If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch tv, wireless DLNA

Options
  • 03-12-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

My poor head is addled from all the options I've been reading about here :)

I'm looking for a good value 32" lcd which can easily play files off of a laptop. It doesn't have to be the best TV ever made, just decent and the cheaper the better.

I looked at some of the Philips recommendations on here & the USB seems to do what I'm looking for. Wireless DLNA looks even better though.

Can you recommend a 32" TV that will do both?

p.s. an faq on this forum would be a great addition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The issue with the wireless DLNA or wired DLNA is that it does not come in at the entry-level part of the market.

The USB features do, but they save the networking for higher end models.

To give you an example : LG 32LK450 which is a 1080p 32" screen with USB playback is currently £279.95.

The next one up in the range that does have the networking is the 5* what hifi award winning 32LV550T which was reviewed at £600 but is now just £449.95 so there is a slight price difference.

You are not only paying for the DLNA, but you move into a 100Hz screen with superior contrast, sound, connections and overall is a much better TV.

There are cheaper DLNA certified screens than this, but any that I have come across do not have the processing required to be able to run high quality DNLA material well and therefore, I would recommend that you go down the USB route instead.

I hoped this helps, but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hmmm

I see Dave has given you a couple of options but I was wondering what Philips TV you saw that took your fancy?

Our cheapest 32" that can access the net itself would be the 32PFL7406H
    32pfl7406h_12__fv_.jpg

This is a wired Net TV but can, via the PTA01 WiFi Dongle access the Net wirelessly (this Dongle costs €49.99)

Check its spec's out here

As Dave mentioned, TV's that can access the NEt are in the upper end of our range and this one comes in at €699.99
    All the 32" postioned below this are not Net TV's but you can plug your laptop into them via the VGA or HDMI inputs on the TV's directly or use the USB input for plugging in USB drives etc.

So with that in mind a 32" Full HD LCD TV will start from €369.99, the 32PFL3606H and a 32" Full HD LED TV from €499.99 named the 32PFL5606H

HD Ready TV's start a little lower in price in both LCD and LED types.

As you'll see from here we have an excellent selection in 32inchers!

Let me know if a particular TV hits the spot and I'll see if I can do a Boardies Special Price for you

Hope this helps

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.