Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man feeds live kitten to Burmese Python

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Someone get 4chan on the case. They're like the cat police of the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

People often feed live mice to snakes or live crickets to lizards and nobody cares, but feed a cute kitten to a snake and suddenly it's the worst thing in the world :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Batsy wrote: »
    To be honest with you I can't see the problem here. What's he supposed to do? Let the python starve to death?

The thing that surprises me, though, is that it happened in Islington, a hotbed of Leftyism. Is where a lot of Friends of the earth, Greenpeace, and animals rights lunatics live. So it not where you'd expect someone to feed there snake with a cat.

well perhaps he shouldnt feed it trapped defenceless animals that are torchered before they die. you can buy frozen mice in most pet shops for snakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

After reading about 12 pages I wanted to ask if he also wets the bed and plays with matches. Then I saw the second link. Psycho in the making.

Also, people are idiots. And I don't mean the guy in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

jaybo1 wrote: »
    Yes its hilarious. :confused:

Your first line was actually quite informative (albeit probably not deliberately) An animal was fed to another animal. Do you not see a problem with that? And also that it was videoed? Can you give me any good reason why this was videoed and posted to the world?

The "big hoopla" is that some people have issues with an animal (the kitten) being brought into an environment where it would NEVER be in the wild, facing a predator it would never face, being killed, and some person videoing it. I am aware that animals kill each other in the wild, but this is not the same, not the same at all.

I am not even going to comment on the latest video, I dont think even the trolls can defend this one. Unless of course this is a natural situation again.

Its disgusting, and they need to catch these sick, evil, worthless scum.

I hope they do and I hope they get a proper sentence.

So what your telling me is that these animals would never meet in the wild? A kitten has never faced a burmese python in the wild and so one has never been killed by a python. Not even in burma?:rolleyes:

Listen i dont know much about burmese pythons, but ill assume that like all pythons they eat their prey after crushing them as they have evolved to do. Not trusting food that is already dead.

The man with his video could be seen as lovingly feeding his pet a tasty treat and in doing so gets exited about the meal recording it like a parent might record their child doing something/ anything.
    without his part in this video there would be nothing to be outraged about, literally, as no-one would have seen it and no-one would care.

however if the guy does turn out to be a kitty molester maybe ill take everything i said back and grab a torch on my way out the door!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

padraig91 wrote: »
    well perhaps he shouldnt feed it trapped defenceless animals that are torchered before they die. you can buy frozen mice in most pet shops for snakes
    People recommend you feed them live prey regularly as it's closer to their real diet. I've been told I should be feeding my turtles more live prey and the thing with reptiles is they can be picky about their food they don't have the same food drive as mammals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People that torture animals like this are usually the ones that progress to peeping toms, rape and serial killing. Well so criminal minds has thought me.
    No it's true as far as I know. Certainly a lot of serial killers were known to be animla abusers in their youth. I dont understand how anyone can get kicks from preying on the vulnerable but there are some freaks in the world. Animal abuse makes me sick. To me , anyone who preys on animals, children, elderly or any other vulnerable group should be hung drawn and quartered....in my perfect world...sigh.....

jimmymal wrote: »
    So what your telling me is that these animals would never meet in the wild? A kitten has never faced a burmese python in the wild and so one has never been killed by a python. Not even in burma?:rolleyes:

Listen i dont know much about burmese pythons, but ill assume that like all pythons they eat their prey after crushing them as they have evolved to do. Not trusting food that is already dead.

The man with his video could be seen as lovingly feeding his pet a tasty treat and in doing so gets exited about the meal recording it like a parent might record their child doing something/ anything.
    without his part in this video there would be nothing to be outraged about, literally, as no-one would have seen it and no-one would care.

however if the guy does turn out to be a kitty molester maybe ill take everything i said back and grab a torch on my way out the door!!:mad:

the problem is the kitten is left on a bed with no where to hide. in the wild its natural selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

ScumLord wrote: »
    People recommend you feed them live prey regularly as it's closer to their real diet. I've been told I should be feeding my turtles more live prey and the thing with reptiles is they can be picky about their food they don't have the same food drive as mammals.

Sure the zoo should just throw an auld live antelope into the lion enclosure.

