Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Town- Share The Feeling (Christmas Video)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Surely we've done the racially diverse members of our community a favour by not being in the video?

I don't like that white people from Ennis are being portrayed as less cool than other races. It's a blatant example of reverse discrimination and I won't stand for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Evening All

After receiving some PM's my fellow mods and c'mods have reviewed this and we are going to reopen this thread.

However

This will be the last warning with regards to personal abuse towards fellow posters.
    I suggest everyone take some time out to read the boards.ie posting guidelines.

Posting Guidelines.

I have deleted the last few posts to clean up the thread.

Also i would ask that this is not turned into a discussion on why the thread was reopened. Lets keep it on the original topic please.

Thanks

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I'm glad this thread is open again so I can get to say how much I enjoyed the video and to congratulate all the people involved for doing such a fine job. Well done Ennis:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I. for one loved it!! I sent to all my friends abroad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I have to say I love this video!

Do we REALLY need a "token" non national to be politically correct?

Ennis has a big community of non nationals if they wanted to get involved they were more than welcome to do so, the fact that they didn't bother should say something should it not??
    I hope I dont offend the moderator with this post but we are not non nationals and we each have a nationality, some of us are even black Irish.
    The term non nationals is quite offensive and I would prefer if you just called us foreigners, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I hope I dont offend the moderator with this post but we are not non nationals and we each have a nationality, some of us are even black Irish.
    The term non nationals is quite offensive and I would prefer if you just called us foreigners, thank you.

At the end of the day we're all just people.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

At the end of the day we're all just people.:cool:
    Speak for yourself, the ladies call me The Machine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Love it or Hate it.......... but the Ennis Shop Local video campaign has made the shortlist of RTÉ’s "The Business" Christmas Towns Competition.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8457:ennis-shop-local-campaign-shortlisted-in-national-competition&catid=74:general&Itemid=60

Some of the organising committee pictured at Empire Movieplex
    youtube-clip-premiere-07-12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

The video is nicely done but ... there is a little sadness/melancholy about it which shouldn't be there at the time of the Holidays (not to use the word "Christmas" ;) ). There is no buzz, the streets are deserted which doesn't reflect the town, especially at this time of the year.
    My 2 cents ...
    Valerie

ValerieR wrote: »
    The video is nicely done but ... there is a little sadness/melancholy about it which shouldn't be there at the time of the Holidays (not to use the word "Christmas" ;) ). There is no buzz, the streets are deserted which doesn't reflect the town, especially at this time of the year.
    My 2 cents ...
    Valerie
    That puts it in a nut shell for me. Its tone unbalances the inspiration it's supposed to generate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Diving Board

there is a little sadness/melancholy about it which shouldn't be there at the time of the Holidays (not to use the word "Christmas" ;) ).
    My 2 cents ...
    Valerie
    I agree with your point but I dont understand, why don't you want to use the word "Christmas"?

I agree with your point but I dont understand, why don't you want to use the word "Christmas"?
    In the company I work for, "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" is used in messages and cards so those of other religious faiths and none are not offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

MrsD007 wrote: »
    In the company I work for, "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" is used in messages and cards so those of other religious faiths and none are not offended.

I was just referring to the fact that people were complaining earlier in this thread about the lack of mention of cultural diversity. The Americans refer to this season as the Holiday season .... maybe we should do just like them ... :D

Valerie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I was just referring to the fact that people were complaining earlier in this thread about the lack of mention of cultural diversity. The Americans refer to this season as the Holiday season .... maybe we should do just like them ... :D

Valerie

An American Christmas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCnUDCWkeM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

And another American way to mark Christmas

http://youtu.be/BKNDVwYXk4A

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

With respect to *most* previous posters, <edit> Ennis is a town we <edit> should be proud of. Many of the shops around here are quaint lovely places and its not completely commercial which aint a bad thing. The video in my opinion is excellent- Fair play to all those involved in the video and fair play for those to get off their back sides.

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    With respect to *most* previous posters, I think Ennis is a town we all should be proud of.
    With all due respect I don't think anyone indicated that they weren't proud of Ennis so you're twisting things a bit there. Unless you're trying to claim that disliking the video makes you automatically not proud.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I never said people weren't proud, I just think some of the above posts above weren't necessary to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I thought the video was kind of embarrassing really

begarra begarra come see our little town, its lovely, meh...

its not really, its a hole these days imo, & where were the tracksuit's and oompaloompa's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Out of curiosity, why was the poll closed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks like cause that's when it was due to close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Clareman wrote: »
    Looks like cause that's when it was due to close

oh,ok:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah. I think it's my fault there. I only set it to be open for a week. Sorry!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That'd explain it, problem between keyboard and chair :)

Clareman wrote: »
    That'd explain it, problem between keyboard and chair :)

PEBKAC (Pronounced peb-cack) - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

That of course was a term from the 90's. The term we use these days in the industry is that its a layer 8 issue.

(Think OSI)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

What a Kilkenny videographer got when he took his camera and mic on the streets
    http://youtu.be/EumgF-837qk

Balagan - That is an excellent video, thanks for posting it :) It reminds me a little of this one.

Fifty people one question? It wasn't half as entertaining as two girls one cup.

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CptSternn wrote: »
    Fifty people one question? It wasn't half as entertaining as two girls one cup.
    ;)

Hahaha!
    Don't forget Funnel Girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And with that rubbish we are well and truly done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement