Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man feeds live kitten to Burmese Python

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I have some degus myself so I'd hate to see them wind up gobbled by a snake though I know their cousins make quite the meal for them.

For me, it's the filming and feeding live animals to each other and slapping it up on the web for a buzz from others which is twisted. Makes it worse when they put a soundtrack on the video to make it seem more epic and cool, like a power trip to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Worse still this snake is being conditioned to eat live kill, what if it escaped and went for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Here we go people.

This sicko has posted a second video:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3977544/Cat-kill-film-No2.html

A SICK video of a cat being drowned in a bath has been posted on the internet — by the same sadist behind footage of a kitten being fed to a python.
    The latest video — uncovered by The Sun — shows the terrified pet taped to a broom handle being slowly lowered into the water by a woman.

Bubbles can be seen rising as it struggles frantically before losing its fight for life.

The footage, called "Bathtime lol" was posted on YouTube at the weekend by a user called jasminethecat666.

The same sicko posted a video exposed by The Sun last week, which showed a tiny kitten being fed to a Burmese python — as the Christmas song Little Drummer Boy played in the background.

The oddball is linked to a film posted last Christmas in which a man kills two kittens by putting them in a bag and sucking the air out with a vacuum cleaner.

Disgusted readers contacted The Sun about the python video. Anna King said: "This scumbag needs to be caught."

Welfare group PETA offered a reward of £2,000 last night for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. Call the newsdesk on 0207 782 4104 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Welfare group PETA offered a reward of £2,000 last night for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

I'd glady catch him for free.

Sick fùck will be put on a higher priority to catch since he's getting so much publicity in the media, which he's obviously relishing in by uploading yet another video.

He needs to be caught quickly, these types don't find the transition to killing a person too hard let alone kill more kittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Absolutely horrific excuse for a human being to torture defenceless little animals.

I will not watch that video, the description is enough.

How is it the paper knew the video was posted from somewhere in the Islington area? Surely someone will recognise the house fixture and fittings?

Absolutely horrific excuse for a human being to torture defenceless little animals.

I will not watch that video, the description is enough.

How is it the paper knew the video was posted from somewhere in the Islington area? Surely someone will recognise the house fixture and fittings?

IP address of the uploader can give a general but not accurate location.

4chan usually have no problem gathering a person's details unless this sicko was smart enough to use a proxy or upload the video from somewhere besides his home address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

kylith wrote: »
    Do you have a cat? Does it catch mice and rats? Do you encourage it to do so? Are you happy when it does? Congratulations, you're a hell of a lot crueler than this guy; a snake will grab and squeeze, and the prey will be unconcious in a short period of time. The cute little pussy that everyone is so upset about would catch, toy with, maim, allow to escape, catch again, bat around the place, and generally torture any rat, mouse, bird, or squirrel that it could. Cats are a lot nastier than snakes.

Tru dat...

At least you know where you stand with a snake, which is far away. Cats are sneaky bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

The only people saying 'hurr its just a kitten big deal durr' are people who have never played with a kitten/cat and seen just how awesome they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

It would be hypocritical of me to pass judgement. My very own Burmese Python has done unspeakable things to many a pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Newsflash: Some people are psychopaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Cats are well capable of killing small rodents etc for fun so I don't see what the problem is here but then i'm biased, I hate cats anyway and no I didn't watch the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Duggy747 wrote: »
    IP address of the uploader can give a general but not accurate location.

4chan usually have no problem gathering a person's details unless this sicko was smart enough to use a proxy or upload the video from somewhere besides his home address.
    4chan are amazing.

Lets ignore all the rapists, drug dealers on our streets, lets catch this guy instead. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This actually made me furious, WTF is wrong with people.....

The only people saying 'hurr its just a kitten big deal durr' are people who have never played with a kitten/cat and seen just how awesome they are.

I don't care much for the kitten and don't see the difference between it and a rat.. Or the difference between someone killing it first and freezing it and letting the snake kill it.

As I type this, I have two kittens sitting on me.. One on leg and one on my chest. Playing with them doesn't take away simple logic.

The guy is a sicko but all this "won't someone please think of the kittens" mania isn't very rational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭missvirgo

I knew we'd be greeted with comments like this.

You think its ok for anyone to post a video on youtube of his pet burmese python killing a live kitten which are widely kept as pets in houses across the country.

The fact he brought the kitten into the bedroom in a christmas stocking shows the sick nature of this person.

If you think theses actions are perfectly ok, you my friend have issues.

I think the issue here is having a Burmese python as a pet. That is sick & more cruel than feeding it a kitten.
    Would you suggest the man in question starve the python? Or is only ok to feed it small animals that you are not personally fond of, such as rats???

From my experience so called 'Animal Rights Activists' have very limited knowledge of nature and its complex systems... They seem to only want to protect what's cute & cuddly and have no understanding of animals & their instincts. Or in fact the old age interactive, symbiotic & natural relationship between humans & animals.

Taking any animal from it's natural environment & caging it for human pleasure is profoundly wrong, not just from a conservation perspective but also from an economic perspective. It's blood money!

Gimme a break!!! 'Twisted pet owner feeds his pet' Shock Horror!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Keyzer wrote: »
    At least you know where you stand with a snake, which is far away. Cats are sneaky bastards...
    Cats are well capable of killing small rodents etc for fun so I don't see what the problem is here but then i'm biased, I hate cats anyway and no I didn't watch the video.
    I don't care much for the kitten and don't see the difference between it and a rat..

Cats are our natural allies. They've kept rodents from the grain store for millenia. They've contributed to our civilisation if you think about it.

Rats and mice are our enemies. They carry disease and historically they competed with us for food. We used the humble and unoffensive cat to keep these rodents at bay and they also make great, easy to keep, companions.

They deserve our respect because they've earned it

missvirgo wrote: »
    I think the issue here is having a Burmese python as a pet. That is sick & more cruel than feeding it a kitten.
    Would you suggest the man in question starve the python? Or is only ok to feed it small animals that you are not personally fond of, such as rats???

From my experience so called 'Animal Rights Activists' have very limited knowledge of nature and its complex systems... They seem to only want to protect what's cute & cuddly and have no understanding of animals & their instincts. Or in fact the old age interactive, symbiotic & natural relationship between humans & animals.

Taking any animal from it's natural environment & caging it for human pleasure is profoundly wrong, not just from a conservation perspective but also from an economic perspective. It's blood money!

Gimme a break!!! 'Twisted pet owner feeds his pet' Shock Horror!!!!

That is a completely different argument, why don't you start a thread on it if you want to debate the rights and wrongs of having an exotic animals as a pets.

Do you think this man fed the Python a kitten as he was in fear of it starving or do you think he fed it for his own sick pleasure and to get a reaction by uploading the video of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Sick Sick individual.

Pets by and large are bought so you can interact with them.
    Dogs and Cats and even goldfish can fall into that thinking but people who buy snakes are the "Look at me, I am so different" kind.

We think feeding Cats to snakes are no nos because rats carry disease and Cats have long been accepted as a top five pet for centuries.

I would be no Holy Joe but this guy needs to be identified and I know it will happen and after seeing the reaction to the woman who threw that cat in the Wheelie bin last year in England.....God help him when he is identified to the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Humans are scum.

That person has to be some kind of psychopath in the making.

• Advertisement

That is a completely different argument, why don't you start a thread on it if you want to debate the rights and wrongs of having an exotic animals as a pets.

Do you think this man fed the Python a kitten as he was in fear of it starving or do you think he fed it for his own sick pleasure and to get a reaction by uploading the video of it?

Sick is in the eye of the beholder.

If he didn't feed it the kitten, in your opinion, what should he have fed it? Or maybe he should have set it free?

If he didn't feed it - it would starve to death!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

And countless thousands Snake Owners all over Ireland would be heart broken I'm sure.

Oh no hang on....thats Cat Owners.

