Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man feeds live kitten to Burmese Python

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Why would anybody want to keep one of those snakes in the first place, alarm bells should start going off when some weirdo comes into a shop and wants to buy one.

And then you wonder why stuff like this ends up happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Would some of you be still talking about food chain if instead of a kitten was a puppy???
    I bet not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

Just watched the video on live leak, it didn't look like the kitten suffered too much, now don't get me wrong the guy who made the video is a sick fcuk, he has Mariah Carey's "a whole new world" playing in the background as he records the snake munching down the kitten. He obviously got the kitten for the purpose of feeding his pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Aseth wrote: »
    Would some of you be still talking about food chain if instead of a kitten was a puppy???
    I bet not!

It shouldn't make any bloody difference what animal it is?

I agree with the fact that the guy is an evil ****er for making this for a laugh or whatever his motivation but I don't like the doe eyes and hand wringing just because it's cute.

"Ah sure rats are ugly and most people hate them, feed them to snakes all day long.........not the kittens though....you can't use the kittens"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Of course the kitten is cute, but anyone that is able to sit back and laugh and mock any animal knowing they are going to hear its cries of terror and death is a sick b*stard.

Would love to put this guy in front a bear and see the terror in his eyes as he struggles for his life.

It's absolutely awful. And the cuddling etc beforehand shows just how sick that f*cker is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

There are plenty of videos on youtube of kittens eating snakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Aseth wrote: »
    I bet not!

If i did i would be just as bad as people caring about cats over rats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

syklops wrote: »
    Cows are killed swiftly and humanely, they do not spend their last moments terrified, struggling to free themselves from an unknown vice. Cows are killed the way I would choose to die. There is a difference. That you cant see it, worries me.

As Fromthetrees said - Google it, look it up on youtube and you will see animals suffering in slaughterhouses. And thats before we even get into how they are kept when they're alive...

My point of view on this is that would anyone really care if he had fed a rat to the snake? I'm guessing there wouldn't be nearly as much outrage if he had. It's because a cute lil kitty was picked that has everyone all worked up. It's exactly why he chose it - for the shock factor.

I agree of course that the way the kitten died was horrible, and the fact he enjoyed it and a video of its death was warped. I just think that the fact that it was a kitten has people all worked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 !3theraven

Thats not the only video-theres another video from the same user who uploaded another video of himself drowning a kitten in a bath.

There must be ways with modern technology to track his IP address as where he lives and where these videos were uploaded from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There are a hell of a lot of people on here missing the point.

Had he fed the python a frozen kitten specifically bread for feeding pythons there would be no issue here in my opinion.

It is the whole videoing and acting out of the feeding that I have issue with.

Why the Christmas hat, why the Christmas music, why kiss and cuddle the kitten luring it into a false sense of security. Why even focking video the incident and post it in YouTube?

It's clearly a sick person who done this. Plenty of exotic pet owners feed their pets live prey and don't feel the need to record and put an act on for the feeding. This person got the reaction they wanted. If I ever met him he'd get one help of a punch in the forehead.

Yes it's certainly disturbing, but that's not the point, if it offends somebody that does not make it illegal, it may be sick all right. If a rat can be fed legally to a snake so can a kitten. IMO neither should be allowed. I don't know the specifics of what is legal to feed to animals, live rats/fish/whatever but if rats were allowed to be fed to them it would be hypocritical for the law to then say it's cuter so it's a crime.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Most of the time the sarcastic muppets in AH are pretty funny; but in a thread like this, they make AH seem like its turning into 4chan.

Hang heads in shame, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

pH wrote: »
    I know we keep cats as pets, and we have empathy for them, but in terms of a developed brain and the ability to feel pain, fear and suffer is there really much difference between a 4 month old kitten and a 4 month old rat?

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's a video I'd want to watch, but logically if we're happy with live mammals being fed to snakes does it really matter which ones?

