Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Book ideas for an 8 year old?

• 03-12-2011 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Ideally that I could get from Amazon?,could be new or an old classic. All I can think of is Adrian Mole and the Famous Five but theyr'e possibly for an older age. Have no idea of what's current. An ideas appreciated.
    Danke
    F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Freiheit wrote: »
    Ideally that I could get from Amazon?,could be new or an old classic. All I can think of is Adrian Mole and the Famous Five but theyr'e possibly for an older age. Have no idea of what's current. An ideas appreciated.
    Danke
    F

I'd recommend something by Jacqueline Wilson, maybe Double Act, or The Suitcase Kid...i read them when I was around that age and I loved them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Not sure if its a girl or a boy, but my guy loves Horrid Henry Books, Beast Quest, How to train your dragon books etc. I think the best thing for you to do is to actually go into the book shop and you will see great books there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

"The mouse and his child" (if you can fidn a copy -it is out of print)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I have a few nieces and nephews around this age.
    I know that girls and boys of this age like The Diary of a Wimpy Kid which is a comic book and book combined. There are 6 books in this series so far and the 7th book is due out in the middle of November. You can pre order this book on Amazon. The other books here can be got on amazon also.
    One of my nephews like to know how things work so I got him this book -
    See Inside Inventions ( Usborne see inside) By Alex Firth which tell how inventions came to be made. It has lift of flaps to see how things work & more info on them. My nephew really liked this and there are a number of books in the series.
    Another thing I bought was Lego: Crazy Action Contraptions (Klutz) - this is a book giving you instructions on how to build 16 lego items and includes the pieces to do this.
    If the child likes lego another book worth buying is The LEGO® Ideas Book which all of my nieces and nephews like a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just to point out this thread was started last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I was going to say anything by David Walliams. :-)

Advertisement