What I suggest he should have fed it was....start with M & M s but don't start with a Cat.

I suppose your going to say he was training the other cat the backstroke in the bath?

Sickness is catching on.

If he didn't feed it the kitten, in your opinion, what should he have fed it? Or maybe he should have set it free?

Best line i've ever heard.

Like all snakes, Burmese Pythons are carnivorous. Their diet consists primarily of appropriately-sized birds and mammals. The snake uses its sharp rearward-pointing teeth to seize its prey, then wraps its body around the prey, at the same time contracting its muscles, killing the prey by constriction. They are often found near human habitation due to the presence of rats, mice and other vermin as a food source. However, their equal affinity for domesticated birds and mammals means that they are often treated as pests. In captivity their diet consists primarily of commercially-available, appropriately-sized rats, and graduates to larger items such as rabbits and poultry as they grow. Exceptionally large pythons may even require larger food items such as pigs or goats, and are known to have attacked and eaten alligators in Florida, where they are an invasive species.[17] They have been known to swallow entire deer as well.

Above is the diet of a burmese pyton in the wild, I see no mention of having to feed it a domesticated kitten and recording it for your own sick please.

Your clearly a troll. Your going on ignore.

Best line i've ever heard.

Like all snakes, Burmese Pythons are carnivorous. Their diet consists primarily of appropriately-sized birds and mammals. The snake uses its sharp rearward-pointing teeth to seize its prey, then wraps its body around the prey, at the same time contracting its muscles, killing the prey by constriction. They are often found near human habitation due to the presence of rats, mice and other vermin as a food source. However, their equal affinity for domesticated birds and mammals means that they are often treated as pests. In captivity their diet consists primarily of commercially-available, appropriately-sized rats, and graduates to larger items such as rabbits and poultry as they grow. Exceptionally large pythons may even require larger food items such as pigs or goats, and are known to have attacked and eaten alligators in Florida, where they are an invasive species.[17] They have been known to swallow entire deer as well.

Above is the diet of a burmese pyton in the wild, I see no mention of having to feed it a domesticated kitten and recording it for your own sick please.

Your clearly a troll. Your going on ignore.

What the hell are you talking about?? What the hell is a troll? I thought this was a discussion board??? Are you just pissed off because i don't agree with you??? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sumpecto

Do you really believe that the guy in the video is not unhinged to some extent?To make a show of the whole thing like he did is sick in my opinion and I really can't see how somebody could argue otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Sumpecto wrote: »
    Do you really believe that the guy in the video is not unhinged to some extent?To make a show of the whole thing like he did is sick in my opinion and I really can't see how somebody could argue otherwise.

I'm guessing/hoping missvirgo hasn't actually watched the video or read what happened in the video! I really can't get over people standing up for this sicko.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Would it be as 'horrific' if it was a live rat.
    We eat animals that spend their lives in cages. :rolleyes:

yes it would be if the rat was in a room with no where to hide
    also the animals we eat are killed quickly and in a humane manner (well sometimes) not squeezed to death

Sumpecto wrote: »

So what is the issue here? Whether the man in question is disturbed, or whether he fed a cat to the python? I don't know what his mental state is, nor do i particularly care.

I was just trying to portray my opinion that feeding a live kitten to a python is not necessarily cruel. The python has to eat.

IMO it's far more cruel to have a wild animal such as a python as a pet.

That's all. Relax. :cool:

Cats are our natural allies. They've kept rodents from the grain store for millenia. They've contributed to our civilisation if you think about it.

Rats and mice are our enemies. They carry disease and historically they competed with us for food. We used the humble and unoffensive cat to keep these rodents at bay and they also make great, easy to keep, companions.

They deserve our respect because they've earned it

I seem to remember cats taking the offensive against humans back in 1983 during the cat-python 100 day war conflict in Uzbekistan - if it wasn't for the UN stepping in and sorting out the moggies we'd be in a world of pain.

On a serious note: twas cruel to feed the cat to the snake in that sadistic manner. However, it doesn't really matter how its carried out, snakes have to eat or they die. Whether its a rat or a cat makes no difference to me or the snake, its a cruel death for the moggie but that's the way it goes.

padraig91 wrote: »
    yes it would be if the rat was in a room with no where to hide
    also the animals we eat are killed quickly and in a humane manner (well sometimes) not squeezed to death

Having a steel bar shot through your head while your mates look on is humane (cows)?

Being electrocuted and set on fire while still alive to burn the hair from your body is humane (pigs)?

Don't kid yourself mate: if you don't believe me then you should hang out at your local slaughterhouse for a couple of hours, its disgusting. But then you don't see what goes on there, you just get some nice moo cow in a neat plastic tray.

Nonsense comment - in many ways, the death the cat got in this clip is more humane than the two examples above.

Either way, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of clips of snakes eating all sorts of other animals on youtube, why the mass public outcry for this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sumpecto

Jesus,does that really happen with pigs Keyzer?

I'm sure there are plenty of live feeding vids but its the whole panto of it with the kitten that disturbs me.Even if this was done with a live rat I would still feel sickened by it and I'm not a fan of rats in the slightest.The little ****s...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Having a steel bar shot through your head while your mates look on is humane (cows)?

Being electrocuted and set on fire while still alive to burn the hair from your body is humane (pigs)?

Don't kid yourself mate: if you don't believe me then you should hang out at your local slaughterhouse for a couple of hours, its disgusting. But then you don't see what goes on there, you just get some nice moo cow in a neat plastic tray.

Nonsense comment - in many ways, the death the cat got in this clip is more humane than the two examples above.

Either way, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of clips of snakes eating all sorts of other animals on youtube, why the mass public outcry for this one?

thats why i said sometimes i know animals are killed i bad ways and im not a fan of it.also pigs are knocked out before they are killed (they get knocked out and then the throat is slit to drain all the blood) i dont see the problem in that

also the bar being shot through the cows head is no different to being shot in the head the cow dies straight away (and i dont think the other cows are that bother about their cow friend being killed although i cannot be sure of this)

so how are any of these ways better then being trapped with no where to hide and being squeezed to death for entrainment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It would be great if this works out. Endangered species need all the protection they can get.

+1

All the great apes show high degrees of intelligence, empathy, personality, care towards family and a multitude of other attributes that make us human. They are very closely related to us and its time to recognise that in law.

Jesus. You'd know we lead easy lives when we can be so affected by a cat getting killed. Who cares. It a cat.

Never heard such garbage in my life.

Basing on this assumption, is it fair to say that we could feed a retarded person to a snake.

Well you sort of highlighted a point some of the reasons given why animals should not have rights were applied to humans such as the mentally ill, those of different race and the disabled as a tool to deny them human rights.

Here we go people.

This sicko has posted a second video:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3977544/Cat-kill-film-No2.html

A SICK video of a cat being drowned in a bath has been posted on the internet — by the same sadist behind footage of a kitten being fed to a python.
    The latest video — uncovered by The Sun — shows the terrified pet taped to a broom handle being slowly lowered into the water by a woman.

Bubbles can be seen rising as it struggles frantically before losing its fight for life.

The footage, called "Bathtime lol" was posted on YouTube at the weekend by a user called jasminethecat666.

The same sicko posted a video exposed by The Sun last week, which showed a tiny kitten being fed to a Burmese python — as the Christmas song Little Drummer Boy played in the background.

The oddball is linked to a film posted last Christmas in which a man kills two kittens by putting them in a bag and sucking the air out with a vacuum cleaner.

Disgusted readers contacted The Sun about the python video. Anna King said: "This scumbag needs to be caught."

Welfare group PETA offered a reward of £2,000 last night for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. Call the newsdesk on 0207 782 4104 or email exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Well guys I think its time to wake up if you think this guy hasnt got major issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

whats the big hoopla all about, an animal was fed to another, big feckin deal.

actually quite funny just posted and seen the link above.

Damn crazies always crawl out of the woodwork at christmas, dont they though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

IMO it's far more cruel to have a wild animal such as a python as a pet.

Your opinion is nonsense. It's not a wild animal. Burmese pythons that are kept as pets are all captive bred and have never seen the wild.

padraig91 wrote: »
    thats why i said sometimes i know animals are killed i bad ways and im not a fan of it.also pigs are knocked out before they are killed (they get knocked out and then the throat is slit to drain all the blood) i dont see the problem in that

also the bar being shot through the cows head is no different to being shot in the head the cow dies straight away (and i dont think the other cows are that bother about their cow friend being killed although i cannot be sure of this)

so how are any of these ways better then being trapped with no where to hide and being squeezed to death for entrainment?

Exactly my point - lets not argue the minor details. Who are we to judge whether one form of death is more humane than another?

Hundreds of thousands of animals are killed everyday for humans to eat their meat - humane or otherwise, if the animals could speak I'm sure they'd opt to live rather than die yet we kill them and eat them regardless.

If you want to see inhumane you should look for the clip on the web of a guy in russia who throws a dog off a bridge for the crack. The dog doesn't die but is clearly in agony.

The cat in this case suffered, no doubt, but it suffered at the hands of another animal who'se primary instinct is to kill and eat regardless of whether it was fooled into being around the snake or not.

Travesties to human life happen everyday all around the world - in the grand scheme of things this is nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes it is humane when compared to any other predators killing method. Getting a bolt through the head is far more humane than being ripped apart while your still alive. There's no argument there.

Your opinion is nonsense. It's not a wild animal. Burmese pythons that are kept as pets are all captive bred and have never seen the wild.
    I'm sure he means these animals don't make good pets, they never really become pets as a cat or a dog would. At any time the snake can turn on you and try to kill you or try to escape.

Why the public outcry over a human feeding live prey as opposed to a snake eating live prey? The difference between the snake and the human would be a clear reason for most. We are the species "Homo sapiens" meaning wise man. We are supposed to have empathy intelligence and compassion which some people use to set us apart from other animals.

The people who argue that its only a kitten, it happens in the wild ect seem to be suggesting that because less intelligent creature eat live prey ect its alright for us to do it because thats nature ect. Those same people who argue nature does it so we should are the same people will be the first to tell you were superior to every other animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I don't care much for the kitten and don't see the difference between it and a rat.. Or the difference between someone killing it first and freezing it and letting the snake kill it.

As I type this, I have two kittens sitting on me.. One on leg and one on my chest. Playing with them doesn't take away simple logic.

The guy is a sicko but all this "won't someone please think of the kittens" mania isn't very rational.

It isn’t just based on a kitten. What people are trying say is that cats and dogs are the 2 most popular pets that we have and it is hard to see somebody do that to a kitten.

It's just the way it is.

Yes rats are pets too but so are spiders, cock roaches etc the list goes on, where do we stop?

Exactly my point - lets not argue the minor details. Who are we to judge whether one form of death is more humane than another?

Hundreds of thousands of animals are killed everyday for humans to eat their meat - humane or otherwise, if the animals could speak I'm sure they'd opt to live rather than die yet we kill them and eat them regardless.

If you want to see inhumane you should look for the clip on the web of a guy in russia who throws a dog off a bridge for the crack. The dog doesn't die but is clearly in agony.

The cat in this case suffered, no doubt, but it suffered at the hands of another animal who'se primary instinct is to kill and eat regardless of whether it was fooled into being around the snake or not.

Travesties to human life happen everyday all around the world - in the grand scheme of things this is nothing.

Actually the disturbing part is it suffered at the hands of a creature who doesnt operate on instinct alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jaybo1

jimmymal wrote: »
    whats the big hoopla all about, an animal was fed to another, big feckin deal.

actually quite funny just posted and seen the link above.

Damn crazies always crawl out of the woodwork at christmas, dont they though?

