Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My PS3 wont play some PS1 games properly

• 03-12-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I recently bought a brand spanking new PS3 Slim 160 GB. Its a great system though only 1 issue with it - It won't play some PS1 games properly.

I bought both Tomb Raider 1 & 2 off of e-bay last week, while Tomb Raider 1 plays fine with no glitches, Tomb Raider 2 will load the main menu screen but when I select a new game it will just go black screen, and will not load the game itself. There are no sign scratches on the TR2 disc.

Has anyone encountered this problem and overcome it? Can anyone give me a tip that might solve this problem.

Thanks
    WB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

No tip for your current problem as i have only a few PS1 discs and they all work fine on my system, but the games you brought off e-bay are available to buy from the PS store as digital copies saved to your systems hard-drive.
    Which is much handier as any ive brought off the store have always worked without any problems.

They also have alot, but not all, of ps1 classics on the store so for any future purchases id recommend buying from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Klair88 wrote: »
    No tip for your current problem as i have only a few PS1 discs and they all work fine on my system, but the games you brought off e-bay are available to buy from the PS store as digital copies saved to your systems hard-drive.
    Which is much handier as any ive brought off the store have always worked without any problems.

They also have alot, but not all, of ps1 classics on the store so for any future purchases id recommend buying from there!

Thanks for the quick reply lad,

Yea I was looking allrite and I could have got the 5 Tomb Raider PS1 Games on the PS Store for €30!! I Should have done so! Il be along to Game Stop for a €50 PS Store card soon! (Or Maybe Santy will bring one! ;) haha)

Id Imagine There is some sort of Emulator Malfunction for TR 2 as to why it didnt work. Its a shame I gave away my collection of PS1 Games years ago!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Not what you want to hear but the Ps1 is probably the cheapest "retro" console to pick up , if you fancy one as a backup .Usually 10-15 is the going price on adverts.ie (unless they're trying to sell it with a huge collection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Slightly OT but does anyone know the story with PSone downloads not being transferable from ps3 to psp anymore since the 4.0 firmware update? I heard you need to redownload games instead of being able to transfer them from ps3 if they've been installed already, or something like that. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The running capacity for PS1 games on PS3 is all over the place. Tried to play FFVIII there a year ago, dics 1 and 2 gave the black screen as you got, but 3 and 4 were fine. No scratches on any of them, even dug out my PS2 and gave them all a spin and nary a problem. How can half the discs work and half not work from a single game?

• Advertisement
Advertisement