Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Citizen vacation in Ireland

• 03-12-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

For a US citizen coming to Ireland on vacation, do they need to apply to something similar to the ESTA that us Irish must apply for when traveling to the States under the VWP? Or is it simply a matter of booking tickets and flying over?

Also what kinda of things would they be asked at the passport check upon arrival in Dublin?

I would love some info from people who have gone through this as my girlfriend will be flying into Dublin for Christmas and she is worried about what happens once she gets here. I know on the plane to Dublin she will be given a card to fill out but I don't know what info she must provide so I'd love if someone could tell me about that too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

As far as I know, US citizens travelling to any EU country do not need a visa for a stay less than three months.

I doubt whether you will be asked anything in particular at the passport check if your US passport looks genuine. As for the info on the card you have to fill out, it is straightforward and just answer truthfully (and why shouldn't you?).

Welcome to Ireland and I hope you have a great time in our country.:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Isn't there a customs for or something that non EU citizens are given on the plane about an hour out from landing that they have to fill in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup, you fill in a landing card, which you present with your passport at immigration. It's pretty basic info from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭eire4

It is pretty much a case of booking your tickets and enjoying your holiday. My wife is American and all she has to do is fill out a form on the plane and then go through to the non EU citizens passport stations. All very straight forward.

Advertisement