Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books in 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Might have a reread of Best served cold

Saladin Ahmed's Throne of the Crescent Moon is absolutely blowing me away. It's a fairly straight forward book but it has some old fashioned magic in it, miles away from the technical Sanderson stuff. Some good characters in it and I can see a bit of a Ambercrombie style spin on some fantasy troupes coming down the line.
    Relatively short book as well in under 300 pages but there's undertones of a bigger gameafoot.
    Not finished yet, have about 100 pages left, but plan on finishing it later.
    Fantasy book of 2012 already?

Well so far only have read Whispers Underground of the four titles in my opening post and I really enjoyed that.
    One of them has been pushed back to 2013 but the opening chapter has been put up on TOR, its Memory of Light for all you Jordan die hards out there, GRRM fans need not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

And in Lynchwatch, we now have a Release date: May 6, 2014 .

Where's that list of previous release dates? Must be starting to look seriously impressive now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Think Rothfuss might have eventually started working on his third book as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Trojan wrote: »
    And in Lynchwatch, we now have a Release date: May 6, 2014 .
    Those dates are just a joke and have no basis in anything - based on the author's own words. At least he's writing the damn thing now anyway (going by his twitter account).

Advertisement