Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Prolactin levels.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

God poor you :( did u get results from today yet? Hair loss sounds like stress

Nope, I'll have to ring the doctor in week to see but he said bloods will have to be taken throughout the month to see if it's rising and dropping. I'm not really that stressed though...:-/. Maybe I am subconsciously...?? But could it actually be stress for that length of time??? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 29 helserbelser

could be for this length of time subconsiously...but if you aren't stressing though Maguic?

could be for this length of time subconsiously...but if you aren't stressing though Maguic?

I don't know. The doc said it could be a small prolactinoma but not to worry too much as meds will sort it out. He said it was very common. My period arrived yesterday, 4 days early, last month it was 7 days late. It's very frustrating as I never know when it will be and it used to be very regular, as I would know exactly what day it would come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 jm84

Hi Ladies,

maguic24 its so hard waiting for those results esp when a doctor says it could be a small prolactinema...I was told I had high prolactin levels last July, mine were about 1800, and had 3 blood tests since then, one went down to 800 but then back up, been on medication since July, endo doubled it in december and still no bfp! but Avonenniskerry your success story gives hope! ;)

jm84 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

maguic24 its so hard waiting for those results esp when a doctor says it could be a small prolactinema...I was told I had high prolactin levels last July, mine were about 1800, and had 3 blood tests since then, one went down to 800 but then back up, been on medication since July, endo doubled it in december and still no bfp! but Avonenniskerry your success story gives hope! ;)

I rang the doc today, the results are in but the secretary can't give them out so I am waiting for the doc to call. We'll see what happens then, I'll probs have to go in. Sorry to hear that, I'm sure once the prolactin goes back to normal you'll be pregnant in no time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Chass88

Not sure if this post is still active... I too have high prolactin. Doc ran tests after I complained of irregular/frequent periods, and migraines and prolactin results came back high (730) and have been referred to mater endocrinology dept. Has anyone had severe migraines as well as high prolactin? I am not trying to conceive right now, but am concerned about migraines. Referral letter was sent about 2 months ago, but have not heard or received any word back yet. I don't want to react unless I'm told there is something, but also I just don't know enough about what prolactin affects. Just looking to find out a bit more information from someone who has been/ or is in same situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

Hey, I am not sure if this thread is still active but hopefully somebody can help me with some answers. I have high prolactin levels it's in the 4000 region. I am waiting for the Referral appointment. I have read the possible side effects of the medication prescribed by the doctors and I have to admit the side effects sound pretty scary. I am not trying to conceive so I am wary of taking the medication due to the possible side effects. Can anybody tell me how bad are the side effects. Please

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I didnt have side effects, so it can depend on the person. Perhaps discuss it with your endocrinologist to see what they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

Thanks neyite, I discussed stuff with my gp, she said that unless I was trying to conceive there was no major rush. I got a fright when I looked up the meds myself. Nothing like Dr Google to frighten peeps!

Advertisement