Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Filled Pasta

Options
  • 03-12-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

We've just gotten a pasta machine and I've been trying to think of interesting fillings. I think I'm going to try mushroom and spinach ones, but that's a pretty boring combination.

Anyone have any tried and tested recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I haven't tried it yet, but I've always wanted to make egg yolk ravioli. You make your pasta and you use a whole egg yolk as the filling, without breaking it. The cooking should poach the yolk so it's cooked but not set. Mmmmm, nomnomnom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Google squash, parmeasan and sage. Its gorgeous in filled pasta. Think it is a Jamie Oliver one I use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

kylith wrote: »
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've always wanted to make egg yolk ravioli. You make your pasta and you use a whole egg yolk as the filling, without breaking it. The cooking should poach the yolk so it's cooked but not set. Mmmmm, nomnomnom.

My brother does this with the sandwich toaster. He lines the frist slice on the machine and presses it slightly so that it is slightly dipped so that it holds the egg.

He cracks the egg straight onto the bread and then covers it with the other slice and brings the lid down. It has to be done quite quickly and he has it down to a fine art.

I like to put the crispy onion that you get in the Polish shops in it. Yammy!

Advertisement