Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 6th Patch

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Yeah that really annoyed me, they nerf the irnv(not by much) then they nerf the spec ops camo.

-Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
    -Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo

I not sure, the IRNV nerf is pretty bad, on some maps it's just pointless, the only map it's semi-useful on is Seine.

I'm not sure what your man Kertz is playing at if he's in charge of balance but he's signing off on some fundamentally awful balance decisions (mines in particular). Apparently he will be posting today about further tweaks they plan to implement since the patch, and having to do this 3 days after a large patch is just unbelievable.

I can't stand teh fact that I'm even complaining about this, have always loved the Battlefield franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's stll pretty good though, yeah long range is nerfed but i find i register targets quicker with the colours the player shows up in irnv, basically negating any sort of camo, and most people still seem to be using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Wow, Engie AA is entirely useless now...
    Only got to use it there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

karma_ wrote: »
    I not sure, the IRNV nerf is pretty bad, on some maps it's just pointless, the only map it's semi-useful on is Seine.

I'm not sure what your man Kertz is playing at if he's in charge of balance but he's signing off on some fundamentally awful balance decisions (mines in particular). Apparently he will be posting today about further tweaks they plan to implement since the patch, and having to do this 3 days after a large patch is just unbelievable.

I can't stand teh fact that I'm even complaining about this, have always loved the Battlefield franchise.

Mines nerf is ok. Its basically the same, only you're limited to 6 at a time (then they start to replace each other) - they don't disappear like the patch notes say.
    Wow, Engie AA is entirely useless now...
    Only got to use it there last night.

AA and RPG/SMAW. Takes a stupid amount of rockets to kill a tank now. Well, apart from the AA tanks, as they're now made of paper apparently.

It was good at the start but now the sam is crap plus anyone worth his salt now in the heli has the stealth unlocks and knows how to dodge the lock(dropping behind hill etc) plus health regen is bollo*x and repairing is too quick.

Tanks said it before and i'll say it again, repair is too boody quick, the other night it was the bmp vs the LVA(me), about 20 seonds into the scrap engie in the bmp jumps out and starts repairing, i unload the normal rounds on it switch to missiles while reloads, basically did this 3 times, meanwhile i'm tearing across the map to try and take out the engie because he's repairing faster than i'm damaging the tank. Eventally he gets it to 100% jumps in and takes me out because i wasn't an engie.

• Advertisement

Mines nerf is ok. Its basically the same, only you're limited to 6 at a time (then they start to replace each other) - they don't disappear like the patch notes say.

No, I don't mean that, I agree with how they did that, it's basically what I was suggesting in response to the patch notes. What I mean, it's absolutely crazy for enemy mines to be visible on the mini-map. It's so bad, I have not seen a single mine kill since the patch, which only makes it harder to fight the armour since the Tank buff. On Seine crossing conquest, I've seen Tanks go to town with massive scores and just nigh impossible to take them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I still get a few mine kills alright - I think they have to be spotted to show up. (though in fairness they shouldn't show on the mini-map).

I don;t know what morons decided that they should show up - they're hardly OP; they stick out like a sore thumb with night vision on, and you can see then in normal light fairly easily (don't think I've been victim of mines more than twice).

Obviously the morons that don't look where they're driving complained or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Best answer to tanks: C4

I still get a few mine kills alright - I think they have to be spotted to show up. (though in fairness they shouldn't show on the mini-map).

I don;t know what morons decided that they should show up - they're hardly OP; they stick out like a sore thumb with night vision on, and you can see then in normal light fairly easily (don't think I've been victim of mines more than twice).

Obviously the morons that don't look where they're driving complained or something.

I still don't believe they have to be spotted. See it on too many occasions where spotting could be ruled out, unless it's bugged.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Best answer to tanks: C4

Well, there's something fundamentally wrong when the best weapon against armour is a support player with C4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yeah, I don't think the mines have to be spotted either, you just have to kinda near them. Really seems like a bug as opposed to a conscious change.

Seifer wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think the mines have to be spotted either, you just have to kinda near them. Really seems like a bug as opposed to a conscious change.

Possibly in a tank you need to be close. However, if you whip out the mortar and bring up the hud, you can see new ones going down across the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

It was good at the start but now the sam is crap plus anyone worth his salt now in the heli has the stealth unlocks and knows how to dodge the lock(dropping behind hill etc) plus health regen is bollo*x and repairing is too quick.

Tanks said it before and i'll say it again, repair is too boody quick, the other night it was the bmp vs the LVA(me), about 20 seonds into the scrap engie in the bmp jumps out and starts repairing, i unload the normal rounds on it switch to missiles while reloads, basically did this 3 times, meanwhile i'm tearing across the map to try and take out the engie because he's repairing faster than i'm damaging the tank. Eventally he gets it to 100% jumps in and takes me out because i wasn't an engie.

Repair is way too quick alright. I had a tank battle the other day that went on for yonks cos they had an engineering repairing too. Was a bit silly really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE THE MINE POSITION FOR ME NOW PLEASE. Excuse the font but I'd appreciate a response:

AT Mines

(a) Do they die with you or remain on the map
    (b) Are they seen on mini map or only when spotted
    (c) What is maximum that can be left down

Claymore Mines

C4

mozattack wrote: »
    SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE THE MINE POSITION FOR ME NOW PLEASE. Excuse the font but I'd appreciate a response:

AT Mines

(a) remain
    (b) as far as I can tell they are seen without being spotted
    (c) 6

Someone else can take the other 2 as of yet I've not used them enough to fin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Tried to pat for the 1st time since the patch came out, just get audio and a black screen :( anyone have an idea whats going on ?

Fixed it just a had the Russian version so needed language pack ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Just downloading the patch now. I didn't know it would take all night to download! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Seifer wrote: »

It could be related to the fixing of the tug and the increase use of the mav and soflam by recon units.

Also spotting is two fold you can spot straight away by aiming at something and pressing Q but you also spot naturally if you line something up in your sights for a brief period of time.

The times I see mines/claymores showing up on levels tend to be ones where Mossay is flying his mav around or there are a fair number of recon units.

And I have still run into mines not showing up on the minimap in a tank at times so I do think there is some spotting element involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

It has made a haims of the game.....I am getting lag now when I wasn't before (on PS3).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

mozattack wrote: »

Claymore Mines

Was using these today and observed:

(a) Remain
    (b) They seem to be seen. At least I am seeing enemy claymores a lot more on the minimap.
    (c) 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"Now that I'm done with Skyrim I'll get back to Battlefield I think. Sunday afternoon, perfect...oh look, an Origin update....oh look Battlefield is downloading a four gig patch. **** you origin."

Must say the AEK gives the F2000 a god run for its money now. Racking up kills with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can see everyone's ping except my own...

Also I appear to need to hit people with the SVD three times now instead of two to get a kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The server browser is a mess as well.

I always sort by ping to get the best/fastest connection and when hitting "refresh" I never get the same list twice (with no filter update).

I can pout a name in the search field ("dublin" for instance) and get servers with a ping of 10 or under. Take out the search term however and the lowest ping I can find is 50??? wtf??

Advertisement