Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 6th Patch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

All these patch threads have convinced me to get in as much BF3 as I can, 360 hasn't gotten any patch yet and its great, mine spam FTW! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Tact light changes are good, it really got on my nerves when a small torch would blind me in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Tact light changes are good, it really got on my nerves when a small torch would blind me in broad daylight.

A tactical light isn't a small torch, and one would blind you in daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

A tactical light isn't a small torch, and one would blind you in daylight.

yeah , but the distance over which it would blind you in daylight was ridiculous .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

And at 100 meters it wouldn't cover you with a big round white cloaking device like it was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Being able to see enemy mines on the mini-map whilst in a tank - great for the tank driver, but doesn't make sense as a game mechanic, so I dunno about that. Do Tank shells seem stronger vs Tanks?

Anyway, I had fun this evening between Craggy Island and the Boards Servers so I guess that's the main thing and at least the patch hasn't broken *that* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Able to select left thumb mouse button to malee; WOOT!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Constant random disconnects since patch, never had a single issue with the game before patch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Anyone else using eyefinity notice quite a significant drop in frame rate since this patch, even on lowest settings??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well the more I play it the more I dislike it.....TBH BC2:Vietnam was a much better game all round.

They put so much time and effort into making things look pretty and towers falling automatically on caspian, to having your legs pop up when jumping over little fences.....and ****ED EVERY OTHER THING UP.

NERFING THE M4A1.....REALLY DICE.....REALLY YOU *****. THE MOST BALANCED GUN IN THE GAME AND YOU **** AROUND WITH IT.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

bc2 vietnam was a load of bollox. the original maps were much better.

i like the patch. like everything, takes a little getting used to.
    but that time is over with now, and everythings back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is it me or did they reduce the lock on distance for the CITV station on the tanks? Had to be up real close to the heli's to get a lock on. They seemed to have knacked anything that involves anti-air.

The M416 seems to have been knocked back too, more of a kick to it and is almost completely useless against the f2000 now. I keep saying it but i still can't believe they didn't touch the f2000, everyones bloody using it now.

This game is ****ed up now,had a good sniper battle with a guy lastnight, he killed me 8 times and i killed him 6 times yet the scoreboard says he had K/D of 25/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Dcully wrote: »
    This game is ****ed up now,had a good sniper battle with a guy lastnight, he killed me 8 times and i killed him 6 times yet the scoreboard says he had K/D of 25/1.

Did he get revived?

Did he get revived?

Could have but if so that in itself is silly, he died end of :)
    Im finding new issues everytime i play, countless times i got an enemy to 0% yet he lives lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It seems like it doesn't count it if he is revived ? I used claymores for the first time last night , thought I planted them really sneakily ( is that a word ? ) , covering our back along a passageway on Grand Bazaar . One went off and "you killed xxxx " two seconds later and the other went off ... got the same guy again ( I sniggered :D ) , round ended checked stats no claymore kills .

Could have but if so that in itself is silly, he died end of :)
    Im finding new issues everytime i play, countless times i got an enemy to 0% yet he lives lol.

I had something similar last night, pumped half a clip into some dude, but he killed me. The "killcam" showed him with 100% health though.

I had something similar last night, pumped half a clip into some dude, but he killed me. The "killcam" showed him with 100% health though.

Were you near a wall or fence? i find lots of spots on them where your bullets won't go through a fence or you're around a corner and the bullets seem to go nowhere, however someone can shoot them from the other side.

Were you near a wall or fence? i find lots of spots on them where your bullets won't go through a fence or you're around a corner and the bullets seem to go nowhere, however someone can shoot them from the other side.

No obstacles, it was just north of the Forest point in Caspian Border. He was about 20 yards from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

jonski wrote: »
    It seems like it doesn't count it if he is revived ? I used claymores for the first time last night , thought I planted them really sneakily ( is that a word ? ) , covering our back along a passageway on Grand Bazaar . One went off and "you killed xxxx " two seconds later and the other went off ... got the same guy again ( I sniggered :D ) , round ended checked stats no claymore kills .

You still get the kill if he is revived, just he says his "life". I like that to be honest.

Claymore kills dont show up on battlelog for some reason, only on that BF3stats site. I should know I have nearly 200 kills (4th highest weapon!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Having the EXACT same issue. I'm beginning to think that hit detection has been completely ****ed up, and the guns themselves aren't touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It's more likely to be an issue with the kill cam. Your team mates hp bars are pretty buggy too, you can watch them eat rounds, hp bar stays fulls, drop your medkit and they start healing off it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I've also had the black screen which just hangs between maps, just says loading when it obviously isn't, did not have this prior to teh update. also getting a lot of stuttering gameplay which I wasn't experiencing earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Game runs better for me and dont crash between maps. Found middle on the network thingie is perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That happened to me before the patch. Got shot, had 0% health, killed someone, got killed.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Found middle on the network thingie is perfect for me.
    I'm guessing he means his router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

No, he is refering to:
    Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah best to look at that network thingy cause its default seems to be set on full blast and bringing it down a bit tends to improve performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Did anyone get solider skins not loading? I was playing last night and many of my teams medics looked like they didn't have any textures on them (but just that class). They had the look of bright clay – kind of cool actually. Just started see this since this patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

grizzly wrote: »
    Did anyone get solider skins not loading? I was playing last night and many of my teams medics looked like they didn't have any textures on them (but just that class). They had the look of bright clay – kind of cool actually. Just started see this since this patch.

They were probably wearing the Spec Ops camo. They made a balls of it in the patch.

• Advertisement

Yeah that really annoyed me, they nerf the irnv(not by much) then they nerf the spec ops camo.

-Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
    -Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo

Advertisement