When I talk about my disgust at animal cruelty Im more disgusted by the mentality of the person commiting the cruelty. There is a completley different mentality involved in killing an animal for food and killing or torturing an animal for fun.

Yes it's certainly disturbing, but that's not the point, if it offends somebody that does not make it illegal, it may be sick all right. If a rat can be fed legally to a snake so can a kitten. IMO neither should be allowed. I don't know the specifics of what is legal to feed to animals, live rats/fish/whatever but if rats were allowed to be fed to them it would be hypocritical for the law to then say it's cuter so it's a crime.

The man took pleasure in the animals suffering its not a simple case of him feeding his pet becuase it was hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I initally didnt know how to feel about this event. I worked down at the animal shelter for the last 1.5 years and only recentily stopped due to other work commitments. I take care of dogs and cats all day long, mostly cleaning thier poop up, washing thier homes, and walking them many times a day before feeding them thier dinne to them.

I have 2 cats i love very much and consider them family...

But I cannot see the problem really with this video. I dont want to watch it as it would make me want to vomit, but only i because i love my cats and dogs so much. My sister has a snake and I've fed it little mice loads of times. It needs to eat. So i feed it. My cats eat meat. I'd kill a chicken and cook up a chicken if needed. So What is the difference between a mouse/rat/cat/chinese person eating dog/irish person eating cow.

Its not like this cat was tortured. Its body was used for food and it was killed for that purpose. I do the same to cows(through tesco)... Shame. I like cats alot. But snakes need to eat. One cat versus a few mice? Who am i to judge.
    cassi wrote: »
    Ah come on, there's a huge difference in just feeding a snake a rat or mouse and feeding it a domesticated house cat.

Whats sick is that, the person did this for ENTERTAINMENT!! And its a very very safe assumption to make that the kitten was used because it would get more of a reaction. Thats both cruel AND unnecessary!!

Whats worse is they promised more videos, if they are starting with kittens where will they progress to.

Can you explain to me the difference here? I agree in that I think it was used as a kitten for shock value and lolz, which i think is gross. Not because its a kitten, but because i dont find killing lolz at all. Even insects I keep alive unless needed. The act itself was nothing cruel, maybe the intention.

But in that case, are you appalled because it was a cat and not a rat or dog?
    Or because it was recorded?

If its the video and not the use/killing of the animal, then theres nothing to be too annoyed at, We've all seen hundreds of videos of slightly cruel videos, children falling off bikes on camera shows on TV, we've all squashed insects without so much as a thought, and we all kill animals to feed our meat eatin pets and wouldnt mind posting a video of it then.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The man took pleasure in the animals suffering its not a simple case of him feeding his pet becuase it was hungry.

Does this matter though?

The man having pleasure from the animal dying makes no difference that the animal needed to die to feed its predator.
    Its like someone watching the nature channel and getting excited about seeing how perfect a killer a lion can be when stalking, chasing and ripping apart its prey.
    Whats the difference? Would it make a difference if the mans was emotionally regretful that the animal needed to die to feed its predator then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

But I cannot see the problem really with this video. I dont want to watch it as it would make me want to vomit, but only i because i love my cats and dogs so much. My cats eat meat. I'd kill a chicken and cook up a chicken if needed. So What is the difference between a mouse/rat/cat/chinese person eating dog/irish person eating cow.
    The actual feeding is secondary in the video! I know you haven't watched the video but are you aware of what happened in it??
    Its not like this cat was tortured. Its body was used for food and it was killed for that purpose. I do the same to cows(through tesco)... Shame. I like cats alot. But snakes need to eat. One cat versus a few mice? Who am i to judge.
    Again I ask are you aware of what happened in the video? Its body was eaten yes, but its killing was for entertainment!

Can you explain to me the difference here? I agree in that I think it was used as a kitten for shock value and lolz, which i think is gross. Not because its a kitten, but because i dont find killing lolz at all.

The difference in the context of the video is that it was a pet! In the video he cuddles and plays with the cat before giving it to the snake, when the cat went into defensive mode after spotting the snake the guy distracted the kitten so the snake could pounce. Had it been a wild animal the animal wouldn't have let the person distract it and thus had a chance against the snake.
    But in that case, are you appalled because it was a cat and not a rat or dog? Or because it was recorded? If its the video and not the use/killing of the animal, then theres nothing to be too annoyed at, We've all seen hundreds of videos of slightly cruel videos, children falling off bikes on camera shows on TV, we've all squashed insects without so much as a thought, and we all kill animals to feed our meat eatin pets and wouldnt mind posting a video of it then.

Regardless of the species used, its a sick video of unnecessary animal cruelty. Its not JUST feeding because a responsible snake owner wouldn't feed a kitten to a snake infact as pointed out several times in this thread and a simple google will tell you feeding live to a pet snake isn't recommended at all!

The dramatics of the santa hat, hiding the snake, playing christmas music even the title indicated this wasn't just feeding a snake because it was hungry. Comparing it with a youtude vid of a kid fallling a bike is hugely off the mark.

I think this thread has been hijacked by buddhists who cry for every squashed bug in the world... there is a difference between frozen rats and a live kitten people! If you need an explanation as to why that is, well then you're touched in the head frankly.

The actual feeding is secondary in the video! I know you haven't watched the video but are you aware of what happened in it??
    Im aware of it as much as readin this thread has told me, I understand the sicko took pleasure in the killing and used christmas props and music etc. Although i wouldnt approve of the behaviour myself, I dont think it really makes any difference what emotional reactions the guy had to the killing? Would it be better or different if he was regretful but still did it?
    Again I ask are you aware of what happened in the video? Its body was eaten yes, but its killing was for entertainment!
    see above. I understand that it was done for entertainment, but its enjoyment factor for the guy doesnt impact what the video main content was, they other things are just props to make sick fun of the situation.
    theTinker wrote: »
    Can you explain to me the difference here? I agree in that I think it was used as a kitten for shock value and lolz, which i think is gross. Not because its a kitten, but because i dont find killing lolz at all.
    The difference in the context of the video is that it was a pet! In the video he cuddles and plays with the cat before giving it to the snake,
    I completely disagree that the animals bearing as a 'pet' can be used as any measure in this, the only person that gets to decide the 'pet' factor of the animal is the owner, and obviously whoever sold it to him gave up the rights to protect the animal(as far as cruelty), but the owner decided it was food now. If i had a snake and it needed rats, I'd feed it rats. Some others would consider rats pets. I think the important part here is If i bought a rat and played with for afew days before feeding it to my snake. Would that be any more wrong than feeding it to the snake on Day 1? Its Pet factor is just a made up standard we humans use to designate animals in our households.
    when the cat went into defensive mode after spotting the snake the guy distracted the kitten so the snake could pounce. Had it been a wild animal the animal wouldn't have let the person distract it and thus had a chance against the snake.
    Had a chance against the snake? This is irrelevant,He's not going to start making the snake fight for each meal and lose through probability. I can understand your dissaproval of the video for its intention. However if your argument is partially based on the chance of survival for the cat, then its the content of the animals ability and which animal is used comes into the question, and theres no way you can choose "cat" as ok and "rat" as not ok. Or "Cat with defensive ability" as opposed to "baby kitten".
    Regardless of the species used, its a sick video of unnecessary animal cruelty. Its not JUST feeding because a responsible snake owner wouldn't feed a kitten to a snake infact as pointed out several times in this thread and a simple google will tell you feeding live to a pet snake isn't recommended at all!
    I completely agree, I think for different reasons though, I dont find anything cruel about the video. Which surprised me giving my fondness for cats, My own are treated like royalty. One has my blanket right now even though im cold, but his fat ass looks comfortable so he wins this round. I think the video is only wrong in the intention it was videoed, and not the content of it at all. If it had morgan freemans voice over it, It'd be a nature show.
    The dramatics of the santa hat, hiding the snake, playing christmas music even the title indicated this wasn't just feeding a snake because it was hungry. Comparing it with a youtude vid of a kid fallling a bike is hugely off the mark.
    I listed three comparisons, each getting more heavy in comparison, One including an animals death, please dont single pick parts of my posts without taking all related parts into considersation

I think we agree that the video is uncalled for and wrong, but for entirely different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Andy!! wrote: »
    I think this thread has been hijacked by buddhists who cry for every squashed bug in the world... there is a difference between frozen rats and a live kitten people! If you need an explanation as to why that is, well then you're touched in the head frankly.
    Don't think anyone's saying otherwise

Is there a difference between a live rat and a live kittens? What is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Hopefully they catch him and put in him jail and stick him down with some of the hard hittin' boys in B-Block with dicks like pythons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Burmese Albino Python's are not exactly a common snake as pets go, someone is bound to know this idiot including his local petshop / vet and hopefully will shop him in.

I hope a huge mob turns up outside his house and forces him out of town, plus he gets six months , lifetime ban on keeping pets and a 4 year ban from keeping any camera or PC.

It might have been hungry......

Dave! wrote: »

Cuteness.

Tinker, I think you're missing my point all round! The video was not of a "feeding" it was of a "killing". This is suppose to be the same guy that made the video last year of him suffocitating two kittens in a bag. Hes a sicko.

The "pet" part has a huge bearing in it for me!! The Cat was clearly a pet (by pet im talking about a tame demosticated pet) as a cat owner I'm sure you know that a untame cat certainly wouldn't let itself be put into a hat, be cuddled and without a doubt it wouldn't let itself be distracted when faced with danger. If you're gonna have an animal as food then rare it as such!

The cat having a chance is relevant in that it furthers my point that it was a video made to get pleasure out of a killing!
    I completely agree, I think for different reasons though, I dont find anything cruel about the video.

How do you not see anything wrong in the video?? You agree its unnecessary, you agree it was made for entertainment yet you don't see anything wrong in the video??!! The mind boggles. FYI apart from the physical process of the snake eating the cat there was NOTHING natural about what happened in the video!!
    I listed three comparisons, each getting more heavy in comparison, One including an animals death, please dont single pick parts of my posts without taking all related parts into considersation

Okay then let me address all three, comparing a slightly cruel video, a kid falling off a bike or someone standing on an insect cannot, be compared to someone making a video of unnecessary animal cruelty purely for sick entertainment.

Now i've made it clear as to where i stand on this sick person so im not gonna keep arguing it!

Personally I've said that regardless of the species its sickening. Had it been a cat, rat, dog or slug the fact the idiot made the video for the purpose of entertainment is horrible.

The difference in it being a kitten instead of a rat is that the kitten is NOT a accepted food stuff for a pet snake. Had it been a rat then the argument that its just like any other feeding video that some people are trying to make, may have some standing!

Most people here that are horrified by the video haven't even said its anything to do with cuteness. People trying to claim hypocrisy are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

anyone that is able to sit back and laugh and mock any animal knowing they are going to hear its cries of terror and death is a sick b*stard.

Would love to put this guy in front a bear and see the terror in his eyes as he struggles for his life.

so does that make you a sick b*stard? i'm confused

It might have been hungry......

Im not a snake expert but Im guessing the animals feeding habits dont require you to film the death of the creature and put it on youtube for shock value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

No do the snake's feeding habits require you to feed it live prey.

Depending what western country you live in, live feeding of mammals to reptiles is illegal. Your rates and mice can be purchased frozen in bulk and thawed before being fed to your snake. The only grounds for live feeding to your snake is as a last resort to prevent it starving to death.

It's all about 'unnecessary suffering'. Is a kitten a reasonable meal for a snake? If you mean is it a mammal of a certain size, then yes. It is neccessary to allow a kitten be attacked and slowly crushed to death by the snake before being eaten? No, no it's not necessary to allow that. If you were utterly determined to feed a kitten to a snake, you could kill the kitten with a sharp blow to the head before feeding it, so it literally wouldn't know what had hit it.

So what does that make the man who fed a live kitten to his snake?

Why, that makes him a sociopath.

Should he be convicted for it?

Yes he should. The whole glory of being a higher species is that just because we can do something, that doesn't mean we should do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Personally I've said that regardless of the species its sickening. Had it been a cat, rat, dog or slug the fact the idiot made the video for the purpose of entertainment is horrible.

Agreed
    The difference in it being a kitten instead of a rat is that the kitten is NOT a accepted food stuff for a pet snake. Had it been a rat then the argument that its just like any other feeding video that some people are trying to make, may have some standing!

That's a fairly arbitrary distinction... As I understand it a snake will happily eat a cat and get all the necessary nutrition and energy from it. Just because it's more palatable (for humans) to feed the snake rats doesn't mean there's any difference between the two victims. Rats don't like to be eaten any less than kittens do!

Would you be equally happy for the snake to eat a euthanised/frozen kitten as you would a frozen rat?
    Most people here that are horrified by the video haven't even said its anything to do with cuteness. People trying to claim hypocrisy are!

I'm not expecting anyone to use 'cuteness' in their argument... But that's pretty much what it comes down to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm not expecting anyone to use 'cuteness' in their argument... But that's pretty much what it comes down to!

I don't understand why people keep saying that. I haven't seen anyone making that argument. Most people are just appalled at the circumstances in the video, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I think most people would be appalled regardless of what type of animal it was. The nature of the video itself is awful. It's also been stated on here by people in the know that snakes don't require live feeding unless they are refusing to eat and are in danger of starving. If people who actually know something about snakes are expressing concern about it, then I think it's pretty safe to say that what's happening in this video is not responsible behaviour for a snake owner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Just because it's more palatable (for humans) to feed the snake rats doesn't mean there's any difference between the two victims. Rats don't like to be eaten any less than kittens do!

Cats are our natural allies. They've kept rodents from the grain store for millenia. They've contributed to our civilisation if you think about it.

Rats and mice are our enemies. Historically, they competed with us for food and we used the humble and unoffensive cat to keep them at bay.

They deserve our respect because they've earned it.

Im not a snake expert but Im guessing the animals feeding habits dont require you to film the death of the creature and put it on youtube for shock value.

There are dozens and dozens of these kinds of videos on Youtube, why is this one so special?

Cat, dog, rat, mouse, rabbit, hamster, chicken..........what's the ethical order in which you're allowed to feed these to a snake?

This isn't a dig at you.....just wondering.

That's a fairly arbitrary distinction... As I understand it a snake will happily eat a cat and get all the necessary nutrition and energy from it. Just because it's more palatable (for humans) to feed the snake rats doesn't mean there's any difference between the two victims. Rats don't like to be eaten any less than kittens do!

Not really because we're not talking about what the snake ate, we're talking about what was fed to the snake! We're talking in the context of the video, which is what is horrifying people. The fact that this guy made it for entertainment. The snake will eat what its given you can't excuse the snake for that but the guy as a pet owner is responsible for the feeding of a snake so the kitten shouldn't be used as food.
    Would you be equally happy for the snake to eat a euthanised/frozen kitten as you would a frozen rat?

Had they been acceptable food stuffs for pet snakes then yes, its how it should be done but again remember we're not talking about feeding a snake. We're talking about an unnecessary act of cruelty that was performed for entertainment.

Its nothing but an assumption that, thats why people are horrified. In fact most people have said they are appauled by the cruelty in the video regardless of what animal was used.

There are dozens and dozens of these kinds of videos on Youtube, why is this one so special?

Cat, dog, rat, mouse, rabbit, hamster, chicken..........what's the ethical order in which you're allowed to feed these to a snake?

Well thats a fair question I dont see it as a dig at me. Ethical protection certainly is afforded to some animals more than others. Amongst other things the intelligence of the animal is one of the factors in affording an organisim ethical protection. All vertebrates are afforded ethical protection and one of the only non vertebrates that are afforded ethical protection are some of the cephalopods in particular the octopus. When it comes to our nearest relatives the great apes lawyers from harvard amongst other people are trying to propse new laws to give the great apes basic human rights, i.e right to freedom, protection of life and protection from torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

When it comes to our nearest relatives the great apes lawyers from harvard amongst other people are trying to propse new laws to give the great apes basic human rights, i.e right to freedom, protection of life and protection from torture.

It would be great if this works out. Endangered species need all the protection they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

I had a Desert Kingsnake, who ate frozen furrys.. fully grown rats. Im in the UK now, so I dont know if its different.. but what I was told was that you can only live feed your snake if you have exhausted every other method with frozen/defrosted, and if it is in danger of starving to death.

In that case, it must not be witnessed by others or recorded etc.. as it would then cross the line into being "entertainment"

Not sure of the correct wording, but thats how it was put to me.. never had a problem with my snake though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I wonder has anyone caught this pyscho yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The pressure is on to catch this nutter, already a £2000 reward offered but I would say this will increase. Someone should hopefully dog him in for that.

Cat kill film No2 :mad:

Jesus. You'd know we lead easy lives when we can be so affected by a cat getting killed. Who cares. It a cat.

• Advertisement

Jesus. You'd know we lead easy lives when we can be so affected by a cat getting killed. Who cares. It a cat.

I fucking care. I hate cruelty and especially to cats because they never go looking for trouble.

I fucking care. I hate cruelty and especially to cats because they never go looking for trouble.

I eat cat even though it doesn't taste that good.. Maybe that's why I'm not bothered by a snake eating a cat.

I eat cat even though it doesn't taste that good.. Maybe that's why I'm not bothered by a snake eating a cat.

You wouldn't eat a cat I owned I assure you.

You wouldn't eat a cat I owned I assure you.

In all seriousness, Id love to eat your cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

In that case would it offend or shock you to see a video of a man killing another man posted on youtube? After all we are just animals.

In all seriousness, Id love to eat your cat.

I don't have a cat but if I did and you wanted to eat it you'd have to get past me first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The difference with what this guy did and what is normally the case with people who keep reptiles is that 99.9999 % the food is bought frozen from a pet shop and thawed out prior to feeding. I don't know anyone who feeds live rats or other animals, and that's what makes this dickhead different.

I don't have a cat but if I did and you wanted to eat it you'd have to get past me first.

I'll see you outside the kitten defence headquarters at 8am tomorrow.

I'll see you outside the kitten defence headquarters at 8am tomorrow.

Deal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

difference between a live rat and this kitten is that rats have been known to kill the snake that should be eating it by running around behind it knawing through the back of its head. Wish this had happened here tbh.

I can't bring myself to watching this video, and I've kept numerous snakes. for a start, anyone who gets a kick out of live feeding is warped IMO. anyone who does this with a domesticated animal is disgusting.

I'm guessing the defenders don't like animals in general?
    imagine for a second, if you've got a pet cat/dog/rodent of your own, and your snake was hungry, would the thought cross your mind? afterall, its "natural" ... even though frozen food is easily available, your argument is its natural. get a grip. have some compassion and stop arguing for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Well thats a fair question I dont see it as a dig at me. Ethical protection certainly is afforded to some animals more than others. Amongst other things the intelligence of the animal is one of the factors in affording an organisim ethical protection. All vertebrates are afforded ethical protection and one of the only non vertebrates that are afforded ethical protection are some of the cephalopods in particular the octopus. When it comes to our nearest relatives the great apes lawyers from harvard amongst other people are trying to propse new laws to give the great apes basic human rights, i.e right to freedom, protection of life and protection from torture.

Basing on this assumption, is it fair to say that we could feed a retarded person to a snake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement