Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre is very busy today

• 03-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

I'm just home from being in the city centre this morning and it was busier than I've seen it for ages.

I even had to queue for 20 mins. for a table in O'Connor's restaurant in Thomas St.

Certainly makes a change. Not sure, though, how much all this translates into 'spend', but it looked like the pre-Christmas Saturdays of yester-year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

good to see, unfortunately, it's not that busy every other week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Just home from the city centre myself and it was great to see a lot of people in town and a nice buzz about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

mmm i was in there at 11am...and drove straight through with no issues and it looked very quite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Should hope it was busier now that we are in December.

The forced cancellation of Paul Willams' book signing in town may have brought in extra rubber neckers as well. Seems there was a threat made against him/the book signing by local criminals which Gardai took seriously enough to tell Eason/Paul Williams that it would be too big a risk to go ahead with the signing.

Seems the local criminals were flexing their muscles again and dictating what happens. No doubt it will become great publicity for Williams' book, but unfortunately it is more bad press for Limerick as the one city where he could not do his signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Think there was some kind of street festival on William Street today as well, lots of free food and special offers. Might have drawn extra people to town. Great to see that things might be picking up in the centre again. I intend to do all my Christmas shopping in the city centre if I can and avoid the out of town retail parks, especially the Crescent. It gets enough business - spread the cash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

BESman wrote: »
    Think there was some kind of street festival on William Street today as well, lots of free food and special offers. Might have drawn extra people to town. Great to see that things might be picking up in the centre again. I intend to do all my Christmas shopping in the city centre if I can and avoid the out of town retail parks, especially the Crescent. It gets enough business - spread the cash!

ohhhh thats right the traders of upper william street had a festival...completely forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Thought town was very busy today, it was fantastic to see! I wonder if the free on street parking had anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Was great to see town so busy, lots of reasons xmas in few weeks, no rain :), free on street parking.

Advertisement