Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden loss of Remote control range on Ditec gate

Options
  • 03-12-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, I have electric gates operated by a ditec gol4c remote. Recently both remotes suddenly lost operating range so much that you have to walk right up to the gate before the RC will work. Although I found it strange that both remotes would deplete their batteries suddenly and at the same time, I replaced batteries in both but with no imrovement. The antenna on the wall does not appear damaged nor covered. Could anybody advise what might be amiss here? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

MYSTICA1 wrote: »
    Hi, I have electric gates operated by a ditec gol4c remote. Recently both remotes suddenly lost operating range so much that you have to walk right up to the gate before the RC will work. Although I found it strange that both remotes would deplete their batteries suddenly and at the same time, I replaced batteries in both but with no imrovement. The antenna on the wall does not appear damaged nor covered. Could anybody advise what might be amiss here? Thanks
    Check the condition of the cable feeding the antenna.

Also check to see if the cable has unplugged from the PCB within the control box. Perhaps it got a tug.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

If you have to be standing right at the gate to get the remotes to work then the problem is most likely right back at the reciever card either the cable has been pulled out from the card itself or its a faultly card.

The antenna is only used for extended range as a simple piece of single cable about 100mm long coming from the card should give you about 20m range default,thats how they come out of the box.So usually when there is no range at all it means there is nothing connected to the reciever card.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Thanks for the replies! I have opened the box and both antennas apeear to be connected OK Would there be any other possible causes? Thanks again

paddymick wrote: »
    If you have to be standing right at the gate to get the remotes to work then the problem is most likely right back at the reciever card either the cable has been pulled out from the card itself or its a faultly card.

The antenna is only used for extended range as a simple piece of single cable about 100mm long coming from the card should give you about 20m range default,thats how they come out of the box.So usually when there is no range at all it means there is nothing connected to the reciever card.
    Thanks Paddymick! If it is a faulty card how much do you reckon that could set me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

if you drop remote, qwarz can crack and remote have very week signal, you need a new remote

• Advertisement

if you drop remote, qwarz can crack and remote have very week signal, you need a new remote
    Thanks for this .. I will buy a new remote and try that .. I'm slightly sceptical that this is the issue though as both remotes lost range at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

Give AUTO ENTRY SYSTEMS in Dublin a call they are the main Ditec agents in Ireland Im not sure if they sell parts over the counter to the public but a phone call wont hurt.:)

Plus I highly doubt its a problem with the remotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

they sell parts ;) on recession everyone sell if you only want buy and pay, the best in cash :D

Advertisement