Maybe so, but if they are so desperate to imitate their "real environment" perhaps they shouldn't have them in captivity in the first place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

jimmymal wrote: »

A wild kitten has been faced by a python at some stage I would imagine. But I would say its very rare that a domesticated kitten/cat has faced a python of this size in the wild.

I'm only guessing a wild more street wise cat/kitten wouldn't hang around too long if it was.

If you watch the video you will see the kitten sitting on the bed looking at the python and not really knowing what to do or make of it.

The man in this video is clearly seen as putting on a show. Why video it, why the christmas music, why the santa hat and christmas stocking, why rub and comfort the kitten and lure it into a false sense of security?

Because he's sick. This wasn't about feeding a hungry snake. This is about getting some sick sort of pleasure out of this.

Now that he has uploaded a video of him drowning a kitten in a bath, its almost like he's some sort of serial kitten abuser/killer getting thrills out of it.

i have terrapins (not exactly a turtle) and they seem very happy on the dry food that comes from the pet store and then a bit of cucumber and some bit of tuna the odd time. it might not be as healthy for them as live food but if they are in captivity then its unfair to throw another animal in with them just to be killed. also some of the terrapins i have are my uncles and they are about 20 years old and never had live food so i dont think they really care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

They will always act like trapped animals

How so?

Your turtle shares very few behavioral traits with a snake.

Nobody with half a brain recommends feeding live food to any reptiles ffs. Whoever told you to feed your turtle live foods is a moron.

Everything you have said is complete horsesh1t so far. Looking forward to see what you come out with next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sumpecto

People often feed live mice to snakes or live crickets to lizards and nobody cares, but feed a cute kitten to a snake and suddenly it's the worst thing in the world :rolleyes:
    What do you make of the second link?
    It's the lunatics filming and uploading these videos for their own gratification that disgusts most people, not a snake following its natural instincts.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Maybe so, but if they are so desperate to imitate their "real environment" perhaps they shouldn't have them in captivity in the first place...
    True. I don't think people should have exotic pets at all. The only reason I have turtles is because my sister bought and abandoned them.
    i have terrapins (not exactly a turtle) and they seem very happy on the dry food that comes from the pet store and then a bit of cucumber and some bit of tuna the odd time. it might not be as healthy for them as live food but if they are in captivity then its unfair to throw another animal in with them just to be killed. also some of the terrapins i have are my uncles and they are about 20 years old and never had live food so i dont think they really care
    I'm sure they can live, I could live on monster munch if I really wanted to (there is a person living on monster munch) my turtles seem to be very picky about what they'll eat. One will only eat meat the other will only eat the dry food. What I've read online though is that there supposed to certain amount of live food.

Everything you have said is complete horsesh1t so far. Looking forward to see what you come out with next.
    Google it, feeding live prey to turtles is very common.

Google it, feeding live prey to turtles is very common.

It might be common but it doesn't make it necessary. Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Either way your only feeding insects to turtles not mammals. There is no need to feed live mammals to the vast majority of reptiles commonly kept as pets, including pythons.

True. I don't think people should have exotic pets at all. The only reason I have turtles is because my sister bought and abandoned them.

I'm sure they can live, I could live on monster munch if I really wanted to (there is a person living on monster munch) my turtles seem to be very picky about what they'll eat. One will only eat meat the other will only eat the dry food. What I've read online though is that there supposed to certain amount of live food.

you wouldn't survive very long on monster munch. and considering a terrapins life expectancy is 15-20 years and some of them are already 20 (if not a bit older) i think that they must be healthy with dry food and fresh food as a treat, i know live food is meant to be good for them as it its fresh and provides exercise for them but it does not mean i condone it

you wouldn't survive very long on monster munch.
    You'd live well into your 30s at least.
    and considering a terrapins life expectancy is 15-20 years and some of them are already 20 (if not a bit older) i think that they must be healthy with dry food and fresh food as a treat, i know live food is meant to be good for them as it its fresh and provides exercise for them but it does not mean i condone it
    So it's just that you don't like the idea of it? It's not based on what's best for the animal. I don't feed mine live food because I don't really have access to it but I've seen people in America go out and catch food the turtle would have eaten in the wild and give them to their captive turtles and I'd say that's the best food they can get in captivity.

You'd live well into your 30s at least.

