Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Phone Calls over the internet?

• 03-12-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

I have a high speed broadband but I don't have a landline.

Can anyone tell me how I can make free calls over the internet especially to landlines in ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

There is no way to make FREE calls to landlines in Ireland as far as I know. You can certainly make low-cost calls however.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

iredia wrote: »
    Hi

I have a high speed broadband but I don't have a landline.

Can anyone tell me how I can make free calls over the internet especially to landlines in ireland?

Thanks

As mulcahy pointed out, you can get cheap but not free. The lowest I have seen to Irish and UK landlines is less then 1 USD cent and to irish mobiles is 7 USD cent. Obviously, terminating point locations shouldn't be a problem if you have flawless broadband. Have a search over the forum and you will see related topics.
    <Snip>Search info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    As mulcahy pointed out, you can get cheap but not free. The lowest I have seen to Irish and UK landlines is less then 1 USD cent and to irish mobiles is 7 USD cent. Obviously, terminating point locations shouldn't be a problem if you have flawless broadband. Have a search over the forum and you will see related topics.
    <Snip>Search info

I guess it depends on what is regarded as free ..... there are companies who charge approximately half of what our main providers charge, for calls to mobile phones in Ireland. A lot of those provide free calls to Irish and other landlines around the world.
    So in that case .... if there is a requirement to make calls to mobile phones every so often, the land line calls are actually free.
    There is most often a number of 'free days' after your last top up ..... 90 days or more.
    So if you would spend about €10 every three months on calls to mobiles (at half rate), then yes your calls to land lines will be free.

I guess there is nothing really free in this life :D

This link might give you an idea of what I mean ....

http://backsla.sh/betamax

Those are only one group of companies ..... there are many more with different plans, one of which might suit you better.

Advertisement