual who is clearly somewhat disturbed and took great enjoyment in acting out a scenario that he deemed would cause the greatest emotional reaction possible. Plenty of frozen food is available for snakes, there is no reason to feed it a live kitten. And even regarding live food, and stupid comments like feeding at zoos, I don't really think one would see zoo-keepers kissing and cuddling said food sources and wrapping them in festive bows before coaxing them into the mouths of relevant predator. No-ones arguing natures course, or the food chain, or that snakes are bad. But the manner in which this sick individual went about this, is beyond defense and in my opinion he deserves severe punishment. If I read a story about a snake eating a kitten as a simple occurrence of nature, it wouldn't even phase me 10% of what the nature of this story does.

The issue here is more so the individual and how he orchestrated this, not the snake, not the kitten, not the food chain, not what snakes usually eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

pH wrote: »
    A "blame the camera" type argument? Not too bothered by the actual events but outraged that someone would film them?
    No? People are actually bothered by the event. The filming is another nasty dimension to it though.
    No one forced this video down anyone's throat
    So?
    I haven't seen it because watching a kitten being killed by a snake is not something I personally want to watch - those who watched it solely to be "outraged" and "disgusted" amuse me slightly.
    I haven't watched it but it's enough to be aware of what it contains.
    Arrogant to be dismissive of people's emotional responses when they're not advocating harm of others - and to tell them how they should/shouldn't feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

No, no, no, no, no you can't feed one animal to another but it's alright to cut off someones balls and pull their fingernails out.
    If this was in the wilderness, then it's natural order, and therefore wouldnt even be mentioned by anyone. This was a sadistic act by a man without any remorse upon a defenseless kitten...probably gets his jollies from it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

+1 to TerrorFirmer's post - it is the overall context in which this was done that is so disgusting.

Dyin's too good for this piece of **** in my opinion, I believe he well deserves some form of severe life-altering punishment - personaly if I could I would have him bathed in a sea of agony for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm saying pets are one of the family. You wouldnt let one member of the family kill another. Not if you were sane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I just watched the video and got a silence of the lambs/buffalo billish vibe off it. The lad defiantly needs psychiatric assessment IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I feel sorry for the snake, wouldnt surprise me if some asshole finds out where its kept and kills it, or the sun calls for the "vicious" (even though burmese pythons are generally very docile pets) snake to be captured, it'd be better to have it taken away from the owner though and put into a zoo or given to a more careful owner. Snake owners feed pre-killed food to their pets a lot, as eating live food can injure the snake.

Can't agree with feeding a kitten to it though, its not part of its natural diet and the way the cat was lured into being eaten was clearly just done for kicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Thats a rather hairy video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

talkinyite wrote: »
    I just watched the video and got a silence of the lambs/buffalo billish vibe off it. The lad defiantly needs psychiatric assessment IMO

For a couple of seconds i was going to reply that what the fcuker needs is is not actually psychiatric assessment, but impailment ---

but then I copped myself on and thought: "No Ellis, you wouldn't really want to be the kind of cnut that he is....":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pockets3d wrote: »
    as if every person that owns a snake or goes to the zoo isn't entertained by the gruesome feeding habits of nature.

The guy with the cat was just bringing this fascination to its logical conclusion in order to gain attention from pussys(excuse the pun) like yourselves. You are in fact giving him everything he wants by being shocked by this, making him feel special.

He'll feel special if I ever meet him face to face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm so sick of the "Oh you're a hypocrite because you eat meat and find it acceptable..... " brigade.

Call me a hypocrite if you must, but I dislike it altogether. The fact that someone made a video of it which was clearly made for entertainment purposes and not just because the man was trying to feed his snake, is an indication that he should not get away with it, nonetheless. It's still animal cruetly and he should be brought to justice.

If I ever meet him I will defiantly kick the crap out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

In the natural world a mother cat would be there to protect her kitten. There's nothing natural about keeping a snake in a confined area and feeding it a kitten. (I didn't read the OP because I don't want the images in my head).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kaneda_2

That is terrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I don't find anything wrong with live feeding just find the video very eerie with the music that he's playing, and it looks like he's wearing tights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I'm not watching the video.Sick people like that thrive off the attention they receive. The fact that some people are so indifferent to it disgusts me more than the thought of it. Rats and mice aren't exactly nice looking creatures but they can be good pets, and I love cats. Why are people allowed to keep snakes like this? Its completely unnatural. Fu*k this guy so much.

• Advertisement

I don't find anything wrong with live feeding just find the video very eerie with the music that he's playing, and it looks like he's wearing tights.

Live feeding happens all the time. I have seen my cats eat things when they were still alive. Hell I have eaten Oysters when they were alive. The reason so many people are upset is that he took an animal which is considered adorable by humans, a kitten, an animal which is not a natural prey of a python, and without allowing the animal any defence allowed it to be preyed upon by the snake. He filmed it, and even kissed the kitten, not to demonstrate the ways of the world but to annoy and upset people. And that is a shameful reason to do anything.

I suspect he will regret doing that. There are some horrible people out there, and many of them are animal lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

pockets3d wrote: »
    Mice and rats are both common enough pets but no one would bate an eyelid at a python or cat killing them.

I can say that after reading the story I wouldn't bat an eyelid to watch a video of this sick individual being eaten alive by his python! :mad:

Aseth wrote: »
    I can say that after reading the story I wouldn't bat an eyelid to watch a video of this sick individual being eaten alive by his python! :mad:

And believe it or not boardsies, Aseth likes rats for pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Sad, sick and warped, yes, but it's no different than what we eat. Cows don't generally enjoy being turned into steaks. Difference is, the kitten had the aww factor.
    The fact that it sounds like he got a kick out of it has me a bit worried, though.

... My username is making this post pretty ironic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I'd assume that anyone trying to justify this has never kept snakes or has never had a cat.

The guy in this video is a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 catser6767

This video is shocking and that is exactly what the maker wanted. By using a santa hat, and a cute kitten it was designed to shock and horrify people and he has achieved his goals. I think it is just another example of the depraved society we are living in.

• Advertisement

Sad, sick and warped, yes, but it's no different than what we eat. Cows don't generally enjoy being turned into steaks. Difference is, the kitten had the aww factor.
    The fact that it sounds like he got a kick out of it has me a bit worried, though.

... My username is making this post pretty ironic :D

Cows are killed swiftly and humanely, they do not spend their last moments terrified, struggling to free themselves from an unknown vice. Cows are killed the way I would choose to die. There is a difference. That you cant see it, worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

A snake ate small animal. I am shocked.

catser6767 wrote: »
    This video is shocking and that is exactly what the maker wanted. By using a santa hat, and a cute kitten it was designed to shock and horrify people and he has achieved his goals. I think it is just another example of the depraved society we are living in.
    Of course, because horrible people are a 20th century invention :rolleyes:. A certain percentage of humanity has always been horrible and cruel, it's just that the technological advances of the last fifty years means we're informed about the actions of a much larger percentage of them.

Sheeps wrote: »
    A snake ate small animal. I am shocked.

Added to ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 catser6767

Aurum wrote: »
    Of course, because horrible people are a 20th century invention :rolleyes:. A certain percentage of humanity has always been horrible and cruel, it's just that the technological advances of the last fifty years means we're informed about the actions of a much larger percentage of them.
    Firstly never mentioned horrible people.
    Secondly never remotely insinuated that there hasnt always been horrible and cruel people around.
    Thirdly I stated a fact as I see it . That it is another example of our depraved society.
    Finally, Thanks for the tip on technology advances, wish I was as knowledgable as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Tasteless? That's beyond tasteless - that's a sadistic, disgusting human being, and the argument regarding a snakes diet is irrelevant to the most disturbing aspect to that clip - that someone went to such lengths to lull a kitten into a false sense of security and greatly emphasize the kittens status as a domesticated, and seemingly beloved pet by putting it in a stocking and kissing it - and then feed it to a snake for his own enjoyment. No-one ever said they're indifferent to the potential plights of mice/rats/any other of a million and one animals that perish each and every day as a result of nature taking a course, that was never an issue. Feeding a live kitten to a pet snake in such a manner - as that conducted in the video - is not natures course, it's a sick individual who is clearly somewhat disturbed and took great enjoyment in acting out a scenario that he deemed would cause the greatest emotional reaction possible. Plenty of frozen food is available for snakes, there is no reason to feed it a live kitten. And even regarding live food, and stupid comments like feeding at zoos, I don't really think one would see zoo-keepers kissing and cuddling said food sources and wrapping them in festive bows before coaxing them into the mouths of relevant predator. No-ones arguing natures course, or the food chain, or that snakes are bad. But the manner in which this sick individual went about this, is beyond defense and in my opinion he deserves severe punishment. If I read a story about a snake eating a kitten as a simple occurrence of nature, it wouldn't even phase me 10% of what the nature of this story does.

The issue here is more so the individual and how he orchestrated this, not the snake, not the kitten, not the food chain, not what snakes usually eat.