So it's just that you don't like the idea of it? It's not based on what's best for the animal. I don't feed mine live food because I don't really have access to it but I've seen people in America go out and catch food the turtle would have eaten in the wild and give them to their captive turtles and I'd say that's the best food they can get in captivity.

what do u mean whats best for the animal?!? they have a life expectancy of 15-20 years and some of them are past 20? and show no sign of dying what im doing does seem to be the best for the animal or atleast very good
    and what do u mean u dont have access to it? all you have to do is go to the petstore and buy some small fish and the turtles/terrapins will eat them

• Advertisement

and what do u mean u dont have access to it? all you have to do is go to the petstore and buy some small fish and the turtles/terrapins will eat them
    Ok, I'll do that then thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I wont watch the video as I know it'll bother me, I'm a cat person and have at this moment 3 kittens in the house... Kittens are not meant to be eaten by snakes and personally it's just ****ing cruel to do this then try to offend others showing the video on the net...

I realise that there are all sorts of awful things on the net... far worse than this... but it's just not right really and can't be defended rationally... cruel ***** is all i can say...

Ok, I'll do that then thanks.

idiot

fair play to her for that :) re the live food thing, i dont know enough about ti to say, but one thing I CAN say is that if he WASN'T doing it for effect then why film and broadcast it????

oh sorry i completely mis -read that! Having a few tipples... :? fair play to YOU for taking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5999091/Pet-cat-eaten-by-13ft-python.html

Happened in 2009 to another cat although it was an accident, nobody set the cat up for the python here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

People who don't see any wrong in someone feeding a cat to a snake and drowning a cat while filming both and christmas music in the backround.....well it just shows you what society has become.

I won't judge but each of you are the opposite of someone who is not mentally deranged and not a totally stupid moron.

Maybe you should offer to be his B Camera Man or edit the videos.
    Maybe one of you plays music and can compose a tune?

some seriously sick people out there.

mod: poster banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I don't want to watch that drowning video.........that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Sick fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

I don't want to watch that drowning video.........that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Sick fcuk.

Now you must be trolling!!?? How is the cruel death of this kitten different to the cruel death of the other kitten!!

Or is that people are finally starting to see there's no actual backing to the obvious sick person in the videos. Hes a sick f*ck with no other intention than to get entertainment out of the death of an animal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

To all the people on this thread who defended this fúcking lunatic, shame on you.

Have you actually seen both videos? This guy is a total cúnt.

brimal wrote: »
    To all the people on this thread who defended this fúcking lunatic, shame on you.

I don't think anyone is as such defending what he did just pointing out the hypocrisy of thinking it's bad to kill a kitten because humans like the look of them. He only did this because he knew the cat brigade would give him the hysteric attention he was craving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭missvirgo

Your opinion is nonsense. It's not a wild animal. Burmese pythons that are kept as pets are all captive bred and have never seen the wild.

There is so much wrong with this statement i don't know where to begin... sigh... Burmese pythons belong in the wild. IMO wild animals stolen from the wild, and forced to breed in unnatural conditions is cruel and the people who do it are ignorant.
    They're highly unlikely to "turn on you and try to kill you" unless they have never been handled. Same with any pet that has had little or no human interaction.

Burmese pythons/reptiles/other wild animals have no business being handled by humans.
    It is totally disrespectful of the beauty & nature of these animals.
    To all the people defending this video, what do you think of the second video they have now posted? Surely you can't still defend them?

You can't ignore that this person has now progressed to drowning an animal for fun, no other animals involved this time!

I don't think anyone is defending the man in these videos.

brimal wrote: »

Talk about missing the point of the entire last 10 pages of discussion.

cassi wrote: »
    Now you must be trolling!!?? How is the cruel death of this kitten different to the cruel death of the other kitten!!

Or is that people are finally starting to see there's no actual backing to the obvious sick person in the videos. Hes a sick f*ck with no other intention than to get entertainment out of the death of an animal!

How the hell am i trolling?!?

Earlier in the thread i was arguing the point that I saw no difference between a kitten and any other small mammals being fed to snakes, whether you agree with that or not has been covered.

Drowning a kitten on camera for a laugh.........slightly different (in my opinion)

It might have been hungry......
    Oh my God!!! It's barbaric, the poor defenseless snake. Wah, wah, wah......hysteria hysteria hysteria.......................

Things like this don't help!
    How the hell am i trolling?!?

