Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dryer stoping after a few minutes

• 03-12-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Ive got a dryer here (Hotpoint TDC30P) thats started to act up today. It will run fine for a few minutes then just completly stop. Immediatly after it stops it will not start again for a few minutes. Thinking it was the thermostats again (it would not heat up a few months ago, fixed the thermostat and it was grand) I opened the back to take a look. Visually they look fine (bulging out rather than in) but i dont have a meter to test them.

I let it run for a few mins on the high heat setting and it stopped, then let it run on the low heat setting and it stoped in the areound the same time frame, so im not sure if its overheating (ive also cleaned out as much lint/fluff as i can)

Does anyon know what the problem might be or will i have to call a guy out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

I had one that did that. Can you rotate the drum fairly easily by hand.
    Ours was jammed up with fluff around the drum and the felt bearing pads.
    Motor overheats and trips out
    Is there plenty of air coming out the hose? another trip on the heater could be tripping out if there isnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Drum turns fairly easily when i turn it by hand. There is something like fluff on the drum, but im not sure if its insulation around the drum as its very compacted. Almost seems like its a mat. Would there be anything there to insulate the drum or would it just be fluff compacted by the drum spinning.

Im 90% sure the motor is tripping out. It works fine until it stops and theres a small flash (like the odd time when you plug something in) when it goes. Then it will flash once you press the button straight away then nothing until the motor cools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭dathi

had a similar problem with a bosh tumble dryer if you held the on switch in it would stay going, turned out it was the pcb relay board , is at the top under the lid about 2" square if its blown you will be able to see as it will have gone brown, they are about 20 quid on ebay.

Advertisement