Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build for €1,000

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Serephucus wrote: »
    Ok, I was (half) joking when I said that. Those settings will most-likely be stable, but you have to hav the cooling to dissipate that sort of heat. What CPU, cooler and case do you have again?

Haha I see, well I'm not sure where you changed them, nevermind what to change them to :P This is what I have:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    Case: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    Eh, the motherboard DEFINITELY has a CPU 8pin power connector. (you got the ASRock Z68?).

ALL modern motherboards have CPU power connectors.

The ATX 12v connector is the CPU power connector. 8 pins, and near enough to the CPU socket.

Yeah it does, it was just split in two to support older motherboards, which kind of confused me a bit. It was tight getting it to reach though, as the heatsink is HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Should be ok for 4.5 then at least. Make sure you run stress tests and the like though. 75 for a 24 hour test is about your limit though, 80 if you're using Intel Burn Test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hmm, If I should do a 24 hour test then I think I might leave it for a few days, don't want to stop playing Skyrim just yet :P

Advertisement