Yes its hilarious. :confused:

Your first line was actually quite informative (albeit probably not deliberately) An animal was fed to another animal. Do you not see a problem with that? And also that it was videoed? Can you give me any good reason why this was videoed and posted to the world?

The "big hoopla" is that some people have issues with an animal (the kitten) being brought into an environment where it would NEVER be in the wild, facing a predator it would never face, being killed, and some person videoing it. I am aware that animals kill each other in the wild, but this is not the same, not the same at all.

I am not even going to comment on the latest video, I dont think even the trolls can defend this one. Unless of course this is a natural situation again.

Its disgusting, and they need to catch these sick, evil, worthless scum.

I hope they do and I hope they get a proper sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

ScumLord wrote: »

I'm sure he means these animals don't make good pets, they never really become pets as a cat or a dog would. At any time the snake can turn on you and try to kill you or try to escape.

They're highly unlikely to "turn on you and try to kill you" unless they have never been handled. Same with any pet that has had little or no human interaction.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes it is humane when compared to any other predators killing method. Getting a bolt through the head is far more humane than being ripped apart while your still alive. There's no argument there.

True but, in this particular case, the cat suffered for no more than 20 seconds before it would have been rendered unconscious. IMO, a much more humane way of dying as opposed to being shot with a bar or having your throat sliced open ala hilal butchering.

I'm not saying its right to feed kittens/cats to snakes but I'm finding it difficult to see the difference with this and feeding a rat or mouse to a snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

How typical that this has degenerated into all sorts of superflous tangential arguments.

Bottom line is that this prick did this for ENTERTAINMENT, nothing to do with how we slaughter cows/pigs whatever, the ethics of eating meat or any other ridiculous arguments being put forward here. He did it for fun.
    He fed a live kitten to his snake for the fun of it, and is a c*unt. If he does this for entertainment, he will do other horrible crap for entertainment in the future.

Jaime Oliver once killed a bunch of newly hatched chickens on the TV, but it wasn't done for entertainment. It was done to educate people on where we get our food, and what actually happens to that which is deemed unneeded. Anyone who can't see the difference between the Jaime Oliver example and what this arsehole did needs to get their head examined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

To be honest with you I can't see the problem here. What's he supposed to do? Let the python starve to death?

The thing that surprises me, though, is that it happened in Islington, a hotbed of Leftyism. Is where a lot of Friends of the earth, Greenpeace, and animals rights lunatics live. So it not where you'd expect someone to feed there snake with a cat.

Batsy wrote: »
    To be honest with you I can't see the problem here. What's he supposed to do? Let the python starve to death?

The thing that surprises me, though, is that it happened in Islington, a hotbed of Leftyism. Is where a lot of Friends of the earth, Greenpeace, and animals rights lunatics live. So it not where you'd expect someone to feed there snake with a cat.

What part of the pythons feeding habits require you to film it eating live prey. Also the pythin doesnt need live prey. I suppose you have no problem with him drowning the animal either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

To all the people defending this video, what do you think of the second video they have now posted? Surely you can't still defend them?

You can't ignore that this person has now progressed to drowning an animal for fun, no other animals involved this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They're highly unlikely to "turn on you and try to kill you" unless they have never been handled. Same with any pet that has had little or no human interaction.
    They will always act like trapped animals, they won't become domesticated. I have turtles and as much as they beg for food and swim up to you in the tank they never lose that flight responce. They always have that urge to flee deep down inside them that domestic animals don't seem t have. We have breed that out of domestic animals over thousands of years. It'll take a thousand more to breed it out of new pets.
    I'm not saying its right to feed kittens/cats to snakes but I'm finding it difficult to see the difference with this and feeding a rat or mouse to a snake.
    There is no technical difference although I would say a bolt through the brain is better than suffocating. But like I was saying we breed these animals based partly on their cuteness. We breed them to have human child like features so it would take a special kind of person to be able to ignore all that and bring themselves to kill one of these animals for their own enjoyment. The guy is clearly a freak.

Advertisement