Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MEAN

NIALL D wrote: »
    cashel out twards killenaule , snow showers on and off now.. im about 160 metre asl ;)

WHERES HERE ???
    north tipp near nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

No reports of snow the latest 10pm reports (though Knock not reporting conditions - 0.3mm in last hour which may have been snow) Lowest temps hovering around 1.0c inland to between 5c & 7c along coasts.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp
    Sleety rain here. Showers seem to be weakening as they come inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Not long home from work in Ashbourne. Snow was falling most of the way from kentstown. Only sticking in Virginia, lighter past the Lavey Inn and a light dusting in Cavan town. Had only just started snowing in Belturbet before I got home...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sleety rain in Waterford too I do not expect any snow so I won't be getting anyway excited (yet) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No reports of snow the latest 10pm reports (though Knock not reporting conditions - 0.3mm in last hour which may have been snow) Lowest temps hovering around 1.0c inland to between 5c & 7c along coasts.

Don't know about those reports. This is the situation I was facing a few hours ago :D

4113174648_aeaf5f9bac.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

hi all, can anyone tell me how to figure out how high above sea level i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sleety rain here. Showers seem to be weakening as they come inland.

A shower imminent here (sky turning orange) but temp an unhealthy 1.8c. Will let you know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

No offence love, but the posts on the weather forum this evening are frankly starting to get irritating..............brain dead questions coming left right and centre !! :mad:

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

http://www.earthtools.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Don't know about those reports. This is the situation I was facing a few hours ago :D
    you wish :D
    actually so do i :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Heavy rain in Cork once again. If these had been snow showers we'd probably have around 10cm by now!
    There may be a little sleet in it actually, but I'd say 90% rain at least.

Keep all the pics coming anyway, I need all the distractions I can get from my geology essay!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

MEAN wrote: »
    north tipp near nenagh

you should be due some soon..

watch here. last few showers were jus south of you lookin at rain today.. ;)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

derekon wrote: »
    No offence love, but the posts on the weather forum this evening are frankly starting to get irritating..............brain dead questions coming left right and centre !! :mad:

D

Thats not a brain dead question, it's a perfectly valid question.

The elitist attitude on here is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

We had a way of doing it on here in 09, I think it was google earth. Maybe some one else will remember?

EDIT: Tony got there before me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

D

That's a bit harsh really. Lots of people come on here only when the weather is bad and are complete 'noobies' from the regulars point of view but even if you were going to complain a bit you could have told them how to check. It's unproductive not to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

4113174648_aeaf5f9bac.jpg

I know there's a recession on Nacho, but popping the hood on your neighbour's engine to steal the oil for heating is taking things a bit far now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

D

Be nice its snowing!!

Thats not a brain dead question, it's a perfectly valid question.

The elitist attitude on here is ridiculous.

Yes but there is a time and a place for it! Tonight should be about snow reporting. And common sense would tell me a quick search on the internet would find the answer.

No offence intended to the lady in question...........

D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

D

I know lack of snow can be irritating, but no need to take it out on others. People are getting a bit excited over this wintry spell, it has been a while! Just relax and enjoy the ride:D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

D

jeez sorry, i was just askin if you could tell me how i would find that out, by no means am i dead brain, i just thought maby someone could help me with a quicker way than trailing through google for hours trying to figure it out. I rarely post anything here incase i ask somethin silly.

i know how annoying the postings are this evening but didnt think mine was in same level as will it snow in my garden type. Bit harsh i think

• Advertisement

jeez sorry, i was just askin if you could tell me how i would find that out, by no means am i dead brain, i just thought maby someone could help me with a quicker way than trailing through google for hours trying to figure it out. I rarely post anything here incase i ask somethin silly.

i know how annoying the postings are this evening but didnt think mine was in same level as will it snow in my garden type. Bit harsh i think

fair point. i was a bit harsh.

Can you accept my apology? :cool:

D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

My brother just rang and it's snowing between loughrea and ballinasloe but nothing here yet!

A shower imminent here (sky turning orange) but temp an unhealthy 1.8c. Will let you know how it goes!

Rain, nay a snowflake in site.

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    I know lack of snow can be irritating, but no need to take it out on others. People are getting a bit excited over this wintry spell, it has been a while! Just relax and enjoy the ride:D

I have no interest in whether it snows in Dublin this evening so my post was not based on an annoyance of snow (I am based in Ringsend)

I could not give a toss, we had enough of that snow (around 2 foot) last year! :D

D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I have no interest in whether it snows in Dublin this evening so my post was not based on an annoyance of snow (I am based in Ringsend)

I could not give a toss, we had enough of that snow (around 2 foot) last year! :D

D

Can we please get back on topic this is a tread about reporting snow nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

fair point. i was a bit harsh. Can you accept my apology? :cool: D

Done & dusted, now back to the snow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I think that Nacho is hogging all the lovely snow for himself... well its not fair Nacho, you must share with the rest of the group... remember Santa is coming in a few weeks time and you don't want to end up on his naughty list, now do you? Come on.....SHARE!!!

:D
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Just poped outside and took a couple of pics

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Cool Gaff.

• Advertisement

Fishtits wrote: »
    Done & dusted, now back to the snow ;)

What a great username you have!

Snow showers really seem to be missing the synoptic stations the last couple of hours with just rain and hail being reported on the 11pm reports:

Some gale gusts being reported along the west coast in particular and temps generally in the range 1c - 3c inland to 4c - 7c coastal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement