Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro arcade themed diner

• 03-12-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

I am in charge of the fast food/diner part of a family entertainment centre. The boss wants to liven the diner up a bit and I was thinking a retro arcade theme would be a great idea. You can buy old school table type machines like the kind used to have frogger or space invaders on them that have about 60 or so retro games installed on them, my idea us to install these in the existing booths to be used as the tables you eat your food off and you can play a few of your favourite retro games while you are at it. It would let the younger kids and teens see what we used to play when we were their age aswell. I was thinking about having space invader competitions, student nights etc.
    What does anybody think of this idea? Should I push it a bit more with the boss!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's 8-bit cafes in Japan. they have a super nintendo or a NES at each table and you can take a game to the table to play. Could be an idea to look into these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's 8-bit cafes in Japan. they have a super nintendo or a NES at each table and you can take a game to the table to play. Could be an idea to look into these.

That be cool. Burgers and megaman together at last

Advertisement