Perfectly put. Cute and cuddly animals die every day in the wild as part of nature. The circumstances and the recording of this act make it absolutely sickening.

catser6767 wrote: »
    Firstly never mentioned horrible people.
    Secondly never remotely insinuated that there hasnt always been horrible and cruel people around.
    Thirdly I stated a fact as I see it . That it is another example of our depraved society.
    Finally, Thanks for the tip on technology advances, wish I was as knowledgable as you.

It is rather a stretch, though, to suggest that society as a whole is depraved based on the actions of a depraved (and very small) minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

As others have pointed out, there are many instances of people feeding prey to predators. The variable factor here is human empathy. After watching a video of a screaming cow or pig being walked towards it's slaughter, a person might argue the justification for the meat on his plate, citing diet and habit. As reaction to a video of a rat being fed to a snake, that person might consider it reasonable according to the food-chain. Change the rat for an animal society empathises with, and suddenly that person faces a criminal charge. Irrational and hypocritical are a few words that come to mind. The death of all animals at the hands of humans should be differentiated by their purpose, and entertainment certainly isnt a morally justifiable one. Yet the cat's death also served another purpose; and that was to feed another animal. This occurs every day, naturally. But the cause and end here was human interference and death, respectively. The reaction by the public to this article verifies that some individuals place varying importance on life, which, when examined, are objectively illogical. Death of animals is caused by most owners of large snakes, possibly to the entrainment of the owner, yet it is not outlawed until that animal's life is one we perceive to be of great(er) importance. The cat died in the same manner that it, and any other animal it's size, would have in the wild - the perceived cruelty here is the enjoyment of the owner. To reason that it was then cruel because the cat is not it's natural prey does not correlate with the magnitude of the emotional response. Perhaps it is reasoned by an individual that the enjoyment of suffering or death is to be criminalised; or perhaps only when the want for this entertainment is acted upon. My overlords are investigating this cognitive err - the report will be completed upon the perceived resolution of this incident. *tck tck tck tkck tck tck tck tck*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I haven't watched the video because I know it will upset me and I have absolutely no desire to have the memory burned into my brain. The individual in question sounds like a sick git, quite possibly disturbed or lacking in empathy, if others' descriptions and reactions here are anything to go by.

HOWEVER, and I am not trying to upset anyone here, I completely agree with people who say this is getting the reaction it is getting because of the animal killed in it.

Don't get me wrong--I'm an animal lover. Have had cats, dogs and a gerbil and doted on all of them. I have also had rats and have seen how easily people dismiss them as smelly, disgusting creatures, when in fact they are often affectionate, very clean (they become upset if left in their own filth), highly intelligent animals.

I have also had the unhappy misfortune of seeing people of a similar mental bent post feeding videos involving rodents before that have not drawn as severe a reaction as this one.

I do see the distinction that his method in feeding the kitten to the snake was disgusting but people should be careful not to anthropomorphise one animal (the kitten) and not display the same kind of outrage to another (rodents).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Of course there is a contradiction in the outrage expressed over a kitten as opposed to a rodent, but I think that's because cats are often kept as family pets and people are more shocked by that than anything else. It's also the issue that the video was put up on the internet for people to watch and that the man doing it seems to take some pleasure out of it and probably thinks it's hilarious (bringing it in in a stocking, etc.). It's not a video I'd ever want to see, and I really think that the guy who did it is an utter prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_E6Ju1kuoI&NR=1&feature=endscreen
    just out of interest i youtubed it and no matter how vile the person there seems to be 1000's of the same type of video...be it little baby rabit or kitten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

syklops wrote: »
    Cows are killed swiftly and humanely, they do not spend their last moments terrified, struggling to free themselves from an unknown vice. Cows are killed the way I would choose to die. There is a difference. That you cant see it, worries me.

POST FAIL

You're delusional if you actually believe that. People in general is what worries me. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6gnMHK53k
    There are literally hundreds of videos on the internet showing that cows do 'spend their last moments terrified, struggling to free themselves from an unknown vice'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

I saw a video on youtube of a man feeding a snake a hamster for lunch. Just nature I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

HovaBaby wrote: »
    I saw a video on youtube of a man feeding a snake a hamster for lunch. Just nature I guess.

There are a hell of a lot of people on here missing the point.

Had he fed the python a frozen kitten specifically bread for feeding pythons there would be no issue here in my opinion.

It is the whole videoing and acting out of the feeding that I have issue with.

Why the Christmas hat, why the Christmas music, why kiss and cuddle the kitten luring it into a false sense of security. Why even focking video the incident and post it in YouTube?

It's clearly a sick person who done this. Plenty of exotic pet owners feed their pets live prey and don't feel the need to record and put an act on for the feeding. This person got the reaction they wanted. If I ever met him he'd get one help of a punch in the forehead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement