Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiant Historia?

Options
  • 03-12-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a site where I can import the game from Videogamesplus doesn't seem to have any and I dont know where else to go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

It's a rare bean. I even emailed Atlus who told me they were in the process of doing another print.

I got one of the few remaining copies with a sound track attached.
    great game, almost on par with the 'good Suikodens'. the 100% ending is my favourite game ending this year! it;s nice when RPG endings don't disappear and get tangled up into a web of bollox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Glad to see Atlus are fond of doing reprints now. I'm still smarting over the price of their PS1 games that I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Still cant seem to find a copy Id be willing to pay around €40 used but on amazon its $125 used lol, I guess I'll just have to play ffxiii-2 until it becomes reasonably priced

wow, Might try sell at a profit now I;ve beaten it 100% and witnessed one of the best endings on a RPG since I was young and easily pleased by endings

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atlus have been teasing a reprint for a while on facebook. It's going to get a reprint very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Would this be considered the best (recent) JRPG on the DS?

I'll be doing some travelling next month and was hoping to get a new DS game to keep me going (Devil Survivor 2 won't be out in time :().

Hard to say considering the DS has had an absolute rake of amazing RPGs released on it in 2011 from Pokemon, Radiant Historia, Etrian Odyssey 3, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, etc. It would definitely be one of the best ones on it though!

Long story short, yes, yes it is.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hard to say considering the DS has had an absolute rake of amazing RPGs released on it in 2011 from Pokemon, Radiant Historia, Etrian Odyssey 3, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, etc. It would definitely be one of the best ones on it though!
    For me it's the most enticing one on that list.

Am weary of Pokemon, EO2 was good but a bit too old-school for me and you've just reminded me that I still have that other DQ somewhere!:eek:

Have you not played a Pokemon before? You really should if you haven't, really amazing RPGs.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Have you not played a Pokemon before? You really should if you haven't, really amazing RPGs.
    I sure have, had both Ruby and Sapphire and pumped 200+ hours in! After that I played most of Diamond (the first DS one?) and it was all a bit samey.

The reprint is coming, March 19 :)

Excellent game. Really enjoying the story (which is reminding me of the last couple of Fire Emblems) and the characters. Time travelling mechanic is a nice twist, am still not 100% convinced by it yet but it helps break things up. Can lead to being over powered though which takes away from the combat.

Am 15 hours in, roughly how long does it take to finish? Trying to figure out if I'll get it finished before Devil Survivor 2 arrives.

I agree the difficulty balancing was a bit hay-wire.
    Sometimes even though you seem to be doing the right amount of levelling you feel swamped and then others you're too strong. (makes a difference to FF7/8/9 I suppose where you seem to be doing the correct amount of levelling but everything is too easy)

now you would expect the further you go in one time lime (thus the higher the enemy level) the harder the battles become, and the easier your making the trek through the other time line when you travel to it. However it seems the game had it's own idea of where the hard and easy dungeons are, almost as if when you go against the grain you're fighting surprisingly hard monster from one chapter to the next, then you travel across to the other history and all of a sudden your one-hit-killing everything.
    That and also the fact that once you gain certain skills you can break the system. ff7/8 style. you no longer need to worry about placing enemies once you get some of the players better moves, I hate when games do that. Grandia is awful for it: they make a wonderful little fighting system, then a couple of dungeons into the second half for the game you start getting skills which basically wiped the screen clear for you erasing all aspects of strategy or needing to know anything about the game's mechanics.

for RH at least it's a small gripe. The battle system is still one of the better I've played. for me it falls somewhere between FFX, suikoden and BoF4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Best place to pick this up anyone? Weary of videogamesplus since the hacking...

Worked out as €47 from Amazon.com

€32 from Videogamesplus and it shipped today :) + remember if you go with Amazon.com you'll most likely get hit with Vat on arrival here

Having felt overlevelled for large chunks of the game I've had some really tense and tight battles towards the end. The battle system comes into its own when you have to find a robust strategy for a difficult boss.

Unfortunatley, and bizarrely, I've come to the end of the game really under-levelled! I can't get near any of the final battles! I checked an FAQ which recommends you are Lvl 60+, I'm lvl 43 and there are no areas which make levelling easy :eek:

Advertisement