Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 6th Patch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was going to have a quick game before bed - forgot about the patch, so it's downloading now. Annoying.

Disappointing to hear about the need for a metric frak ton of rockets to take a tank out now - it was pretty easy to keep tanks alive already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

****ing patch has almost broken the game mechanics. Nerfed guns, the overpowered F2000 wasn't touched, SCARs are just ****ing everything up, the M16 is gone to ****, the G36C has turned to crap too. Tanks and jets just rape the maps now.

Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Enderman wrote: »
    ****ing patch has almost broken the game mechanics. Nerfed guns, the overpowered F2000 wasn't touched, SCARs are just ****ing everything up, the M16 is gone to ****, the G36C has turned to crap too. Tanks and jets just rape the maps now.

Absolute joke.

Yep, they've made a complete and utter balls of it.

The mines don't appear to be any different either, despite what the patch notes say.

The game appears choppier, and nearly every server I've been on seems to have lag for some damn reason.

Stingers are still just as useless, as there appears to be no difference in the damage they do, or indeed the flare reload time.

Tanks are bloody impossible to kill as infantry now. Takes 2 shots right up the rear to just disable one, where 1 would have done it before. And forget about firing at the sides or front, you'll be out of RPG's before the tank is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Well under the bonnet DICE have worked wonders :D
    This was the first time I've gone through a full nights playing without a single crash.
    Before I was crashing on every single map change, was a real pain in the hole. Played great tonight wayhey! Well pleased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I didn't want to jinx it but this was also my experience tonight. Still have issues with having to try a few times to connect to a server though.
    Also experienced the bug where your mouse clicks stop registering on the deploy screen for the first time.

I did feel my frame rate getting a bit choppy so I lowered some of the visuals.

As for the balance tweaks I can't say I've any problems with them. Did they even touch the SCAR or G36C?

Can anyone explain the F2000 love to me? Unlocked it a few days ago but found the recoil was too high. Still think the M4A3 is the best rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

????

Have they changed the points needed to unlock stuff in co-op???

I just went from having only the rex unlocked to having 4 of them unlocked according to battlelog???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yep..reduced the co-op score cos it was absolutely bananas..I'm only a few points away from the G3, but my god, I tried to do the chopper mission there...absolute frustration compared to my first attempt at it near release..I was stuck in with a guy who had no idea how to fly..fortunately, he died straight away and it put me in pilot position, I said i'd continue with him for another shot at me flying..which went well..except he wouldn't shoot anything...I kept going..testing my patience until finally we cleared it. I flew, but he didn't seeem to realise he had guided missiles for the vehicles...a frustrating experience! They really need to add text chat to co-op...all I had to say was "press 2 for guided missles" :( and shout obscenities at him!

err..and that's the end of my 2.50am rant..........oh god i have an exam in 5 hours..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Can someone confirm if you're in a tank you can see enemy mines on your mini-map?

On the Mortar Hud, everything shows up, enemy mines, claymores etc show up in red, it's a complete arse about face balance issue.

Patch appears to be a steaming pile of turd.

karma_ wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if you're in a tank you can see enemy mines on your mini-map?

On the Mortar Hud, everything shows up, enemy mines, claymores etc show up in red, it's a complete arse about face balance issue.

Patch appears to be a steaming pile of turd.

I certainly did.

The patch is the worst thing to happen to a game that was pretty much ok from the get go.

If they merely fixed the stability and connection issues, there really was no need for all of this 'balance' b0llox.

I certainly did.

The patch is the worst thing to happen to a game that was pretty much ok from the get go.

If they merely fixed the stability and connection issues, there really was no need for all of this 'balance' b0llox.

Clucking Bell.

You would be hard pressed to believe this lot have actually made BF games before.

• Advertisement

Clucking Bell.

You would be hard pressed to believe this lot have actually made BF games before.

Any server I joined last night seemed very laggy too. I wonder if its the introduction of that server smoothness option thing? Might have to play around with it.

Oh, and lets not forget the fabulous ability to see everyone's ping on the scoreboard. Well, apart from your own. We were all asking each other what our own pings were last night lol

More info about mines, disregard the patch notes, they DO NOT disappear after you die, they remain persistent, you can now only lay 6, if you lay more the previous disappear.

More info about mines, disregard the patch notes, they DO NOT disappear after you die, they remain persistent, you can now only lay 6, if you lay more the previous disappear.

Which actually makes more sense. (and is what I observed playing last night).

Could they not at least get the patch notes right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

On the mines minimap thing, do they show up automatically or only if someone spots them.

On the mines minimap thing, do they show up automatically or only if someone spots them.

Automatically, it would appear.

Thats boll0x then. i was wondering how my C4 got spotted a few times yesterday.

What I will say is it didn't appear to happen always, as I found a few around the map by seeing them on the road, not the mini map.

Probably down to spotting then.

Probably down to spotting then.

I don't think so. Now I can't speak too much on armour, as I tend to stay on foot, but when I was testing the mortar, I could actually see the engineers planting them. They would plant and I would land a shell on them. Same with claymores, which are not too likely to be spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Could they not at least get the patch notes right?

ah now , you are asking a bit much :p

• Advertisement

Heh after weeks of complaining about the chat window, the new one is initially distracting by how small it is and easy it is to miss a message due to it being shrinked so much :D

guess I got use to godzilla chat window...

While the font is clearer I'm not sold on the location of the box or the fact they removed the green font from squad chat.

they only removed it when you talked i thought?

others still show up as green?

Could be the case alright, just something I thought I noticed while using it yesterday.

Is there a way to bring the chat window back up to see comments? Its sort of annoying when you miss one. Though I think you can now press 'H' to get rid of it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Is there a way to bring the chat window back up to see comments? Its sort of annoying when you miss one. Though I think you can now press 'H' to get rid of it altogether.

Think I read somewhere it's just a matter of pressing h a few times to set how it appears,
    on, when messages appear, or off? Haven't had a chance to play it properly. Love a bigass update in the middle of exams!

Think I read somewhere it's just a matter of pressing h a few times to set how it appears,
    on, when messages appear, or off? Haven't had a chance to play it properly. Love a bigass update in the middle of exams!

Best of luck with the study so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the G36C has turned to crap too.
    Yeah, wasn't sure - thought my game wasn't the best, or something. Bleurgh!

the_syco wrote: »
    Yeah, wasn't sure - thought my game wasn't the best, or something. Bleurgh!

Yep, myself and Cherry were very disappointed last night playing when we both realised our beloved G36C's were now steaming piles of crap, and everyone was using the F2000...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

he G36C has turned to crap too.

That's bollix, I have 994 kills with the G36C, I loved that weapon and it was far from overpowered.

Advertisement