Earlier in the thread i was arguing the point that I saw no difference between a kitten and any other small mammals being fed to snakes, whether you agree with that or not has been covered.

Drowning a kitten on camera for a laugh.........slightly different (in my opinion)

It was a one sided argument no one actually said they were only horrified because they though the kitten was cute, the hyprocrisy criers were the only people to and they were put straight but still they continued to ignore.

Do you not also see it hyprocritical to find the video of the kitten being drowned for fun worse than the video of the kitten being fed to the snake for fun??

• Advertisement

cassi wrote: »

Do you not also see it hyprocritical to find the video of the kitten being drowned for fun worse than the video of the kitten being fed to the snake for fun??

Not really no.

This is just my opinion of course but I'm entitled to it......I'm not intentionally trying to anger anybody, but there it is.

Right.... good luck with that so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I don't think anyone is as such defending what he did just pointing out the hypocrisy of thinking it's bad to kill a kitten because humans like the look of them. He only did this because he knew the cat brigade would give him the hysteric attention he was craving.

I'm sorry Sir, but you have done nothing but talk complete and utter bullsh!t and scutter in this thread.

Your talkin through your fockin hoop.

Your not pointing out hypocrisy your arguing and trying to be controversial for a reaction, no different to the absolute freak that fed the snake the kitten in the first place.

I have said it already and i've said it again, this wasn't about feeding a starving snake.

This was pure sick and evil mainly down to him setting up the filming of it and the christmas music. And the videoing of him drowning another kitten in a bat further backs up this assumption of almost everyone on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lsl

I think some of you are missing the point here, we know animals eat animals thats nature, this 'Christmas Video' was made purely for sick evil entertainment, the perpetrator(s) are evil, it is kittens now what will be next, the overlaid song on this film I believe is the song played by the EVIL moors murderers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley as they murdered a little girl so why did they choose that. I live in Islington I hope he/they are caught and PUNISHED soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

What if the kitten grew up to be the next Hitler would people be so outraged?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lsl

to Hazy your comment does not make sense to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

lsl wrote: »
    to Hazy your comment does not make sense to me

It's called trying (and failing miserably) to be funny.

missvirgo wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with this statement i don't know where to begin... sigh... Burmese pythons belong in the wild. IMO wild animals stolen from the wild, and forced to breed in unnatural conditions is cruel and the people who do it are ignorant.

Fancy giving a few reasons why they shouldn't be kept or how it is cruel?

You can't force a snake to breed. They'll do it when the conditions provided for them are right. However you can force dogs to breed and this practice is widespread with artificial insemination becoming popular with many dog breeders

You're entitled to your opinion but I feel you are perched high on top of your horse without really understanding what keeping reptiles is all about.

If you are against keeping any pets I respect your opinion, otherwise it's uneducated nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

They are captive bred and alot reptile species are actually quite difficult to breed. I saw this story on a few reptile forums and as much as I hate cats I think it was a horrible thing to not only feed the kitten to the snake but filming it and posting online for kicks. I have never fed my own reptiles live but if I had to I would but I wouldn't even tell people about it if I did ever do it, it may be illegal to cause the mouse, rat etc unneeded pain but the snake would suffer too and thats neglect then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭carrick79

Wow I can't take any more, I started at page 1 and got up to about 15, then I stopped reading.The following quote was from 12 pages ago, and yet an argument seemingly still rages. I just don't get it. Btw TerrorFirmer, top man :)
    Tasteless? That's beyond tasteless - that's a sadistic, disgusting human being, and the argument regarding a snakes diet is irrelevant to the most disturbing aspect to that clip - that someone went to such lengths to lull a kitten into a false sense of security and greatly emphasize the kittens status as a domesticated, and seemingly beloved pet by putting it in a stocking and kissing it - and then feed it to a snake for his own enjoyment. No-one ever said they're indifferent to the potential plights of mice/rats/any other of a million and one animals that perish each and every day as a result of nature taking a course, that was never an issue. Feeding a live kitten to a pet snake in such a manner - as that conducted in the video - is not natures course, it's a sick individual who is clearly somewhat disturbed and took great enjoyment in acting out a scenario that he deemed would cause the greatest emotional reaction possible. Plenty of frozen food is available for snakes, there is no reason to feed it a live kitten. And even regarding live food, and stupid comments like feeding at zoos, I don't really think one would see zoo-keepers kissing and cuddling said food sources and wrapping them in festive bows before coaxing them into the mouths of relevant predator. No-ones arguing natures course, or the food chain, or that snakes are bad. But the manner in which this sick individual went about this, is beyond defense and in my opinion he deserves severe punishment. If I read a story about a snake eating a kitten as a simple occurrence of nature, it wouldn't even phase me 10% of what the nature of this story does.

The issue here is more so the individual and how he orchestrated this, not the snake, not the kitten, not the food chain, not what snakes usually eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Serial killers usually start out by torturing animals. The person may be a psychopath - the inability to feel empathy for the kitten - emulating normal human anthropomorphization of animals by dressing them up etc, before feeding it to a python would seem to indicate he knows human behavior but is unable to understand the emotional attachment it creates.

I would feel equally disturbed if it was a pet rat fed to a python, the fact that humans keep an animal as a pet elevates that animal to a higher status as we attach emotions to it.

The issue here is that this person needs a psychiatric evaluation before he may become dangerous to humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hazys wrote: »
    What if the kitten grew up to be the next Hitler would people be so outraged?

You said it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭missvirgo

Fancy giving a few reasons why they shouldn't be kept or how it is cruel?

You can't force a snake to breed. They'll do it when the conditions provided for them are right. However you can force dogs to breed and this practice is widespread with artificial insemination becoming popular with many dog breeders

You're entitled to your opinion but I feel you are perched high on top of your horse without really understanding what keeping reptiles is all about.

If you are against keeping any pets I respect your opinion, otherwise it's uneducated nonsense.

Well for a start, they are taken from their natural habitat. Just because a snake in captivity is alive, and conditions for breeding are replicated, doesn't mean the snake is at it's best or thriving. Snakes can't talk, but if they could i'm sure they would say something like, "leave me the **** alone'. Every animal adapts to its surroundings for survival, a light in some closed in box imo is not a sufficient substitute for the sun and the natural territory of a snake.

Believe me i am not perched on my high horse... I happen to have thought about this all my life and feel strongly that alot of animals should not be kept as pets. I have also explored the area of human's relationship with animals for example the dog.
    The dog has become domesticated over the years, resulting from a necessary reliance of humans on dogs for protection/hunting etc. This is fine. I dont agree with forcing dogs to breed either btw.
    I have had many pets over the years, and i have learned that for me, true respect of animals & wildlife, true appreciation of their beauty can only be observed while in their natural habitat. That is why i am forever in the fields/rivers/woodlands/wetlands etc. with my daughter so that i can learn & teach my daughter about nature & it's wonders. The only 'pet' i keep, is a cat whom i have spayed and she wanders freely. I keep her to prevent rats, as i live in the country. When she comes home for cuddles, its great. :)

I am not claiming i know everything & i am right, i'm just giving my opinion.
    They are captive bred and alot reptile species are actually quite difficult to breed. I saw this story on a few reptile forums and as much as I hate cats I think it was a horrible thing to not only feed the kitten to the snake but filming it and posting online for kicks. I have never fed my own reptiles live but if I had to I would but I wouldn't even tell people about it if I did ever do it, it may be illegal to cause the mouse, rat etc unneeded pain but the snake would suffer too and thats neglect then.

If i had reptiles, i would feed them live animals without a shadow of a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

So has the maker of the video been 4chan'd yet?

missvirgo wrote: »
    Well for a start, they are taken from their natural habitat. Just because a snake in captivity is alive, and conditions for breeding are replicated, doesn't mean the snake is at it's best or thriving. Snakes can't talk, but if they could i'm sure they would say something like, "leave me the **** alone'. Every animal adapts to its surroundings for survival, a light in some closed in box imo is not a sufficient substitute for the sun and the natural territory of a snake.

All animals kept as pets were taken from the wild. If you take hamsters as an example. They were only introduced as pets in the 1960's to 1970's. A lot of snakes have been kept and bred as pets since before this.

The majority of snakes in the wild have a very small territory. Often only leaving cover to feed or mate. Snakes kept in large enclosures in captivity often don't do very well as they are naturally agoraphobic.

Generally people who keep reptiles have done lots of research as to how to keep them. I would imagine that the level of care reptiles recieve over all far surpasses that of dogs, cats or the raft of small mammals people keep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement