Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

penning lambs for mart

• 03-12-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

have 5 lambs around 41-42kg was going to bring to mart, normally sell to factory so not 100% how to pen them. there is 3 wethers, 1 ewe lamb and 1 ram lamb. my first idea was to put 3 wethers and ewe together and ram lamb separate but not sure if that's the best option. Or would i be better putting them altogether? any suggestions? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

eorna wrote: »
    have 5 lambs around 41-42kg was going to bring to mart, normally sell to factory so not 100% how to pen them. there is 3 wethers, 1 ewe lamb and 1 ram lamb. my first idea was to put 3 wethers and ewe together and ram lamb separate but not sure if that's the best option. Or would i be better putting them altogether? any suggestions? thanks

put the 3 wethers and the ram lamb together and sell the ewe lamb separate. U might get a premium for the ewe lamb even though she is a bit light for breeding so it might be just the factory men who would buy it. But is worth trying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

3 wethers in one lot.
    1 ewe in one lot.
    1 ram in one lot.

Do not sell them all together!

You'd be surprised who's out there only looking for one or two animals instead of larger lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

thanks for advise will sell separate see how we get on, i thought 1 single animal would be harder to sell as i didn't think people would bother buying 1 lamb but as i said don't go to mart that often..but sure worth a try. thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

eorna wrote: »
    thanks for advise will sell separate see how we get on, i thought 1 single animal would be harder to sell as i didn't think people would bother buying 1 lamb but as i said don't go to mart that often..but sure worth a try. thanks again.

I sold two small 3/4 cheviot ewe lambs last weekend, €78 a piece which I was happy with, 3 wethers made somewhere between 81-83 I forget now. All depends on who wants what and why.

Advertisement