Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip replaced on a leather jacket Q?.

Options
  • 03-12-2011 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I might get this done?.

Its a motorbike jacket so its pretty heavy leather and I understand not everywhere can repair leather?.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Check out the 4th post here, give them a call. Maybe they can help you themselves or point you to somewhere else.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056469796

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Anyone know where I might get this done?.

Its a motorbike jacket so its pretty heavy leather and I understand not everywhere can repair leather?.

Thanks.

you sure you need to get it replaced?

mine stopped working a few weeks back. turns out it was just the slider. I went into hickeys and got a replacement (well... the a slider and zip replacement as they come together but I just used the slider).

at the top of the zip, the slider can come off if you remove a piece of metal that is pinched to the zip to keep the slider from coming off. a needle nose pliers, a very small flathead screwdriver and a diagonal pliers did the job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

There's a place on Abbey Street, a tailors/alteration place with a yellow sign, you have to go downstairs. It's across the road from the Arnotts shop on Abbey Street. They can do them well.

Advertisement